PDA

View Full Version : I've been a member of DU for 7 years and I'm sensing something I haven't seen for 7

Kimberly
09-18-2008, 06:44 PM
Echo Chamber Linky (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x7106914)

LynneSin (1000+ posts) Thu Sep-18-08 10:47 AM
Original message
I've been a member of DU for 7 years and I'm sensing something I haven't seen for 7 years of DU.... Advertisements [?]I'm sensing Unity. I'm sensing that for the first time in 7 years all DU seems not only on the same page with this election but with the same enthusiasm. There's just something different about this election that I never felt with 2004; in fact the last time I really felt this was 1992 (which yes there was no DU but the excitement was just the same).

Am I the only person that is feeling this? I drive around and I'm seeing an overwhelming support for Obama. I hear people talk about him at work - talking positive about him. And here at DU, well we have Nader and McKinney both running on 3rd party progressive tickets and I see no one shouting "Damn this ticket I'm voting 3rd Party".

Something has changed. The Obama/Biden team is an inspiration that even I admit I couldn't quit get with a Kerry/Edwards or even a Gore/Lieberman ticket of elections past. There is truly a high level of excitement I thought I would never see after this primary season. But truly this year we are united as ever to take back this party!!

<:woohoo:>

Oh brother! It's easy to have unity when you ban or chase off everyone who disagrees with you.

ginnyinWI (1000+ posts) Thu Sep-18-08 11:15 AM
Response to Original message
25. Very pleased with the way DU has come together
especially after the Hillary-Obama split. Man, that was hard to go through!

I think what really helps unity is success. We really feel we've got something going on this election. And the other side's got nothing.

JB
09-18-2008, 06:55 PM
There's just something different about this election that I never felt with 2004I remember watching them jump out of windows after the 2004 election. That was some good unity.

Constitutionally Speaking
09-18-2008, 07:02 PM
They tombstoned EVERYONE who disagreed with them!!! My God these people are stupid!

gator
09-18-2008, 07:11 PM
I hear people talk about him at work

I wonder where this loser works. :rolleyes:

I also hear people taling about Obama where I work but it is mostly making fun of him.

nightflight
09-18-2008, 08:13 PM
Imprisonment, beatings, gulags, "nacht und nebel"; this is the Left's "unity".

patriot45
09-18-2008, 08:15 PM
I wonder where this loser works. :rolleyes:

I also hear people taling about Obama where I work but it is mostly making fun of him.

Hah, same here. You should hear the talk at the ELKs club after our hold-em games!!

SarasotaRepub
09-18-2008, 08:45 PM
Just wait till we steal the election again...:cool::D

movie buff
09-18-2008, 11:35 PM
It was easy for them to "Bring DU together after the Hillary/ Obama split": They simply tombstoned all the Hillary supporters who wouldn't convert to Obamunism.

GrumpyOldLady
09-19-2008, 07:13 AM
They tombstoned EVERYONE who disagreed with them!!! My God these people are stupid!

They loooooooooooove their echo chamber!

d_va
09-19-2008, 09:42 AM
Hitler's goal was unity with everyone who agreed and adored him :p

So the ethnic cleansing has been completed at DU? How progressive of them.:mad:

Goldwater
09-19-2008, 09:56 AM

:eek: You swine!

Elspeth
09-19-2008, 10:06 AM
It was easy for them to "Bring DU together after the Hillary/ Obama split": They simply tombstoned all the Hillary supporters who wouldn't convert to Obamunism.

Precisely. Exhibit A: your very own Elspeth.:)

BTW, the PUMA board I am on got badmouthed and lied about on DU last night by some joker (jokers?) posting as Kerry2008. Kerry2008 was banned at DU briefly and came to the PUMA board where I post. He/she/it? made trouble on our board and was banned. Now Kerry 2008 is claiming that he/she/it was banned because he/she/it was voting for Obama (not true). Our board is about supporting Hillary and reforming the DNC, but no one dictates who you vote for. I am voting McCain/Palin (as are others on that board) but many there are voting Green (I already told you why I can't do that) and some are still voting for the Democratic ticket despite Oblowhole.

Our little board is very supportive of diversity, unlike DU which tries to SMASH it by tombstoning people.

jinxmchue
09-19-2008, 02:01 PM

How stupid are these people that they don't realize that?

jinxmchue
09-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Precisely. Exhibit A: your very own Elspeth.:)

You're better off not being a part of the clusterfuck that is DU, Els.

AmPat
09-19-2008, 09:50 PM
LynneSin (1000+ posts) Thu Sep-18-08 10:47 AM
Original message
I've been a member of DU for 7 years and I'm sensing something I haven't seen for 7 years of DU....
Truth?
Sanity?
Intelligence?
Morals?
Common sense?
Kindness?

Wait,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,DU? NEVERMIND!:cool:

Dan D. Doty
09-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Imprisonment, beatings, gulags, "nacht und nebel"; this is the Left's "unity".

No, its future plans for America.

Elspeth
09-19-2008, 11:26 PM
You're better off not being a part of the clusterfuck that is DU, Els.

Yeah, I couldn't vote for this:

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm239/spectral_music/obamaemptysuit.jpg

YupItsMe
09-21-2008, 06:40 PM

SShhhh! Man, it's always the bigwigs that let little things slip. ;)