PDA

View Full Version : The Stealing of the 2000 Presidential Election

SarasotaRepub
06-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Wow!!! I've never seen this explained before (http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002845053)!!!! :sarcasm:

Fri Jun 22, 2012, 08:02 PM
Time for change

The Stealing of the 2000 Presidential Election

I'm currently working with a publisher, Biting Duck Press, to publish a book (title as yet undetermined) on the corruption in our election system. We intend to have it published prior to the November election, and hope that it will help to make Americans more vigilant and concerned about the way our elections are run. I’ve drafted most of the book. I am currently intending to post large portions of it on DU, in the hope of stimulating discussion and obtaining useful feedback. I’ll start with a portion of the first chapter:

THE STEALING OF THE 2000 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION

Going into Election Day 2000, the Presidential election between Al Gore and George W. Bush was judged to be very close. Three battleground states with early closing times – Florida, Pennsylvania, and Michigan – were polling very close and held the key to victory. Pundits had been saying that if either candidate won all three of them, that would be the ball game.

Election Day 2000

Florida initially looked very promising for Gore. Turnout appeared to be very high, especially in African-American and other Democratic areas. Florida was called for Gore early in the evening, beginning at 7:52 p.m., less than an hour after their polls closed. Then the Pennsylvania polls closed, and the election there was said to be too close to call. Shortly after that, the Michigan polls closed and Michigan was immediately called for Gore. An hour or so later, Pennsylvania was called for Gore. With the polls yet to close in the western states, the election appeared to be virtually over, with a victory for Gore.

But then, in a very rare reversal of a network call, starting at 10:13 p.m., the networks took Florida out of the Gore column and called it “too close to call”. Not long after that, it became evident that the winner of Florida would win the election. Then, at 2:16 a.m. Wednesday morning, the networks began calling Florida for Bush. At 2:30 a.m. Gore phoned Bush to concede Florida and the national election. It was at that point that I went to bed.

It goes on and on and on and :sleeping:

And this is just the beginning!!! Hmmmmm...what year is it again???

Chuck58
06-22-2012, 09:27 PM
And Bush won Tennessee by about 4%, Gore's home state which would have given Gore the election. They always forget that little fact.

Rockntractor
06-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Biting Duck Press, your place for truth!http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/asile/gaga.gif

SarasotaRepub
06-22-2012, 09:36 PM
And Bush won Tennessee by about 4%, Gore's home state which would have given Gore the election. They always forget that little fact.

Oh they know it, they just don't WANT to admit it.:redface:

Wibbins
06-22-2012, 10:03 PM
That moment when you're thankful Gore didn't have the presidency to implement his "green energy" policies, of which he has amassed like $100 million or so :evil-grin:

Seriously though, can someone tell me what happened in florida? I was only 10 at the time =/

Apocalypse
06-22-2012, 10:08 PM
Biting Duck Press, your place for truth!http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/asile/gaga.gif

I checked out their site.

Their a start-up (2012) E-Book company.

They state, they are low cost. My guess. $1000 you too could get your book online too.

Hubie
06-23-2012, 12:15 AM
That moment when you're thankful Gore didn't have the presidency to implement his "green energy" policies, of which he has amassed like $100 million or so :evil-grin:

Seriously though, can someone tell me what happened in florida? I was only 10 at the time =/

Short version: crappy Democrat-handled voting procedures.

Little bit longer version: Democrats in heavily Democrat counties had idiotic punchcard ballots that confused Democrat voters. The punchcards tended to have "hanging chads," which were the little pieces of paper that were punched out if they were still attached to the ballot. When the Florida election changed to "too close to call" and then to "Bush won," the Democrats started looking for ways to get more votes in Gore's column. They targeted these Democrat counties and ONLY these Democrat counties in order to find votes. They kicked out absentee ballots (like those of soldiers in Iraq) on any flimsy complaint they could because it's a long-standing fact that absentee ballots tend to favor Republicans. Then they went after these punchcard ballots. They complained that because of this confusion, people voted for other candidates than Gore. They started a rather intense and very, very convoluted examination of the ballots, which led to scenes like this:

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/files/original/florida_hanging_chad_recount.jpg

Oy.

Anyway, Republicans started fighting back legally when it became clear that the Democrats were cheating and changing the way the "intent of the voters" was determined on the ballots. Eventually, the state Supreme Court, which was in the Democrats corner, tried to intervene a few times in order for Gore to come out the winner, but the Republicans took the issue to the U.S. Supreme Court which, while still in the Democrats corner, made the right call and stopped the unfair ballot counting. With no further recourse to dishonestly muster up more votes, the Democrats had to finally admit defeat, though they did so by claiming that "Bush stole the election."

NJCardFan
06-23-2012, 01:30 AM

Let me give you an example of what facts are to liberals:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fap9eolzmU8/TH-4cZby03I/AAAAAAAAGV8/LXnhdebsMqw/s1600/kingcobra.jpg

They kicked out absentee ballots (like those of soldiers in Iraq)

We weren't in Iraq in 2000.

Hubie
06-23-2012, 01:35 AM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fap9eolzmU8/TH-4cZby03I/AAAAAAAAGV8/LXnhdebsMqw/s1600/kingcobra.jpg

Riki-Tiki Tavi! :biggrin-new:

Wibbins
06-23-2012, 11:52 AM

We weren't in Iraq in 2000.

We weren't in Iraq in 2000, but we do have soldiers stationed overseas which would still be absentee ballots.

@hubie, awesome thanks, I didn't know what the fuss was all about back then, glad the SCOTUS ruled correctly.

NJCardFan
06-23-2012, 12:59 PM
We weren't in Iraq in 2000, but we do have soldiers stationed overseas which would still be absentee ballots.

@hubie, awesome thanks, I didn't know what the fuss was all about back then, glad the SCOTUS ruled correctly.

Being that I have 30 years on you I'm well aware that we have soldiers all over the world who would vote via absentee ballot. .

Hubie
06-23-2012, 08:05 PM

Oh, shoot. Of course, you're absolutely right. I conflated the events in a pretty bad "Durr!" moment while quickly typing all that out. Thankfully, that's not an important detail in light of the fact that Democrats made it their goal to disenfranchise thousands and thousands of absentee voters -- in particular, overseas military personnel. They did everything they could to scare up votes for Gore in heavily Democrat counties under the guise of preventing voter disenfranchisement, but when it came to Republican-favoring absentee ballots, they hypocritically used every technicality they could about any ballot to try to get as many of them as they could thrown out.

And then Gore apologists come up with b.s. like this:

http://imai.princeton.edu/research/ballots.html

Retread
06-23-2012, 09:42 PM
One other note that seldom gets mentioned is the instructions on the Fla ballot as well as on the Texas ballot when we had this type of cards.
"Chads must be completely removed from the ballot for the vote to be counted."
Every 'hanging chad' and 'dimpled chad' counted was a violation of Fla voting laws.

Gina
06-24-2012, 12:14 AM
They kicked out absentee ballots (like those of soldiers in Iraq)
Just a sidebar: My son's unit didn't get ballots in time in '04. No votes were sent in or counted. :apologetic:

SarasotaRepub
06-24-2012, 07:50 AM
One other note that seldom gets mentioned is the instructions on the Fla ballot as well as on the Texas ballot when we had this type of cards.
Every 'hanging chad' and 'dimpled chad' counted was a violation of Fla voting laws.

Yep. And a big reason for the retarded "Chad" problem in South Florida (controlled by the Dems) was the machines had not been emptied in years...:rolleyes:

Face it DUmmies, Gore was such a putz it's a good thing he wasn't elected. The jerk couldn't even win his home state.

FDK
06-24-2012, 08:12 AM
This has legs. Bush is toast. He'll be impeached for sure now.

Teetop
06-24-2012, 11:01 AM
This has legs. Bush is toast. He'll be impeached for sure now.

24 or 48 business hours? :evil-grin:

Teetop
06-24-2012, 11:06 AM
I keep getting the mental pic of Lucy, Charlie Brown and the kick-off.....

Retread
06-24-2012, 08:24 PM
24 or 48 business hours? :evil-grin:

Look who's online!!!! Go man, go!

Hubie
06-25-2012, 01:36 AM

And that's exactly what did the Democrats in. Every single time they counted the votes, they kept changing the way the ballots were counted in order to find more votes for Gore. SCOTUS did all they could to not have to make a direct ruling on the matter, but the Democrats forced their hand. End result: Democrats cooked their own goose.

NJCardFan
06-25-2012, 02:43 AM
Oh, shoot. Of course, you're absolutely right. I conflated the events in a pretty bad "Durr!" moment while quickly typing all that out. Thankfully, that's not an important detail in light of the fact that Democrats made it their goal to disenfranchise thousands and thousands of absentee voters -- in particular, overseas military personnel. They did everything they could to scare up votes for Gore in heavily Democrat counties under the guise of preventing voter disenfranchisement, but when it came to Republican-favoring absentee ballots, they hypocritically used every technicality they could about any ballot to try to get as many of them as they could thrown out.

And then Gore apologists come up with b.s. like this:

http://imai.princeton.edu/research/ballots.html

After the election, the New York Times conducted a six-month investigation and found that 680 of the overseas absentee ballots were illegally counted, and almost no one has publicly disagreed with their assessment.
That's because it was full of shit.

michaelsean
06-25-2012, 02:32 PM
russspeakeasy (3,640 posts)
1. I hope you are prepared for success.

Congratulations and I look forward to your next post.

:rotfl: Yup your life will never be the same. The fame and loss of anonimity can be too much for some.

Molon Labe
06-25-2012, 03:06 PM
One thing I'll never understand about Liberals crying about the 2000 election is why did Al Gore call Bush and concede the election if he felt their was Tomfoolery about?