PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh - OFF THE AIR - In Philly!!!

Carol
06-25-2012, 06:23 PM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002855170)

WOW!!!! Liberals won. Rush is off the air in Philadelphia!!!

kpete (34,678 posts)

Rush Limbaugh - OFF THE AIR - In Philly!!!

Last edited Mon Jun 25, 2012, 03:50 PM USA/ET - Edit history (5)

MON JUN 25, 2012 AT 10:22 AM PDT
Rush Limbaugh Off Air in Philadelphia
byscottiex2

Limbaugh has been a mainstay on the CBS owned station in Philadelphia for at least 20 years.
Today he was replaced by Michael Smerconish with the intro "forget the anger, reason is back".
I called the station manager to confirm that it was in fact a permanent and to congratulate him on his public service.

This is one station, but it is a major market that is replacing hate speech one
program at a time. Hannity was dropped last year.

Of course it is all about money and proof that the boycott worked.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/06/25/1103030/-Rush-Limbaugh-Off-Air-in-Philadelphia

Not really........ LOL. Liberals lie all the time. You have to check EVERYTHING they claim as a win.

It took me 15 seconds to find this:

http://radioinsight.com/blog/headlines/56882/premiere-moves-rush-limbaugh-in-philadelphia/

“Premiere recently notified WPHT they will be syndicating Rush Limbaugh on a new station in Philadelphia. As a result, we are pleased to be able to now showcase Michael, who is a well-known and acclaimed broadcaster in the market, in this new time period.”

So Premier is MOVING his show to another station IN PHILADELPHIA. That's what they consider a "win", claiming that the boycott "worked".

randr (4,161 posts)

1. Hats off to the lucky people of Philly

We need to establish Rush free zones all over the country.

RKP5637 (19,477 posts)

32. That was amazing! It's like a tribute to hatred placing this vile person

in the hall of fame. I see nothing of fame about him than as a loud mouthed asshole full of hatred. Speaking of "HATRED"....

Egalitarian Thug (1,878 posts)

3. Hometown Boy Makes Good. Michael Smerconish is a step up, but

keep in mind that he supports the same agenda. That the Big Fat Liar, is gone from a major market is indeed good news.

nxylas (4,284 posts)

6. I hope that radio station has good security
A lot of crazy people with guns are going to be pissed off about this.
) Right. They'll be so PISSED OFF that they will simply turn the dial to the new station.

RigB2G (866 posts)
15. HE IS ONLY SWITCHING STATIONS

Lord. This was reported back in April. :biggrin-new: Oh, oh, someone knows the score.

Janice
06-25-2012, 06:33 PM
Yes, the new station according to Limbaughs site states:

Philadelphia Affiliate Alert! Beginning today, you can find The Rush Limbaugh Show on WWIQ 106.9 FM from 12 noon – 3:00PM

Elspeth
06-25-2012, 06:54 PM
He went to FM. That seems to be a trend. I think I remember hearing that the quality of satellite radio was so far beyond conventional AM that the move of talk to FM was the only way to compete.

And Dummies are notoriously stupid. They don't check anything.

Carol
06-25-2012, 07:04 PM
LOL[

pinboy3niner (19,693 posts)

8. I don't think he's off the air there

B2G (868 posts)

11. Yes, he's switching stations
http://articles.latimes.com/2012/apr/10/news/la-pn-rush-limbaugh-pulled-out-of-popular-philadelphia-radio-station-20120410

Meiko (768 posts)

25. Does anyone read the threads

they post on I wonder? He is only switching stations as reported back in April, he is not going anywhere. geeessh.... He probably adjusted his contract and got a bonus for it.

B2G (868 posts)

36. This thread is the epitomy of a knee jerk reaction

He. Is. Not. Off. The. Airwaves. In. Philly.

Arg!!!
There's at least 61 comments. Most of them right up to the end are doing backflips and gloating.

SarasotaRepub
06-25-2012, 07:19 PM
Awww...poor babies. :biggrin-new:

Hubie
06-25-2012, 07:51 PM
These people are mormons (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?50260-If-you-take-the-second-%E2%80%9Cm%E2%80%9D-out-of-the-word-%E2%80%9CMormon-%E2%80%9D-you-get%E2%80%A6Romney).

Er... wait... I think their stupidity has infected me.

JB
06-25-2012, 08:28 PM
The station (1210 AM) is going to some "let's use local talk talent" format. They got rid of Hannity and now Rush. However, Hanninty and Rush are now on a Philly FM station 106.9. When word gets out, 1210 will be in a death spiral.

The guy replacing rush (Michael Smerconish) is such a RINO that even RINOs look at him and think "damn, that guy is a serious RINO". He blows. And he does not have a voice for radio. I have no idea how he got on there.

Bye 1210. Don't know why you threw yourself on your sword like that but it's going to hurt, that's for sure.

Adam Wood
06-25-2012, 08:52 PM
The station (1210 AM) is going to some "let's use local talk talent" format. They got rid of Hannity and now Rush. However, Hanninty and Rush are now on a Philly FM station 106.9. When word gets out, 1210 will be in a death spiral.

The guy replacing rush (Michael Smerconish) is such a RINO that even RINOs look at him and think "damn, that guy is a serious RINO". He blows. And he does not have a voice for radio. I have no idea how he got on there.

Bye 1210. Don't know why you threw yourself on your sword like that but it's going to hurt, that's for sure.It works if you've got really good local talent. One of our local stations here did it quite successfully (though they weren't carrying EIB before, either; their "biggie" was Liddy). But if your local talent sucks, then it's not going to work.

JB
06-25-2012, 08:55 PM
It works if you've got really good local talent.They have one local guy that is very good. Dom Giordano. Subs nationally sometimes.

Used to do nights. They moved him to mornings. Absolutely not a good time slot for him.

fettpett
06-25-2012, 10:48 PM
Here in this part of MI, Rush is on 94.9 out of Benton Harbor. However I get 890AM WLS in better than I do the FM station.

Even Colin Cowherd on ESPN has commented that talk radio is and should be moving to FM, the ESPN station out of Holland/Grand Rapids is on the FM bad. The signal is stronger and reaches further than AM stations do, plus it doesn't have the static problems that AM does

NJCardFan
06-25-2012, 11:26 PM

Bye 1210. Don't know why you threw yourself on your sword like that but it's going to hurt, that's for sure.

Smerconish went out of his way to suck Obama's cock when he got elected. Funny thing is that when W was in office, he was an ardent conservative but as soon as Obama got elected he became an Obama cheerleader.

As for 1210, they even lost the Phillies so they have nothing.

Rockntractor
06-25-2012, 11:43 PM
We need to establish Rush free zones all over the country.
Why?

Chuck58
06-26-2012, 12:22 AM
Smerconish went out of his way to suck Obama's cock when he got elected. Funny thing is that when W was in office, he was an ardent conservative but as soon as Obama got elected he became an Obama cheerleader.

As for 1210, they even lost the Phillies so they have nothing.

From some things I've read, that might be more literally than figuratively.

Wibbins
06-26-2012, 11:19 AM
He went to FM. That seems to be a trend. I think I remember hearing that the quality of satellite radio was so far beyond conventional AM that the move of talk to FM was the only way to compete.

And Dummies are notoriously stupid. They don't check anything.

Most people don't even use AM anymore, well except for the elderly :P, I bet he'll have MORE listener's because FM broadcasts much much farther than Am.

Zathras
06-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Most people don't even use AM anymore, well except for the elderly :P, I bet he'll have MORE listener's because FM broadcasts much much farther than Am.

Hey, I'm not elderly and I listen to AM regularly here in the Bay Area. We have a couple of good conservatve stations here (560am KSFO has Hannity and 910am KKSF has Rush) and the Giants broadcast their games on 680am KNBR.

TVDOC
06-26-2012, 01:24 PM
Most people don't even use AM anymore, well except for the elderly :P, I bet he'll have MORE listener's because FM broadcasts much much farther than AM.

Actually untrue......FM (because it is a VHF frequency) is limited to reception that is "line of sight", which (depending on terrain) is about 50-70 miles max, depending on transmitter power output and antenna height (both of which are regulated by the FCC). Reception limits for FM are very similar to those for the TV stations that (in analog) operated on channels 2 to 13.

AM is a "medium wave" frequency which has the capability to propagate off of the ionosphere, and be heard (depending on atmospheric conditions) for literally thousands of miles. As a kid, on my car radio in central Missouri, was always able to receive the 50,000 watt "clear channel" stations from NY, Chicago, New Orleans, Nashville, and as far south as Mexico, after dark.......no FM (VHF) station has this capability. During the daytime, AM stations, due to their "ground wave" capability have a reception range of about 120-150 miles, at transmitter power levels at or above 10,000 watts. Most urban local stations do not operate at those power levels......1,000 to 5,000 watts is pretty typical.

The long-range propagation capability is the reason that many AM stations are required to substantially reduce their transmitter power at sunset, and maintain low power until sunrise......in order not to interfere with another AM station that is operating on the same frequency somewhere else.

doc

Adam Wood
06-26-2012, 06:30 PM
Actually untrue......FM (because it is a VHF frequency) is limited to reception that is "line of sight", which (depending on terrain) is about 50-70 miles max, depending on transmitter power output and antenna height (both of which are regulated by the FCC). Reception limits for FM are very similar to those for the TV stations that (in analog) operated on channels 2 to 13.

AM is a "medium wave" frequency which has the capability to propagate off of the ionosphere, and be heard (depending on atmospheric conditions) for literally thousands of miles. As a kid, on my car radio in central Missouri, was always able to receive the 50,000 watt "clear channel" stations from NY, Chicago, New Orleans, Nashville, and as far south as Mexico, after dark.......no FM (VHF) station has this capability. During the daytime, AM stations, due to their "ground wave" capability have a reception range of about 120-150 miles, at transmitter power levels at or above 10,000 watts. Most urban local stations do not operate at those power levels......1,000 to 5,000 watts is pretty typical.

The long-range propagation capability is the reason that many AM stations are required to substantially reduce their transmitter power at sunset, and maintain low power until sunrise......in order not to interfere with another AM station that is operating on the same frequency somewhere else.

docBeat me to it. Wibbins, I have listened to Vanderbilt basketball games on 1510 while sitting in a crappy rental car in Key West. 1510 broadcasts from Nashville. That's 850 miles away that I was picking up an AM signal on a pretty pathetic Delco car radio.

JB
06-26-2012, 07:16 PM
As for 1210, they even lost the Phillies...No they didn't.

Retread
06-26-2012, 07:46 PM
When I was wondering around Rock's territory in an oil service sedan I had 3 50000 watt AM stations on the buttons to keep me awake at 4 am. Cuidad Juarez, Nawlins and Chicago along with the one out of Tulsa that I could hear most all day while living in Ft Smith.

Bailey
06-26-2012, 07:56 PM
No they didn't.

Yes they did, isnt the games on 94 WYSP FM or 610 WIP? AM?

JB
06-26-2012, 08:28 PM
Yes they did, isnt the games on 94 WYSP FM or 610 WIP? AM?No, they didn't. But yes, 94 FM does carry the Phils. 610 AM is not.

1210 AM still has the Phils. You can go listen right now. In fact, if you flip back and forth between 94FM and 1210AM you will see that 94FM is about seven seconds behind 1210.

FDK
06-27-2012, 05:56 AM
This DUmmie is either a mole or David Axelrod:

progress2k12nbynd (153 posts)
50. Sweet baby. That's a good start…

If we can completely eliminate all opposition voices and gain 100% control of the airwaves and channels, we will control the message.

Bailey
06-27-2012, 06:05 AM
No, they didn't. But yes, 94 FM does carry the Phils. 610 AM is not.

1210 AM still has the Phils. You can go listen right now. In fact, if you flip back and forth between 94FM and 1210AM you will see that 94FM is about seven seconds behind 1210.

Well at any rate i am glad he left 1210, so I dont have to miss his show when the Phillies play a day game.

NJCardFan
06-27-2012, 10:47 AM
No, they didn't. But yes, 94 FM does carry the Phils. 610 AM is not.

I couldn't listen then. I was at the game. :Flag2:

3rd-try
06-27-2012, 03:03 PM
This DUmmie is either a mole or David Axelrod:

progress2k12nbynd (153 posts)
50. Sweet baby. That's a good start…

If we can completely eliminate all opposition voices and gain 100% control of the airwaves and channels, we will control the message.

Dayumn!!!!! FDK...You got that right!

Or maybe we're too stoopid to recognize tolerance, inclusiveness, acceptance, not to mention free speech when we see it.