PDA

View Full Version : John McCain's economic adviser Carly Fiorina.....

LogansPapa
09-18-2008, 02:41 PM
John McCain's economic adviser Carly Fiorina hidden away after gaffes

An economic adviser to John McCain has disappeared from public view after saying that neither he nor his running mate Sarah Palin were capable of running a major corporation.

By Jon Swaine
Last Updated: 2:55PM BST 18 Sep 2008

Carly Fiorina, who rose from a secretarial position to become chief executive of the technology giant Hewlett-Packard, made the gaffes in two separate interviews.

First she was asked by a radio host - who had just praised her own business record – that since Mr McCain "thinks Mrs Palin has the experience to be president ... do you think she has the experience to run a major company like Hewlett-Packard?"

Miss Fiorina replied: "No, I don't. That's not what she is running for."

Asked later in a television interview about her remark, Ms Fiorina said: "Well, I don't think John McCain could run a major corporation."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/johnmccain/2981366/John-McCains-economic-adviser-Carly-Fiorina-hidden-away-after-gaffes.html

LogansPapa
09-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Well Guys, where the Hell did she go?:confused:

lacarnut
09-18-2008, 11:37 PM
Well Guys, where the Hell did she go?:confused:

Who cares and I don't think a politician that has never been an Exec. of a company is qualified to be a CEO of H.P. What a dumb ass question. Plus, do you think Obama or Biden is qualified?

If you do not think this reporter has an agenda, then you are screwed up in the head.

OwlMBA
09-19-2008, 01:20 AM
I have met Carly a couple of times. She is a brilliant women, but an incapable leader. Maybe the reporter should have asked if SHE is qualified to run HP, because the Board and Investors sure didn't think so.

LibraryLady
09-19-2008, 01:36 AM
LP you need to source things at other places then huff post

"Well, I don't think John McCain could run a major corporation; I don't think Barack Obama could run a major corporation; I don't think Joe Biden could run a major corporation.

"But, on the other hand, running a major corporation is not the same as being the president or the vice president of the United States. It is a fallacy to suggest that the country is like a company.

Goldwater
09-19-2008, 03:39 AM
I have met Carly a couple of times. She is a brilliant women, but an incapable leader. Maybe the reporter should have asked if SHE is qualified to run HP, because the Board and Investors sure didn't think so.

Who else did she hurt with her management? Wasn't she running Compaq or something?

Sonnabend
09-19-2008, 04:09 AM
LP can always be relied on for half truths..DUmmies lie...DUmmies lie all the time.

LogansPapa
09-19-2008, 11:32 AM
LP can always be relied on for half truths..DUmmies lie...DUmmies lie all the time.

Okay Australian, where'd she go? Is she going to to a Gramm reappearance some time soon?;)

Sonnabend
09-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Okay Australian, where'd she go? Is she going to to a Gramm reappearance some time soon?

What business is it of yours? She comes and goes as she pleases.

LogansPapa
09-19-2008, 12:39 PM
What business is it of yours? She comes and goes as she pleases.

And was apparently let go for the same lack of control on her mouth! :D

LibraryLady
09-19-2008, 12:41 PM
And was apparently let go for the same lack of control on her mouth! :D

Bet Obama wishes he could do that to Biden and Michelle.

LogansPapa
09-19-2008, 12:46 PM
Bet Obama wishes he could do that to Biden and Michelle.

Ya think?:D

Sonnabend
09-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Ya think?:D

Yes.

VP candidate Joe Biden made a slight mistake in his introduction of Senator Chuck Graham."
See the video here. (http://southerngent.wordpress.com/2008/09/10/other-joe-biden-gaffes/) The New York Times points out that at a campaign stop this week in Missouri, Biden urged the paraplegic state official to stand up to be recognized. “Chuck, stand up, let the people see you,” Mr. Biden shouted to State Senator Chuck Graham, before realizing, to his horror, that Mr. Graham uses a wheelchair.
"Oh, God love ya,” Mr. Biden said. “What am I talking about?”

OwlMBA
09-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Who else did she hurt with her management? Wasn't she running Compaq or something?

He was the CEO of HP when they acquired Compaq. The Board insisted that she bring on a COO to help with Operations - her weak spot. She refused to share power. So after years of problems and a stagnant stock price and many merger complications, they canned her with extreme prejudice.

AlmostThere
09-19-2008, 02:23 PM
LP you need to source things at other places then huff post

Thanks LL. I was about to post her whole quote until I saw you'd beat me to the punch. :)