PDA

View Full Version : No spiking of the ball if court strikes down health law

Janice
06-22-2012, 02:37 AM
http://i.imgur.com/seHcJ.jpg

Boehner: 'No spiking of the ball' if court strikes down health law

Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) warned Republican House members not to to celebrate if the Supreme Court rules against the healthcare law.

"There will be no spiking of the ball," he wrote in a memo to the conference.

"Republicans are focused on the economy … We will not celebrate at a time when millions of our fellow Americans remain out of work."

The memo came after a tense morning when the Supreme Court could have issued its ruling, but did not.

TheHill (http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-reform-implementation/234161-boehner-no-spiking-of-the-ball-if-health-law-falls)

--------------------------------------------------

Anybody remember how Pelosi dug up the biggest gavel she could find, then they all strutted in lock step down the street after forcing this thru behind closed doors? A literal slap in the face of every American.

So Boehner who has no qualms about balling like a little child in public... does everything in his power to appoint RINOs into the chairmanships as quickly as he can and then warns all the newly minted conservatives elected in the midterms to be mum and follow the RINO party line. Now, once again ... he gives the marching orders and probably speaks for all the RINO "leadership".

Thats ok John. We will celebrate for you. Then you can still chum around with your pals, the statists on the other side of the aisle behind closed doors. Or maybe you'll just join the dems and privately lament the whole thing. Yuk it up John, pour yourself another bourbon, shed a tear or two with your buds. Maybe soon, we'll be coming for your seat too.

linda22003
06-22-2012, 11:17 AM
Polling shows that while Americans may not be thrilled with the current law, they DO expect Congress to do something to replace it if it is struck down. It would be a mistake for the GOP to say, "There, that's done", and ignore crafting any other sort of health care reform.

Hubie
06-22-2012, 11:43 AM
When SCOTUS strikes down Obamacare, I say they take that damn cartoonishly large gavel and BURN IT while singing "We Will Overcome."

Gina
06-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Polling shows that while Americans may not be thrilled with the current law, they DO expect Congress to do something to replace it if it is struck down. It would be a mistake for the GOP to say, "There, that's done", and ignore crafting any other sort of health care reform.

Unfortunately, the bipartisanship in DC is pretty much non-existent. Blame whomever you like for that but it's true.

Americans want Congress to do lots of stuff (immigration, health care, making social security/medicare solvent and a plethora of other things) but what are the chances in the current climate any of that will happen?

Bailey
06-22-2012, 12:58 PM
When SCOTUS strikes down Obamacare, I say they take that damn cartoonishly large gavel and BURN IT while singing "We Will Overcome."

I'd like to see it shoved somewhere but I will remain mum

Hubie
06-22-2012, 01:06 PM
I'd like to see it shoved somewhere but I will remain mum

That works, too, because you'd still have to burn it afterwards.

Janice
06-22-2012, 01:34 PM

I agree congress should do something. It should ensure that government removes obstacles and regulations that prohibit free market solutions. States are currently regulated from participating in interstate competition by the federal McCarran-Ferguson Act (1945). And while laws vary from state to state all 50 of them regulate health insurance with variations that can be extensive, especially mandates and/ or required benefits and have done so for decades. If states were instead allowed free-market sales across state lines outside of federal regulations we could all have very similar options that congress itself has always enjoyed (with thousands of alternatives) at very reasonable costs. Unless of course we are prohibited because congress simply deserves cheaper, more affordable alternatives than we do, while we the "rubes" deserve to be shackled to regulatory hell with a boot on our necks.

Obviously the idea that govt can do anything better than the private sector besides national security or that "more govt is the answer" to all our problems is rather odious to me. Esp on the federal level. Unfortunately statists (liberals) in both parties prefer the "boot on the neck" approach as much as they can get it. A little snake oil, a little "cult of personality", a little ignorance or apathy on the part of the citizenry and WALLA ... all of a sudden the "boot on the neck" looks like a godsend!

Bailey
06-22-2012, 01:46 PM
That works, too, because you'd still have to burn it afterwards.

Ya but i bet it'll be more fun to burn it while said activity is going on :D