PDA

View Full Version : Matthews Slimes GOP as Racist for Going After Holder: An 'Ethnic' 'Stop-and-Frisk'

Gina
06-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Link (http://www.mrc.org/biasalerts/matthews-slimes-gop-racist-going-after-holder-ethnic-stop-and-frisk)

Liberal MSNBC anchor Chris Matthews on Tuesday slimed the House GOP investigating Attorney General Eric Holder as racist, insisting that the possible contempt charges over Fast and Furious had an "ethnic" feel.

Using charged, racial imagery, Matthews demonized, "Is this sort of stop-and-frisk at the highest level? Go after the attorney general, get him to empty his pockets, stand in the spotlight."

Video at link.

The Hardball host, who had previously been ignoring the Fast and Furious scandal, changed course and portrayed the whole thing as a bigoted witch hunt. Talking to former San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown, Matthews speculated: "I don't want to start too much forest fire here, but it is my instinct: Is this ethnic, Mr. Mayor?" [MP3 audio here.]

The left-wing journalist weirdly speculated as to Congressman Darell Issa's motives: "If he can humiliate this guy, if he can get to him, he'll be a big star in the Republican caucus. He'll be Dick Nixon."

Congressman Richard Nixon became a "star" in 1948 by exposing communist spy Alger Hiss. Hiss, of course, was very guilty. So, perhaps this is not the best metaphor for Matthews to use.

Showing just how little he had covered Fast and Furious, Matthews asked Wade Henderson of the Leadership Council, "Explain Fast and Furious." His viewers could be forgiven for not knowing anything about it.

Transcript at link.

3rd-try
06-24-2012, 10:49 AM
Matthews is a fuckin' idiot. Anyone who continues to us him as an actual news source is also a fuckin' idiot.
(BTW, I take in equal amounts of Rush and NPR, and Fox and CBS)

Showing just how little he had covered Fast and Furious, Matthews asked Wade Henderson of the Leadership Council, "Explain Fast and Furious." His viewers could be forgiven for not knowing anything about it.

I can't forgive his viewers for being willfully ignorant. Information is out there if you're not scared of learning something.

Yes, it's very obvious how little research he's put into the subject. But, unlike a serious journalist Matthews feels justified in making racist accusations. Who needs facts and detais? Certainly Chris Matthews doesn't.

Hey Chris!!!!! STFU until you study the subject. And when you do and come to your predictable LW conclusion of a racist witch hunt, ask yourself why the DOJ doesn't just turn over the requested documents. I mean if your guy is as clean as you no doubt say, think of the humiliation these RW hacks would endure.... It would really help Obama's reelection too! Isn't that what you want?

Odysseus
06-24-2012, 12:35 PM
That tingling in his leg must have been the first signs of a loss of blood to his brain.

The race card is now so overplayed that it's lost all meaning. The definition of a racist is now anyone who disagrees with a liberal for any reason.

Chuck58
06-24-2012, 02:39 PM
They're out of ammo, so trying to bring back the magic of 2008 again. It won't happen.

The obama campaign in 2008 was running against somebody who never should have been. If not for Palin, 2008 would have been a massacre. This time, they're facing somebody who has them on defense rather than in attack mode. The obama campaign, from all appearances, isn't using to defense.

The race card won't play. If it was valid, why is obama in the White House? A lot of the 'white guilt' types who voted for him in 2008, don't feel guilty any more.

Hubie
06-25-2012, 01:29 AM
If I ever met him, I might be tempted to punch him in his wide-mouthed bass-like lips and ask, "Did that have an 'ethnic feel,' jackass?"

Wibbins
06-25-2012, 12:04 PM
They're out of ammo, so trying to bring back the magic of 2008 again. It won't happen.

The obama campaign in 2008 was running against somebody who never should have been. If not for Palin, 2008 would have been a massacre. This time, they're facing somebody who has them on defense rather than in attack mode. The obama campaign, from all appearances, isn't using to defense.

The race card won't play. If it was valid, why is obama in the White House? A lot of the 'white guilt' types who voted for him in 2008, don't feel guilty any more.

A lot of ignorant teens voted for his seductive speeches, now they're grown up a little more and have realized he was lying out of his ass, plus they're tired of being called racist because they're white