PDA

View Full Version : A couple of days ago, an old friend of my wife's stopped

SarasotaRepub
06-15-2012, 09:10 PM
It's Friday night Bouncy Time with DUmmie MineralMan!!! (http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002814328) :biggrin-new:

Fri Jun 15, 2012, 08:04 PM
MineralMan

A couple of days ago, an old friend of my wife's stopped

Last edited Fri Jun 15, 2012, 08:05 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
by for Happy Hour. She recently married someone we haven't met, and we haven't seen her for several months. For many years, she and my wife have been friends, based on old college days stuff. I've always thought she was a bit flaky, but got along with her well enough and generally enjoyed her company. (Till now!!!)

Apparently the man she married is way off in Crazyland, though. (Well of course...) Shortly after the usual catching up stuff got discussed, she started going off on a combination of right wing crap and libertarian crap, mixing them up in a way that showed that she had no idea what she was talking about. (Stupid ReThug!!!) I shrugged it off and had another gin and tonic. It got worse. She and her husband have invested in some high-tech startup that they think is going to make millionaires of them, but that clearly is going to go belly up. (Because MM knows everything, kinda like Nadin.) Unlikely. (Unlikely he knows what he's talking about...) Then she started talking about her grandmother's place in North Dakota that she has an inheritance interest in. There's a fracking contract attached to the place. "Well, I don't like the fracking, but there could be a lot of money in it for us."

The last straw was when she starting quoting Alex Jones about some shit. I had been rolling my eyes madly all along, and consuming far too much gin for my own good. With the Alex Jones nonsense, I finally reached the end of any patience I had left, and then she started praising Jesse Ventura's "Conspiracy" show, and began a diatribe against the Bilderbergers. I broke in and quietly, but firmly, said, "Look, we need to stop talking about this worthless shit and move on to stuff we have in common, or I'm going to launch into a long rant."

The conversation changed to a discussion of old times and school stuff I'm not involved in. Soon enough, she left and went off to listen to Alex Jones or whatever. My wife said, "Thanks for getting the subject changed. Looks like her new husband is a nutcase." My wife is smart.

And so it goes...

It's just fracking amazing, I never meet people like the DUmmies do!!! They must have some kind of DUmmie Magnet built into them that attracts these type of peoples!!! And of course, I'm sure the Gin helped the story. :rolleyes::very_drunk:

NJCardFan
06-15-2012, 10:56 PM
I really don't understand why these people feel the need to make shit like this up.

Hubie
06-15-2012, 11:02 PM
I call b.s. just based on the Jesse Ventura line. He's on THEIR side.

Odysseus
06-15-2012, 11:31 PM
It got worse. She and her husband have invested in some high-tech startup that they think is going to make millionaires of them, but that clearly is going to go belly up.

It wasn't Solyndra, was it? Or one of those other green companies that Obama's been using to funnel taxpayer money to his buddies? If not, then it may just make some money after all.

Gina
06-16-2012, 10:17 AM
I call b.s. just based on the Jesse Ventura line. He's on THEIR side.

Same with Alex Jones and Bilderbergers. What a crock.

fettpett
06-16-2012, 12:04 PM
Same with Alex Jones and Bilderbergers. What a crock.

no doubt...I can't stand that idiot, I'd rather listen to Coast to Coast AM and some of the crazy's on there than Alex Jones...dumbshit went off the deep end YEARS ago.