PDA

View Full Version : Militants cross into Israel from Egypt, 1 killed

bijou
06-18-2012, 01:21 PM
Militants crossed from Egypt's turbulent Sinai Peninsula into southern Israel on Monday and opened fire on civilians building a border security fence, defense officials said. One of the Israeli workers was killed, and two assailants died in a gunbattle with Israeli troops responding to the attack. ... http://apnews.myway.com/article/20120618/D9VFIAO00.html

Adam Wood
06-18-2012, 01:44 PM
Well, that didn't take long.

Yet another Obama foreign policy success. Boy, howdy, am I ever glad that we didn't get someone elected VP who didn't have any foreign policy experience! I mean, that would have been a disaster! The Muslim Brotherhood could have taken over in Egypt because we turned our back on our ally or something else like that might have happened.

WHEW! Damn, that was close!

AmPat
06-18-2012, 01:47 PM
Well, that didn't take long.

Yet another Obama foreign policy success. Boy, howdy, am I ever glad that we didn't get someone elected VP who didn't have any foreign policy experience! I mean, that would have been a disaster! The Muslim Brotherhood could have taken over in Egypt because we turned our back on our ally or something else like that might have happened.

WHEW! Damn, that was close!
Wow, I agree. Look how we dodged that whole security, stability, and peace thingy. Things are SO much better now under the MaoBama Doctrine.

Zathras
06-18-2012, 02:26 PM
And so it begins.

AmPat
06-18-2012, 02:33 PM
And so it begins.
I know, let's throw even more money at them. That will make them love us even more!!!!:rolleyes:

Bailey
06-18-2012, 03:18 PM
I know, let's throw even more money at them. That will make them love us even more!!!!:rolleyes:

This is a good time to see what all those Israeli tanks can do.!!!!

Chuck58
06-18-2012, 04:04 PM
This is a good time to see what all those Israeli tanks can do.!!!!

I'd be interested, but I'm sure Hamas or whoever was involved would be screaming to the UN and/or obama for help. obama, being a good muslim would try to implement sanctions against Israel.

The Merkava IV is rated as one of the best tanks in the world.

Bailey
06-18-2012, 04:21 PM
I'd be interested, but I'm sure Hamas or whoever was involved would be screaming to the UN and/or obama for help. obama, being a good muslim would try to implement sanctions against Israel.

The Merkava IV is rated as one of the best tanks in the world.

well its best for what its up against i.e. desert warfare, old soviet tanks. I doubt if its a match for ours or German tanks.

Zathras
06-18-2012, 06:47 PM
well its best for what its up against i.e. desert warfare, old soviet tanks. I doubt if its a match for ours or German tanks.

Which, if they do go to a shooting war, they will be facing as Egypt currently has approximately 1250 M1A1 Abrams in service with the Egyptian Army.

Bailey
06-18-2012, 07:04 PM
Which, if they do go to a shooting war, they will be facing as Egypt currently has approximately 1250 M1A1 Abrams in service with the Egyptian Army.

Well then they could be open to a spot of trouble :(

OTOH its going to come down to training so who knows? Why the hell do we sell tanks like that to them?

Chuck58
06-18-2012, 07:38 PM
And I see where Israel is deploying armor and military along the Egyptian border now.

I wonder if Vegas has odds who we'll support, if things escalate?

http://israelmatzav.blogspot.com/2012/06/israel-moves-tanks-to-egyptian-border.html

AmPat
06-18-2012, 08:25 PM
And I see where Israel is deploying armor and military along the Egyptian border now.

I wonder if Vegas has odds who we'll support, if things escalate?

http://israelmatzav.blogspot.com/2012/06/israel-moves-tanks-to-egyptian-border.html
See? That right there is antagonistic and aggression. Israel is provoking their enemies----We told you so we told you so,,, and other such non-sense. :rolleyes: *DUmmy mode off*
Israel will do what any logical, self-respecting sovereign nation would do---crush the enemy, not play footsie with them.