PDA

View Full Version : Articulate Ape

creepingdeath
06-25-2012, 10:42 AM
Hey folks, I'm not much of a CU'er these days, but I do know AA from another forum. Just wanted to drop a line and let you know that the Ape has been hospitalized over the past week or two, and has been in CCU most of the time. He was very, very ill for a little while, and was "touch and go".

He appears to be making some recovery. Please keep him and his very worried family in your thoughts.

Thanks,

Cthulhu.

ABC in Georgia
06-25-2012, 11:04 AM
Oh dear Lord, no!

Thanks for the info. Will pray every night for him and his family ... til he gets back in here!

Hang in there AA! You can do it!

~ABC :love_heart:

noonwitch
06-25-2012, 11:13 AM
He's in my prayers.

I like Ape's sense of humor.

linda22003
06-25-2012, 11:29 AM
I like his humor too, and look forward to having it back! Please keep us informed.

Janice
06-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Prayers up for his safe and speedy return! Thanks for the heads up.

Molon Labe
06-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Gosh...sorry to hear he's out ill.

Prayers for him and his family.

Rockntractor
06-25-2012, 01:38 PM
I hope he gets to feeling better.

ABC in Georgia
06-25-2012, 01:55 PM
He was very, very ill for a little while, and was "touch and go".

He appears to be making some ??? recovery.

Please, if you can, tell us what is wrong with him.

~ ABC

SarasotaRepub
06-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Hey folks, I'm not much of a CU'er these days, but I do know AA from another forum. Just wanted to drop a line and let you know that the Ape has been hospitalized over the past week or two, and has been in CCU most of the time. He was very, very ill for a little while, and was "touch and go".

He appears to be making some recovery. Please keep him and his very worried family in your thoughts.

Thanks,

Cthulhu.

Thanks for letting us know!!! Get well AA!!!

bijou
06-25-2012, 03:53 PM
Thanks for letting us know. Get well soon Ape, will say a prayer for a speedy recovery.

FlaGator
06-25-2012, 04:05 PM
He is in my prayers.

Gina
06-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Thanks for letting us know. God bless him and his family.

Retread
06-25-2012, 07:16 PM
God bless you AA - get back here. We miss you.

JB
06-25-2012, 08:31 PM
Get well soon AA. Peace to your family.

fettpett
06-25-2012, 10:26 PM
prayers with the monkey man. glad to hear he's doing better

creepingdeath
06-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Please, if you can, tell us what is wrong with him.

~ ABC

Severe acute pancreatitis. Ventilators, surgeries, and such.

Latest word is that he is continuing to improve.

ABC in Georgia
06-26-2012, 11:50 AM

Thanks for coming back in ... much appreciated!

~ ABC

obx
06-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Get well soon Ape. We miss you here.

SaintLouieWoman
06-26-2012, 09:48 PM

Poor Ape, have heard how painful it is. So glad he's improving and thanks so much for letting us know. We were wondering when he hadn't posted, but assumed that maybe he was on vacation. Some vacation.

Prayers coming for your speedy recovery and looking forward to seeing you on the board soon.

I know this might be a bit too lib, but what the heck. :hug: Lots of hugs coming Ape's way from all of us.

ABC in Georgia
06-26-2012, 10:04 PM
I know this might be a bit too lib, but what the heck. :hug: Lots of hugs coming Ape's way from all of us.

"What the heck" is right, SLW!

Put in a few more of them thar HUGS woman! :smile-new:

He is worth it!

~ ABC

SaintLouieWoman
06-28-2012, 11:31 PM

Have you heard anything else on how Ape is doing and when he'll be home? Tell him we're all pulling for him and miss him.

RobJohnson
06-29-2012, 04:27 AM
I hope his health continues to improve.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6s2Jip-sgN-8zTBw-nqS9I9xx2oxNyoXPGg_uzdTmkixRM9ykKw3uo5l4Xw

Rockntractor
06-29-2012, 09:44 AM

Ape was still browsing until the 24th, the day before you posted this, I wonder why he didn't tell us?

JB
06-29-2012, 01:44 PM
Ape was still browsing until the 24th, the day before you posted this, I wonder why he didn't tell us?I was going to throw up a mod alert on this very thing. I saw AA logged on recently. Then news of how sick he is. I thought maybe his account had been compromised and someone could put a lock on it and then email him about it. Weird.

Starbuck
06-29-2012, 03:42 PM
I did some reading about severe pancreatitis. Evidently you go from being "not so good" to "real bad" very quickly.

The Ape never is one to complain.

Best wishes to you, friend......:smile-new:

Odysseus
06-29-2012, 11:21 PM
I'm glad that he's doing better.
Please let him know that we are all pulling for him.

Rockntractor
07-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Hope you're still getting better monkey man.

SaintLouieWoman
07-04-2012, 11:41 PM
We miss his remarks on the board and miss his competition in the CU Trivia tourney (See the link in the sticky in the lounge). SR tried calling him today on Skype, but couldn't get in touch.

Get better, Ape, and hurry back. You're missed here.

AmPat
07-09-2012, 12:16 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/vz1c0.jpg
Did humans do this to you?

Rockntractor
07-09-2012, 12:24 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/vz1c0.jpg
Did humans do this to you?

I told him the job at the new product testing lab would catch up with him, smoking 48 packs of cigarettes in one sitting while wearing underwear containing an experimental dye is just not healthy no matter what it pays!

Get your ass back here Ape!!

creepingdeath
07-18-2012, 08:25 PM
I have been out of town, without a pc. Sadly, the update is not positive. His condition has been downgraded to "grave". He has been moved to a new hospital, and they keep removing the bad parts. He is missing a pancreas, and quite a bit of intestine. His wife is hoping for a sufficient period of lucidity that she may find out if he wishes to continue treatment.

Please keep the Ape in your thoughts.

~cd

JB
07-18-2012, 08:42 PM
Damn.

SarasotaRepub
07-18-2012, 09:04 PM
Shit.

I had a bad feeling...

Retread
07-18-2012, 10:15 PM
Damn.

Ditto.

Odysseus
07-18-2012, 10:19 PM
Damn pretty much says it. Please let him know that he is in our thoughts.

SaintLouieWoman
07-18-2012, 10:19 PM
Thanks so much for the update, Creeping Death, but not the one that we wanted to hear. If you can get a message to the family, please tell them how concerned that we are. SR and I talked to him many times on Skype and considered him a good friend. He was very kind and supportive through SR's medical problems last year (mine, too). We're in a state of shock as he had said that he wasn't feeling well once in a while, but never indicated that it was anything serious. It's tough to think that two relatively young men, both in their early 50's (SR and Ape are about the same age) had come up with such medical problems.

He used to kid me all the time about banning him. That's one of my biggest regrets, a stupid mistake. He's a good man and hope that he beats this thing. Maybe it's a good thing that they're moving him to another hospital, hopefully one with more expertise. But you'd think in the NY/NJ area they'd have excellent hospitals. I know he's a fighter and will beat this thing.

linda22003
07-19-2012, 09:24 AM
Dreadful news. :blue:

ABC in Georgia
07-19-2012, 09:51 PM
Oh Mercy!

Such horrible, horrible news!

~ ABC

Apache
07-19-2012, 10:34 PM
Please Ape, come back...

Don't go to the light...yet :evil-grin:

You're in my prayers man :smile-new:

Odysseus
07-19-2012, 10:53 PM
http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/chillin-monkey-kicking-back-ape-12653316813.jpg

He's the coolest primate ever. Get well soon, bro.

AmPat
07-21-2012, 12:06 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/2w2ehrk.jpg
Wondering if there is any update on our favorite primate?

ABC in Georgia
07-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Come on AA ...

Am praying for you and appealing to you at the same time.

Hang in there and get better even if slowly but surely.

We miss you and your sense of humor in here, and this crazy old world in which we live these days ... needs more like *you * in it!

~ ABC :love_heart::love_heart::love_heart:

RobJohnson
07-24-2012, 03:25 AM
I have been out of town, without a pc. Sadly, the update is not positive. His condition has been downgraded to "grave". He has been moved to a new hospital, and they keep removing the bad parts. He is missing a pancreas, and quite a bit of intestine. His wife is hoping for a sufficient period of lucidity that she may find out if he wishes to continue treatment.

Please keep the Ape in your thoughts.

~cd

My gosh. I hope he pulls through. Praying for him, his wife, family & friends.

namvet
07-26-2012, 09:39 PM
sure hope he pulls through. he's in our thoughts and payers

SaintLouieWoman
08-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Do we have any members who are on other boards where Ape might have posted? I've been waiting for Creeping Death to return and give us some news, but he hasn't been on here for weeks. We're getting very worried about Ape and hope someone has some good news for everyone about his recovery.

Please post if you know anything.

Rockntractor
08-01-2012, 10:18 PM
The only other board I know of that ape posts on rely on this thread for their information.

Gina
08-02-2012, 01:19 PM
A question about creeping death's post... how do you go on without a pancreas?

Zeus
08-02-2012, 02:03 PM

To live without a pancreas, patients must take pancreatic-enzyme supplements to be able to eat and insulin to regulate blood-sugar levels. These medications must be taken as prescribed---and for the rest of the lives of those without a pancreas.

Read more:What Is it Like Living Without a Pancreas? (http://www.ehow.com/about_6595094_like-living-pancreas_.html#ixzz22PfWriiE)

Gina
08-02-2012, 02:05 PM

Goozeusgle is so helpful. :smile-new:
ty!

Starbuck
08-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Surprised me. I didn't think anyone could live without a pancreas. But seeing as they can, it makes me wonder why pancreatic cancer is so deadly.
Seems like it would be treated like certain forms of prostate cancer in that once it has been diagnosed then out it comes.
Pancreatitis is another thing, and if I understand properly, poisons the entire body by sending digestive juices everywhere.

Medical science is truly amazing. We are lucky to know The Ape, and he is lucky to be an American.

Grab Ahold, Ape!.......we'll all pull together!:smile-new:

noonwitch
08-02-2012, 04:16 PM

My mom had a friend who was born without a pancreas. She didn't live the long life most of us do, but she did live well into her 60s, and had a couple of kids. She was treated as an extremely brittle diabetic, and was receiving insulin shots since her initial diagnosis as an infant.

Unfortunately, her body began to break down the way diabetics bodies tend to do, she just started that process earlier than most diabetics. In her case, it was her vision and her kidneys that went first, and she underwent dialysis. Eventually that didn't work.

But that was a while ago, and medical science always seems to be making progress. Ape hasn't lived his entire life without a pancreas, so hopefully the damage to other organs is minimal.

namvet
08-02-2012, 07:09 PM
My mom had a friend who was born without a pancreas. She didn't live the long life most of us do, but she did live well into her 60s, and had a couple of kids. She was treated as an extremely brittle diabetic, and was receiving insulin shots since her initial diagnosis as an infant.

Unfortunately, her body began to break down the way diabetics bodies tend to do, she just started that process earlier than most diabetics. In her case, it was her vision and her kidneys that went first, and she underwent dialysis. Eventually that didn't work.

But that was a while ago, and medical science always seems to be making progress. Ape hasn't lived his entire life without a pancreas, so hopefully the damage to other organs is minimal.

bump

ABC in Georgia
08-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Goozeusgle is so helpful. :smile-new:
ty!

Gina ...

Difficult to pronounce, but I agree with you.

Creeping Death ...

If you possibly can, please, please, come in again and give us an update on our friend.

We are missing, and worrying about him something fierce in here.

Thanks in advance ~ ABC

creepingdeath
08-19-2012, 01:33 PM
Ape is still hanging in there, as recently as yesterday. Plenty of emergency surgeries, periotonitis, dialysis, and other stuff that is hard to spell.

If he gets through all of this, I would imagine it would be a while before he gets back on his butt and returns to posting.

Go ape go!

ABC in Georgia
08-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Ape is still hanging in there, as recently as yesterday. Plenty of emergency surgeries, periotonitis, dialysis, and other stuff that is hard to spell.

If he gets through all of this, I would imagine it would be a while before he gets back on his butt and returns to posting.

Go ape go!

Thank you, thank you, for coming in, CD!

At the moment we don't really care about him posting again soon, so much as just being able to know that he is "still hanging in there!"

Thanks again.

~ ABC :love_heart:

Janice
08-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Thank you, thank you, for coming in, CD!

At the moment we don't really care about him posting again soon, so much as just being able to know that he is "still hanging in there!"

Thanks again.

~ ABC :love_heart:

Amen. Prayers up!

SaintLouieWoman
08-19-2012, 03:15 PM
Thanks so much, CD, for posting. We've all been worried about him. If you get a chance to somehow get word to him, tell him we're all pulling for him---and praying. We're waiting for him to get home so we can talk on Skype again.

Retread
08-19-2012, 07:48 PM
GO, AA, GO - INDEED!!

Rockntractor
08-19-2012, 08:26 PM
If I could get some sugared ginger to him it would perk him right up!

SarasotaRepub
08-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the news creepingdeath, we all appreciate it!!

Boy, what Ape won't do for a little attention...:biggrin-new:

Get well soonest bud!!!

RobJohnson
08-21-2012, 02:10 AM

Go ape go!

Thanks for the update. He continues to be in my prayers. This includes his friends & family.

linda22003
08-21-2012, 08:45 AM
Glad to get more recent news... just wish it were better.

creepingdeath
08-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Looks like Ape has been upgraded to "cautious optimism" after his most recent bout of surgery. He should be moving out of the CCU next week, and begin a few months of recovery, and learning how to take care of himself with a changed medical condition.

If his family gives permission to the fellow I get my news from, I'll make sure an address is forwarded along for well wishers to drop cards and the like.

Tough SOB, I'm impressed.

linda22003
08-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Thank you. Glad to hear he's still with us.

Adam Wood
08-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Looks like Ape has been upgraded to "cautious optimism" after his most recent bout of surgery. He should be moving out of the CCU next week, and begin a few months of recovery, and learning how to take care of himself with a changed medical condition.

If his family gives permission to the fellow I get my news from, I'll make sure an address is forwarded along for well wishers to drop cards and the like.

Tough SOB, I'm impressed.Thanks for the update. Sounds like improving news.

ABC in Georgia
08-24-2012, 01:29 PM

Thanks for keeping us up to date CD ... you are a sweetheart! ... :love_heart:

~ ABC

SaintLouieWoman
08-25-2012, 06:53 PM

Also impressed. Pass along all the well wishes from everyone here. And thanks so much for keeping everyone informed.

Tell him we need him back to keep us honest in the daily trivia. :biggrin-new:

Adam Wood
09-27-2012, 09:42 AM
Any word as of late?

SaintLouieWoman
10-23-2012, 07:44 PM

Is there another update on Ape, CD? We're worried about him and would like to know if his family would let us use an address to drop cards for him. I can understand they wouldn't want to post their home address on the internet, but I'm sure that we could figure out something. If you talk to them, please let him know that he's still in our prayers and thoughts.

Has he been able to come home yet?

creepingdeath
10-24-2012, 10:30 PM
Is there another update on Ape, CD? We're worried about him and would like to know if his family would let us use an address to drop cards for him. I can understand they wouldn't want to post their home address on the internet, but I'm sure that we could figure out something. If you talk to them, please let him know that he's still in our prayers and thoughts.

Has he been able to come home yet?

Word on the street is that the Ape is getting well.

On a different forum, he has posted that he is alive, and has a long road ahead.

I am sure he will be here one day to thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

:) Good news!

ABC in Georgia
10-24-2012, 10:43 PM

On a different forum, he has posted that he is alive, and has a long road ahead.

Oh Mercy!

I was afraid to look at what you had posted.

Thank you so much for such great news!!!

Am I allowed to hug the *messenger?* ... :love_heart:

To heck with permission. Consider yourself hugged!

Thanks again!

Adam Wood
10-25-2012, 12:25 AM

:) Good news!Thanks so much for the update. His ears must have been burning, because I was just thinking about him a couple of hours ago, wondering how he's doing.

Glad to hear the good news!

SarasotaRepub
10-25-2012, 08:07 AM
All right! You can't keep a good Ape down!!! :biggrin-new:

Molon Labe
10-25-2012, 09:38 AM
That's really great news.

linda22003
10-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Most excellent.

SaintLouieWoman
10-25-2012, 04:20 PM

Thank you so much. That's wonderful news. Hugs to you for the good news and to Ape---hope he gets well enough soon to stop by for a minute and say hi. :smile-new:

Retread
10-25-2012, 05:28 PM
AA's just got to keep swinging. Greyt news!!

AmPat
10-26-2012, 07:43 PM

So he's cheating on us?

Apache
11-03-2012, 09:44 PM
POST HERE, YOU DAMN DIRTY APE....

Please?:blue:

We do miss you, you flea-bitten twerp....:adoration:

Lanie
11-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Just want to say I miss you too.

SaintLouieWoman
11-22-2012, 12:24 AM
We've seen Ape showing up in the "users online" sectrion via tapatalk. I'm hoping that he's reading what's on the board. He could just be using his cell phone.

Ape, if you're reading, could you just type something like "hi" so we know that you're here and doing better?

Happy Thanksgiving. We've missed you.

Retread
11-22-2012, 07:31 PM
slacker!

Rockntractor
11-22-2012, 08:26 PM
slacker!

I think they tested too many products on him in the lab.

SaintLouieWoman
11-26-2012, 08:30 PM
Good news!! We saw that Ape was on Skype. We called and talked to him. It was wonderful being able to talk to him. He's been through hell, but he's sounding good now. This is a wonderful Christmas gift, to have our friend back. He said he might try to post tonight or maybe tomorrow.

Does anyone have that little Snoopy thing, the happy happy joy thing? It's appropriate now.

Welcome back, Ape, whenever you feel well enough to pop in and say hi.

djones520
11-26-2012, 08:40 PM
I saw him online a few days ago, shot him a PM. Never heard back from him, so I figured he was still taking it slow. I'm glad to hear he's rebounding though. It's great news.

Rockntractor
11-26-2012, 08:49 PM
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx97/JML9999/Animated_Snoopy_Dance-1.gifhttp://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv239/Rejoice_09/monkey_dance.gifhttp://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/charonn0/monkey_dance.gifhttp://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/maget12/3d059978.gifhttp://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc292/lil_angel_gurl_22/dance_monkey_dance.gifhttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/jungletoad/120078z.gifhttp://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z52/dougydude99/monkeydancingtranssmall.gifhttp://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii154/fai-monkeymagic/lingdance.gifhttp://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg93/br3k3l3/websitetemplates/monkeycursor.gifhttp://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e304/angie14209/myspace/monkeyon252520drugs.gifhttp://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w49/nathannael/monkey/DancingMonkey.gifhttp://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l188/Buda_Mcnasty/MonkeyHula2sm_LKS.gifhttp://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt209/msparrie/RIVERDANCEMONKEES.gifhttp://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q298/ben-cooke/Monkeyident.gifhttp://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii61/maple_doorider/Smilies/monkeydance-1.gifhttp://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n147/bellstar_2006/9ZXAFFCAX7NOJDCADOS3ENCASQG775CA52R.gifhttp://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l300/calvinjaramillo/DBZ-012TheEndofSnakeway6.gifhttp://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz186/willisnowell/Gifs/monkey_banana_dance_lg_clr.gifhttp://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa82/BJ462007/th51402zdmkah5r5e.gifhttp://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb394/zev000/monkey_dance.gifhttp://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac176/ste4lulu333/gifs%20etc/monkey_dance.gif

ABC in Georgia
11-27-2012, 12:14 AM
Good news!! We saw that Ape was on Skype. We called and talked to him. It was wonderful being able to talk to him. He's been through hell, but he's sounding good now. This is a wonderful Christmas gift, to have our friend back. He said he might try to post tonight or maybe tomorrow.

Thanks SLW.
==================================

Okay AA ... if you can see my message pumpkin ... :love_heart:

And you are the one who taught me the meaning of what the word "leet" meant ... and at the moment can't remember how to do it ... RATS!!!

Will simply have to resort to plain old English in here!

Get your ass back in here, please, and simply say "Hi guys!

~ ABC ...Miss ya! :love_heart:

RobJohnson
11-28-2012, 02:48 AM
I'm glad he is still swinging from the trees!

ABC in Georgia
11-29-2012, 09:40 PM
Hey guys!!!

That Simian swinging-from-the-trees beast is reading in here!

Quick someone, throw some bananas in here to attract him before he leaves! ... :biggrin-new:

ABC in Georgia
11-30-2012, 12:39 PM
In case anyone missed it on the posts on front page or over in Gen Discussion ...

Good news ...

Our favorite ape is back!!!!

Someone must have thrown some *extra* special bananas out to him. :biggrin-new:

Rockntractor
11-30-2012, 12:51 PM
In case anyone missed it on the posts on front page or over in Gen Discussion ...

Good news ...

Our favorite ape is back!!!!

Someone must have thrown some *extra* special bananas out to him. :biggrin-new:

I'm not sure he can eat, it may be banana suppositories?http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_6595.gif (http://www.desismileys.com/)

Articulate_Ape
11-30-2012, 04:05 PM
Thank you everyone, I have been missing you guys too. :)

Retread
11-30-2012, 11:46 PM
It's about time!!

Welcome back and stick around a while - say 10 or 20 years.

ABC in Georgia
12-21-2012, 07:37 PM
Hey AA ...

Still praying for you pumpkin, and especially for you to be able to leave that hospital and be back with your family again soon!

Behave yourself, stop flirting with the nurses, and concentrate on learning to walk again. :smile-new:

Sincere Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happier & Healthier 2013!!!

~ Gerry :love_heart:

Rockntractor
12-21-2012, 08:11 PM
Hey AA ...

Still praying for you pumpkin, and especially for you to be able to leave that hospital and be back with your family again soon!

Behave yourself, stop flirting with the nurses, and concentrate on learning to walk again. :smile-new:

Sincere Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happier & Healthier 2013!!!

~ Gerry :love_heart:

His knuckles dragged the floor when he walked before he got sick.http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_1471.gif (http://www.desismileys.com/)

Rockntractor
12-23-2012, 07:18 PM
All right lab animal, let's get a couple of posts in here.

Lanie
12-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Thank you everyone, I have been missing you guys too. :)

Hooray!!! I don't know you well, but I am still happy to see you posting here. :)

SaintLouieWoman
01-01-2013, 01:17 PM
A happy New Year to Ape and everyone else. Hope the new year is a heck of a lot better for you, Ape.

Articulate_Ape
02-08-2013, 09:09 AM
I just want to take a moment to thank each and every one of you for the very kind thoughts and words you expressed in this thread during my health-related ordeal. It means a great deal to me to know that I have such friends here. Thank you all so very much.

SarasotaRepub
02-08-2013, 09:16 AM
You aren't dead??? Well, that's a relief!!! :biggrin-new:

Glad to have you back bud!!!

Ranger Rick
02-08-2013, 11:16 AM
Yes, Good to have you back. Are we going to get a status update?

Articulate_Ape
02-08-2013, 06:21 PM
Yes, Good to have you back. Are we going to get a status update?

Sure. I am almost done with rehab having amazed one and all here with my rapid progress. I can now walk with a cane, climb stairs, etc. I will be heading home sometime within the next week or so. I am very excited about that. It will be wonderful to have some normalcy to my life. I am certain that the thoughts and prayers of you good folks and a ton of others played a large part of the outcome of this very harrowing experience. I appreciate the kindness you all have extended toward me.

Ranger Rick
02-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Thats good, are you going to get physical therapy to.

It is so good to be out of the hospital.

Articulate_Ape
02-08-2013, 10:04 PM
Thats good, are you going to get physical therapy too.

Heh.

Rockntractor
02-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Yep, when you fall off the tricycle you have to get back on.
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/forums/imagesqtbnANd9GcR3DYI81OIoNoFgrseUJ_zps7c8d54ff.jp g

SaintLouieWoman
02-09-2013, 12:42 AM
Heh.
Hope you can get home physical therapy. In Oct '11 when I had my knee surgery, I was in a rehab place for a week. I did much better when I got out of that place (a week early) and had the PT at home for a while.

You're making such wonderful progress. Those are real achievements, being able to go up stairs and to only use a cane. You are indeed the miracle man. I'm sure everyone realizes what toughness and inner strength it take for Ape to overcome those odds. He's one tough Ape.

linda22003
02-10-2013, 03:32 PM
Great news.... sorry it has been such a long road!

Odysseus
02-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Sure. I am almost done with rehab having amazed one and all here with my rapid progress. I can now walk with a cane, climb stairs, etc. I will be heading home sometime within the next week or so. I am very excited about that. It will be wonderful to have some normalcy to my life. I am certain that the thoughts and prayers of you good folks and a ton of others played a large part of the outcome of this very harrowing experience. I appreciate the kindness you all have extended toward me.

That's awesome. You'll be back on the vines in no time!

ABC in Georgia
02-11-2013, 02:01 PM
Happy Days Are Here Again
The skies above are clear again
So let's sing a song of cheer again
Happy Days Are Here Again

Altogether shout it now
There's no one
Who can doubt it now
So let's tell the world about it now
Happy Days Are Here Again!

Songwriters ~ Milton Ager, Jack Yellen