PDA

View Full Version : Commerce Secretary John Bryson accused in hit-and-run crashes

SarasotaRepub
06-11-2012, 07:38 AM
From Maria P. White, CNN
updated 7:31 AM EDT, Mon June 11, 2012

(CNN) -- U.S. Secretary of Commerce John Bryson was cited with felony hit-and-run after allegedly causing two car accidents within minutes of one another in southern California, a police spokesman told CNN early Monday.

Authorities cited Bryson at an area hospital where he was treated for injuries sustained in the accidents, Lt. Ariel Duran of the San Gabriel Police Department said.

Commerce Department spokeswoman Jennifer Friedman said Bryson was involved involved in an accident, but was uninjured. He has been released from the hospital, she said in a statement.

The accidents occurred Saturday evening, officials said.
Bryson, who was driving a Lexus, rear-ended a Buick that was stopped at a railroad crossing in San Gabriel, police said Sunday in a statement.

LINKY (http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/11/politics/california-bryson/index.html?hpt=hp_t1)

bijou
06-11-2012, 07:39 AM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0176154c57aa970c-640wi (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0176154c57aa970c-pi)
Authorities are investigating a series of traffic collisions in the San Gabriel Valley involving U.S. Secretary of Commerce John Bryson, authorities said Saturday.
Bryson was found unconscious in his vehicle and has been hospitalized, officials said.
Bryson was driving a Lexus in the 400 block of South San Gabriel Boulevard shortly after 5 p.m. Saturday, when he allegedly rear-ended a Buick as it was waiting for a train to pass, according to a statement released by the L.A. County Sheriff's Department and the San Gabriel Police Department.
Read more: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/06/us-commerce-secretary-accused-in-hit-and-run-crashes-found-unconcious.html

linda22003
06-11-2012, 08:31 AM
I'd reserve judgment on this until I hear what they find out at the hospital. I remember when Robert Novak had an event like this, and it was funny until it turned out to be a brain tumor.

AmPat
06-11-2012, 10:49 AM
I'd reserve judgment on this until I hear what they find out at the hospital. I remember when Robert Novak had an event like this, and it was funny until it turned out to be a brain tumor.
I agree. We don't want to be like the libertards who jump to conclusions and hang the man before the evidence is in.

SaintLouieWoman
06-11-2012, 11:06 PM
I agree. We don't want to be like the libertards who jump to conclusions and hang the man before the evidence is in.

Agree with you on that. I had a meeting this evening, but before I left home they were saying that he had seizures. That doesn't seem logical, because normally someone wouldn't have a seizure, talk to the people that he hit, then hit them again, move the car and hit another one, then pass out.

Perhaps they just misused the term "seizure".

Rockntractor
06-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Agree with you on that. I had a meeting this evening, but before I left home they were saying that he had seizures. That doesn't seem logical, because normally someone wouldn't have a seizure, talk to the people that he hit, then hit them again, move the car and hit another one, then pass out.

It almost sounds like he got in on one of the white house happy hours.

noonwitch
06-12-2012, 09:00 AM

There are different types of seizures, but there are also neurological occurences that get called seizures, but the person is conscious the whole time. I had a friend who had a convulsive disorder from a head injury, and he would be unconscious, technically, but would talk sometimes during his seizure. Of course, he was curled up on the floor convulsing and his speech usually amounted to shouting at his girlfriend "no doctors, no hospitals", but it was a strange split between conscious and unconscious behavior.