PDA

View Full Version : Conflicting reports emerge over whether Hosni Mubarak has died

Zathras
06-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Conflicting reports emerge over whether Hosni Mubarak has died

Several senior Egyptian officials are now refuting a state news agency's report that former president Hosni Mubarak is 'clinically dead.' Citing medical sources, the state-run MENA news agency reported that that Mubarak had been declared "clinically dead" after being admitted to a military hospital on Tuesday evening. "Mubarak's heart stopped beating and was subjected to a defibrillator several times but did not respond," the MENA release stated.

However, senior officials, including military leaders, have now contradicted that earlier report. Gen. Mamdouh Shahin, a member of the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces, reportedly told CNN that Mubarak "is not clinically dead as reported, but his health is deteriorating and he is in critical condition."

Read the rest here: LINK (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/former-egyptian-president-hosni-mubarak-dies-212544424.html)

Rockntractor
06-19-2012, 06:50 PM
They say he was killed by a stroke but they are not saying which club was used.

JB
06-19-2012, 08:07 PM
I heard it on the radio. The report was "Mubarak is clinically dead. His heart stopped beating and he is not responding to a defibrilattor".

I thought...wth, do they have someone in the room tweeting the play by play?

"clear". they just said clear <send tweet>. "clear". they just said clear again. still no response <send tweet>. he does not look good <send tweet>. :biggrin-new:

noonwitch
06-20-2012, 11:30 AM
Poor guy. He survived so many assassination attempts over the decades, it's sad to see him go out this way. I hope his death/funeral is not used as a reason for rioting in Cairo.

linda22003
06-20-2012, 11:56 AM
Poor guy. He survived so many assassination attempts over the decades, it's sad to see him go out this way. I hope his death/funeral is not used as a reason for rioting in Cairo.

You can HOPE.... :blue: