PDA

View Full Version : Marco Rubio REALLY Gets It On The Abortion Issue

mike128
06-24-2012, 11:29 AM
Just watch ALL THREE parts of Marco Rubio's speech to the Susan B. Anthony List's 5th annual Campaign for Life Gala in Washington, D.C. Here's a direct link to ALL 3 clips:

From LifeNews.com
http://www.lifenews.com/2012/02/03/marco-rubio-gives-amazingly-powerful-pro-life-speech/

NONE of these three videos require Flash. So don't even give me that lame-ass excuse! Please DO NOT reply to this thread unless you have watched all 3 segments in their entirety.

The only problem I have with Marco Rubio now is his gay rights stance.
Here's the link (Read Paragraph 3):

From Christianity Today
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2012/july-august/marco-rubio-faith-of-many-colors.html?start=2

So I guess I'm still going to have to wait and see.

NJCardFan
06-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Hey troll, why do you put this here? Oh, and by the way...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sDy3RsTYVRY/Twbv0HYqGFI/AAAAAAAAEfQ/5U15Em3LC_g/s640/beating+a+dead+horse

mike128
06-24-2012, 11:40 AM
Hey troll, why do you put this here? Oh, and by the way...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sDy3RsTYVRY/Twbv0HYqGFI/AAAAAAAAEfQ/5U15Em3LC_g/s640/beating+a+dead+horse
OK, so to satisfy your sorry ass, I have to worship unlimited abortion on demand, as long as the end goal is smaller government and tax cuts, right?? :rolleyes: You are as phony as they come!

Rockntractor
06-24-2012, 11:41 AM
I'm a little confused as to where Mr. Rubio stands on immigration.

mike128
06-24-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm a little confused as to where Mr. Rubio stands on immigration.
So am I, unfortunately. :apologetic: This issue is ALSO a social issue. And it greatly concerns me.

Rockntractor
06-24-2012, 12:23 PM
So am I, unfortunately. :apologetic: This issue is ALSO a social issue. And it greatly concerns me.

An economic issue as well, these people directly compete with me for work.

NJCardFan
06-24-2012, 01:10 PM
OK, so to satisfy your sorry ass, I have to worship unlimited abortion on demand, as long as the end goal is smaller government and tax cuts, right?? :rolleyes: You are as phony as they come!

I have over 10,000 posts here, every one of which you can look up here so it may take a while but please go and find where I said anywhere that I am for abortion. I'll save you the trouble. You won't. You are an asshole to the highest degree. Worse yet, you're a whiner and a douchebag. You call me phony yet you supported Jerry Brown as governor of California. I, however, have never, ever supported a democrat. EVER. EVER. Now, if you want to debate who is a true conservative, I invite you to the Dome. If you're man enough, meet me there. I'll even allow you to start the thread. If you don't, then you have to start a thread admitting that you are a troll and a punk. I'll be home from work at 10:15pm and if I don't see a challenge from you in the dome then we all will know that you are a coward. See you then but I won't hold my breath.

Odysseus
06-24-2012, 01:18 PM

Economic issues are social issues. A government that seeks to intrude on the economic life of the people will invariably intrude on the social life. A government that cannot fund abortion on demand, welfare (which is one of the driving factors of illegal immigration), educational curricula or any of the other unconstitutional programs that ours does find far fewer opportunities to undermine the nation's morals.

Chuck58
06-24-2012, 02:08 PM
I can understand Rubio's stand on immigration. Today, I watched an episode of Border Wars on Nat Geo channel.

They'd caught a woman trying to come into this country. Her parents brought her here when she was 5 yrs old. She grew up in America, went to school in America, got married to an American and had a kid. She incorrectly assumed all was okay.

She found out things weren't okay when she went to get a job. So, she contacted an attorney. The lawyer told her to go back to Mexico, go the American Consulate and get a visa, and then she could return and all would be all right. She did as he said and discovered that it didn't work that way. She was put on a list and her turn might be a year or more away.

She missed her 2 yr old child and her husband, so tried to sneak in and was caught. Now, she can't try to do it legally for 3 yrs.

I don't know if there's a real answer to the above. She tried to become legal the right way, even spent money on a lawyer for advice. Even the Border Patrolman who interviewed her was getting emotional listening to her. He said it was a sad situation, but he had a job to do.

So, a 28 yr old woman who spent her life in America from the age of 5, has almost no recollection of Mexico and can barely speak Spanish, and tried to become legal the honest way (initially) is trapped in a country she doesn't know.

ThinkingBig
06-24-2012, 04:44 PM
Just watch ALL THREE parts of Marco Rubio's speech to the Susan B. Anthony List's 5th annual Campaign for Life Gala in Washington, D.C. Here's a direct link to ALL 3 clips:

From LifeNews.com
http://www.lifenews.com/2012/02/03/marco-rubio-gives-amazingly-powerful-pro-life-speech/

NONE of these three videos require Flash. So don't even give me that lame-ass excuse! Please DO NOT reply to this thread unless you have watched all 3 segments in their entirety.

The only problem I have with Marco Rubio now is his gay rights stance.
Here's the link (Read Paragraph 3):

From Christianity Today
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2012/july-august/marco-rubio-faith-of-many-colors.html?start=2

"Traditional marriage" as we see it today, is less than 200 years old--meaning women/girls having a say in who they marry. In fact, blacks being able to marry whites is less than 50 years old.

The word 'wife' in the bible refers to an underage girl sold by her father as part of trade. Women (wives) were chattel in the bible. So when a preacher or reverend or priest starts talking about 5000 years of 'tradition' they are talking out of their ass.

I still don't understand how conservative Christians can see homosexuality as a sin while eating shrimp cocktails, wearing nylon, or marrying outside of their tribe. All of those things are abominations according to the old testament -- all equally bad according to the traditions of the nomadic tribes. So how do modern christians reconcile cherry picking which rules to follow and which one's to ignore?

The bible had quite few rules regarding the treatment of slaves. Why aren't those being taught at the mega-Churches?

Rubio seems very intelligent and articulate.

FlaGator
06-24-2012, 06:21 PM
"Traditional marriage" as we see it today, is less than 200 years old--meaning women/girls having a say in who they marry. In fact, blacks being able to marry whites is less than 50 years old.

The word 'wife' in the bible refers to an underage girl sold by her father as part of trade. Women (wives) were chattel in the bible. So when a preacher or reverend or priest starts talking about 5000 years of 'tradition' they are talking out of their ass.

I still don't understand how conservative Christians can see homosexuality as a sin while eating shrimp cocktails, wearing nylon, or marrying outside of their tribe. All of those things are abominations according to the old testament -- all equally bad according to the traditions of the nomadic tribes. So how do modern christians reconcile cherry picking which rules to follow and which one's to ignore?

The bible had quite few rules regarding the treatment of slaves. Why aren't those being taught at the mega-Churches?

Rubio seems very intelligent and articulate.

For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.
Genesis 2:24

Eve had no father to sell her to Adam.

Here you falsely represent (either intentionally or by ignorance) what the Bible says about marriage. It does not state or consecrate the method or circumstances that brought a man and a woman together. It only defines that relationship between a man and a women after they have been joined.

As for the "shellfish" argument as it is called, again you lack understanding of the Bible, the laws of Leviticus are divided in to those that are moral, social and ceremonial. The ceremonial laws defined how the Hebrews as a people were to worship. The social laws where meant to separate the Hebrews from the nations that they lived amongst. The ban on eating of shellfish and animals with cloven hoofs, that didn't chew their cud were social laws. These laws (ceremonial and social) were set aside when Christ opened the door for non Jews to become part of the chosen people.

The moral laws have never changed. Homosexuality is banned by the moral laws. If you take a closer look at Leviticus 18

21 “‘Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molech, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the Lord.

22 “‘Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.
23 “‘Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion

You see the ban on homosexuality is snugly nestled between the ban on child sacrifice and the ban on bestiality. To apply your logic to scripture then you would have to agree that child sacrifice and bestiality are OK because Christians eat shellfish.

NJCardFan
06-24-2012, 10:57 PM
I just like to point out that I called Idiot123 or whatever his name is and he chickened out.

Zathras
06-25-2012, 12:02 AM
http://ganjataz.com/general-bollocks/images/by-GT/forum-shitz/attentionwhore.jpg

Fixed for accuracy.

Retread
06-25-2012, 12:22 AM

Not really - you can leave now and disappear. We'll all know you for the troll, coward and fraud you are but you will never have to read about it again.

mike128
06-25-2012, 12:46 AM
You're abslolutely right, Rock. Illegal immigration is definitely an economic issue. Even Rick Santorum pointed out the direct link between strong two parent families and a healthy economy. But I strongly disagree with those who say we need to "call a truce" on the social issues and work on the economy first. So long as American culture continues to deteriorate, the economy will continue to tank along with it.

Chuck58
06-25-2012, 12:51 AM
You're abslolutely right, Rock. Illegal immigration is definitely an economic issue. Even Rick Santorum pointed out the direct link between strong two parent families and a healthy economy. But I strongly disagree with those who say we need to "call a truce" on the social issues and work on the economy first. So long as American culture continues to deteriorate, the economy will continue to tank along with it.

You have a message in the Thunderdome.

mike128
06-25-2012, 12:53 AM
Economic issues are social issues. A government that seeks to intrude on the economic life of the people will invariably intrude on the social life. A government that cannot fund abortion on demand, welfare (which is one of the driving factors of illegal immigration), educational curricula or any of the other unconstitutional programs that ours does find far fewer opportunities to undermine the nation's morals.
I agree, Odysseus. Our government is far too big and needs to be drastically cut. Unless it involves saving innocent lives, like with stopping abortion, the federal government has no business telling us what to teach our kids, what kinds of lightbulbs we can buy, what sodas we can not drink, etc.

Chuck58
06-25-2012, 12:56 AM
I agree, Odysseus. Our government is far too big and needs to be drastically cut. Unless it involves saving innocent lives, like with stopping abortion, the federal government has no business telling us what to teach our kids, what kinds of lightbulbs we can buy, what sodas we can not drink, etc.

Check the post to you in the Thunderdome.

mike128
06-25-2012, 12:59 AM
So, a 28 yr old woman who spent her life in America from the age of 5, has almost no recollection of Mexico and can barely speak Spanish, and tried to become legal the honest way (initially) is trapped in a country she doesn't know.
The US immigration process needs to be fixed. Although I really feel bad for that 28 yr old woman, granting amnesty to anyone who broke the law only encourages more illegal immigration. Amnesty for illegals always sends the wrong message. Let's fix the immigration process if that's what's broken.

Rockntractor
06-25-2012, 01:07 AM

How does you helping Obama to win another term fit into all this?

Chuck58
06-25-2012, 01:07 AM
The US immigration process needs to be fixed. Although I really feel bad for that 28 yr old woman, granting amnesty to anyone who broke the law only encourages more illegal immigration. Amnesty for illegals always sends the wrong message. Let's fix the immigration process if that's what's broken.

That's what Rubio was saying. The woman in question and thousands like her had no say in coming over. I've heard of some who were brought over as babies and knew nothing but America.

Just as the Border Patrolman said, though, his job is to enforce the law even though it hurt in that case.

I don't know if there is a fair way to resolve it, considering there are tens upon tens of thousand people waiting for their turn to come in legally.

Generation Why?
06-25-2012, 07:20 PM

At first I thought this said "for fork". Might have been the whole Latino no-silverware story paired with immigration sending signals to my head. With that said, I do believe I am beating them in the enterprise of collecting silverware. And Mike once again is here to annoy us all.

Odysseus
06-25-2012, 07:30 PM

If you agree with my point, then you need to ask yourself the critical question, which is which candidate will reduce, if not the size of the federal behemoth, then at least the rate of growth? Obama has added $5 Trillion in debt in three years. Romney reigned in spending in Massachusetts. There's your choice. Everything else is posturing.

mike128
06-26-2012, 10:47 AM
If you agree with my point, then you need to ask yourself the critical question, which is which candidate will reduce, if not the size of the federal behemoth, then at least the rate of growth? Obama has added $5 Trillion in debt in three years. Romney reigned in spending in Massachusetts. There's your choice. Everything else is posturing.
Flip Romney will do NOTHING to stop abortion. Stopping the killing of children at a rate of 1.6 million+ per year matters more to me than cutting the national debt! Those "fiscal conservatives" that tell me that I have "nowhere else to go" can go straight to hell! I am a SOCIAL conservative. I focus on SOCIAL issues when I vote! Although I agree with your point, the SOCIAL issues trump all fiscal issues when I vote.

Romney has yet to reach out to social conservatives, like myself. So I REFUSE to kiss his ass on Election Day, if he refuses to address MY issues.

It's really that simple.

Rockntractor
06-26-2012, 11:01 AM
So I REFUSE to kiss his ass on Election Day, if he refuses to address MY issues.

It's really that simple.

Confucius say " Tis better to kiss live ass than beat dead horse"

or something like that.

txradioguy
06-26-2012, 11:05 AM
So I REFUSE to kiss his ass on Election Day, if he refuses to address MY issues.

It's really that simple.

And the Obama/Biden 2012 re-election campaign thanks you for your whole hearted and complete support.

Seriously...are you REALLY that fucking dense? Is your little ego so fragile and delicate that just so YOU can set there in self righteous indignation...you'd let Obama win again instead of vote him out by voting for Romney?

If your answer is anywhere close to yes...you're a bigger narsasisstic egomaniac than what we've got sitting in the White House right now.

Zathras
06-26-2012, 11:52 AM
Flip Romney will do NOTHING to stop abortion. Stopping the killing of children at a rate of 1.6 million+ per year matters more to me than cutting the national debt! Those "fiscal conservatives" that tell me that I have "nowhere else to go" can go straight to hell! I am a SOCIAL conservative. I focus on SOCIAL issues when I vote! Although I agree with your point, the SOCIAL issues trump all fiscal issues when I vote.

Romney has yet to reach out to social conservatives, like myself. So I REFUSE to kiss his ass on Election Day, if he refuses to address MY issues.

It's really that simple.

Yawn...yet more lies and fake bluster from CU's faux conservative trolling coward. All you're doing is showing just what a child you are with your little, self important temper tantrum that you continually throw here with your obsessive hatred of Romney. You're also proving just how selfish you really are, not giving a damn about America's future with your one trick pony take on politics. There are more important issues in this election than abortion. The economy, jobs, national security, Obamacare and the ever increasing national debt need to be dealt with before the issue you think is so damned important because, without dealing with them, abortion will not be curtailed. In fact, under Obamacare, you can bet abortion will be expanded. Too bad you're just so damned stupid that you can't see these simple facts.

Oh and before i go......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/HeroesAtWork/deadhorse.jpg

Odysseus
06-26-2012, 12:59 PM

It's really that simple.

No, it's that simplistic. As I keep trying to tell you, a fiscal conservative will do more to restore American values and morals than a free-spending social conservative who talks a good fight, but doesn't starve the beast. You keep defaulting to these infantile rants whenever you're confronted with the logical conclusions of your position, but I guess that logic isn't your strong suit.

Romney has reached out to social conservatives. He as unequivocably stated that he is pro-life, and acknowledged that he wasn't always. What he hasn't done is prostrated himself before you, and I highly doubt that he will, as he doesn't know where your parents keep you locked up.

Romney's conversion parallels that of another former governor who, let's recall, signed the most liberal abortion law in the country when he ran California, but was a staunch pro-lifer in the White House. I suppose that if this were 1980, we'd be subjected to sad rants about how Reagan isn't a true conservative.

And the Obama/Biden 2012 re-election campaign thanks you for your whole hearted and complete support.

Seriously...are you REALLY that fucking dense? Is your little ego so fragile and delicate that just so YOU can set there in self righteous indignation...you'd let Obama win again instead of vote him out by voting for Romney?

If your answer is anywhere close to yes...you're a bigger narsasisstic egomaniac than what we've got sitting in the White House right now.

Yeah, he's that dense.

NJCardFan
06-26-2012, 01:09 PM

It's really that simple.

http://knuckleballsblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/coward.jpg

txradioguy
06-26-2012, 02:06 PM
Yeah, he's that dense.

I was afraid of that.