PDA

View Full Version : Labor Department backs off plan forcing reporters to use government-issued computers

Gina
06-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Link (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/09/labor-department-backs-off-plan-forcing-reporters-to-use-government-issued/?test=latestnews)

The Labor Department has backed off a plan to force news agencies to use government-issued computers and other equipment to report on jobless reports and other key economic data, following a GOP-led House hearing this week, according to several published reports.

Agency officials have said they want reporters who analyze, then write about economic reports inside their so-called “lock up” room to use U.S. computers, software and Internet lines so the government can further protect against such potential security breaches as hacking.

But the plan also resulted in cries about potential free-speech violations and the government now having computer access to news agencies.

“This proposal threatens the First Amendment,” Bloomberg News Executive Editor Dan Moss said during a House Oversight and Government Reform Committee hearing. “The government would literally open the reporters’ notebooks.”

Nice try Labor Dept. :rolleyes:

Janice
06-09-2012, 05:53 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GfKAQ.jpg

Who said theres no connection between the 0bama Regime and 1984?

ThinkingBig
06-09-2012, 10:53 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GfKAQ.jpg

Who said theres no connection between the 0bama Regime and 1984?

Hyperbole much?

wasp69
06-10-2012, 10:04 AM
Hyperbole much?

Just so we're clear, you support what the Labor Dept was trying to do?

Odysseus
06-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Just so we're clear, you support what the Labor Dept was trying to do?

The irony of the administration leaking national security data in order to make itself look good, but trying to monitor how the press reports labor data, which is far less sensitive to our security, is lost on TB.

Zathras
06-10-2012, 10:58 AM
The irony of the administration leaking national security data in order to make itself look good, but trying to monitor how the press reports labor data, which is far less sensitive to our security, is lost on TB.

That's not saying much Ody....everything is pretty much lost on TB.

Janice
06-10-2012, 11:38 AM
That's not saying much Ody....everything is pretty much lost on TB.

I am beginning to wonder. One would think that "Thinkingbig" would be a nice pseudonym ... except the 'thinking' part of it seems to have been lost somehow... somewhere. So much so that at times he almost appears to be a parody unto himself. Unless of course he is simply feigning to be "too smart by half".

The evidence thus far would suggest a "glass half empty".

Rockntractor
06-10-2012, 11:41 AM
I am beginning to wonder. One would think that "Thinkingbig" would be a nice pseudonym ... except the 'thinking' part of it seems to have been lost somehow... somewhere. So much so that at times he almost appears to be a parody unto himself. Unless of course he is simply feigning to be "too smart by half".

The evidence thus far would suggest a "glass half empty".

A Wei clone.

wasp69
06-11-2012, 10:11 AM

As are, I suspect, many other things.