PDA

View Full Version : Rodney King funeral set for Saturday at Forest Lawn cemetery

Rockntractor
06-30-2012, 11:54 PM
A public memorial for Rodney King will be held Saturday at Forest Lawn cemetery in the Hollywood Hills. King died two weeks ago of what police believe was an accidental drowning at his home in Rialto.

King’s family, friends and a host of civil rights leaders and celebrities are expected to attend the service, which is being held in an auditorium on the grounds of Forest Lawn. The King family set up a bank fund to help pay for the funeral, which could exceed $20,000.

“Rodney King’s three daughters will be there, also his mom Odessa, his sister Ratasha, and Rodney has three brothers, which many people don’t realize," said Alan Spear, spokesman for the family.

Jesse Jackson, the Reverend Al Sharpton and others are expected to eulogize King. Many of King’s relatives are devout Jehovah’s Witnesses and may hold a separate memorial at a later date.

His videotaped beating at the hands of Los Angeles police officers 21 years ago turned him into a reluctant symbol of police misconduct. The officers' acquittal sparked a week of deadly riots. King later won a multimillion-dollar civil lawsuit against the city of Los Angeles.

Rodney King died of what police say was an accidental drowning. King admitted to a lifelong struggle with alcohol and drug abuse. Results of an autopsy and toxicology tests are expected to be released next month.
http://www.scpr.org/news/2012/06/29/33034/rodney-king-funeral-set-saturday-forest-lawn-cemet/

This is what keeps the Black race down, as long as leaders like Jesse Jackson, the Reverend Al Sharpton are chosen and individuals like Rodney King are put up on a pedestal you will never experience excellence as a group.
There are many great black individuals past and present but they are ignored by main stream black culture as well as the left.

Novaheart
07-01-2012, 09:09 AM
wfc?

Hubie
07-01-2012, 01:22 PM
No word on if blacks in L.A. are going to go on riots against swimming pools, huh?

What? Too soon?

Rockntractor
07-01-2012, 01:26 PM
We will probably have a Rodney King day every year to honor all he did for humanity.

Hubie
07-01-2012, 01:52 PM
We will probably have a Rodney King day every year to honor all he did for humanity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc_SgpyJWRY

Thanks, Rodney!

noonwitch
07-02-2012, 11:13 AM
I feel badly for his family. Rodney King was a human being.

Sharpton and Jackson just used him for their purposes, but weren't there for him all along. They were there when they wanted to lead protests in Rodney's name, they are there for the publicized funeral, but they weren't there for him when he needed spiritual guidance.

I watched the season of Celebrity Rehab (the only reality show I watch) that Rodney was on. Once he sobered up, he was a really nice guy. His problem was mostly alcohol.

Gina
07-02-2012, 11:44 AM

Can't we all just get a bong?

Gina
08-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Just to put the bookend on this thread..
Link (http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/23/us/rodney-king-autopsy/index.html)

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Rodney King's death in June was the result of accidental drowning, although alcohol, cocaine, marijuana and PCP found in his system were contributing factors, authorities said Thursday.

noonwitch
08-23-2012, 12:57 PM
Just to put the bookend on this thread..
Link (http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/23/us/rodney-king-autopsy/index.html)

Dr. Drew is having a bad year, as far as the mortality of his former patients is concerned.

Hubie
08-23-2012, 01:11 PM
although alcohol, cocaine, marijuana and PCP found in his system were contributing factors

Show of hands: who was surprised by this revelation? Come on now. Don't be shy. The least bit surprised? Hands? Anyone? Hello? Is this thing on?

Lanie
08-23-2012, 11:01 PM
This is just really sad. He needed help. :blue:

txradioguy
08-24-2012, 06:30 AM
This is just really sad. He needed help. :blue:

Getting put in jail the first time back in 1992 would have helped a lot.

Zeus
08-24-2012, 12:43 PM

Already have a new poker hand in his honor. The LA hand : 4 clubs beat a king.:rolleyes:

LukeEDay
08-24-2012, 01:40 PM
Why is he being buried at Forest Lawn, and where did he get the money?

What are they going to do, put him in the vault beside Michael Jackson?

Zeus
08-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Why is he being buried at Forest Lawn, and where did he get the money?

What are they going to do, put him in the vault beside Michael Jackson?

In between his boozing & drugging he became a professional litigant. If I remember correctly he got 10 million for the beating and I don't recall how much he got on his other lawsuits.

LukeEDay
08-24-2012, 05:32 PM
In between his boozing & drugging he became a professional litigant. If I remember correctly he got 10 million for the beating and I don't recall how much he got on his other lawsuits.

That is interesting. Forest Lawn is for 'Special' people. I didn't think he fell into that category. Then what do I know ....

Rockntractor
08-24-2012, 05:36 PM
If I remember correctly he got 10 million for the beating and I don't recall how much he got on his other lawsuits.

Yes but his stupid far outweighed the advantages that society bestowed upon him, better to live poor until 80 than die from stupidity before 50.