PDA

View Full Version : How many Rethugs do you know?

SarasotaRepub
07-02-2012, 07:47 PM
:rolleyes:

They must be getting bored... (http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002891507)

Mon Jul 2, 2012, 11:22 AM
goclark

How many Rethugs do you know?

On your job?

At your church?

At the Gym?

Your neighbors?

What did I forget?

My total is "1" ....... A "thinks he knows it all" guy that is a medical Dr.

How many bumper stickers do you see that say " Rmoney?

I live in Los Angels and I've seen "0" for Rmoney and at least 40 for Obama

JB
07-02-2012, 07:52 PM
What he doesn't say is that he only knows one because he doesn't have a job, doesn't go to church and has never been inside a gym.

The 1 must be a neighbor. You know, the rich guy that owns the nicest house on the block. :rolleyes:

Hubie
07-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Well, let's see... the liberals I know are my two sisters, my niece, one of my nephews, my BIL (the non-gay one), my SIL, various cousins, and some members of my former church. I may know more than that, but out of a lot of people I know, the issue of politics simply hasn't come up. And unlike these jerks on DU, I love each and every one of those people no matter what.

linda22003
07-03-2012, 08:48 AM
This is what Jonathan Haidt means when he talks about the divided political sides not having exposure to other ideas - if you are with people all the time who think exactly like you do, you start to think it's the only viewpoint. He was on Moyers & Co. talking about this, and it turned into a live demonstration - Bill Moyers assumed that Haidt was agreeing with him on the liberal side, and when he turned out to be more conservative, you could see Moyers just blinking, with his mouth open. :biggrin-new:

Here are Haidt's ideas encapsulated in a short TED talk that is worth the time it takes to watch it. It's his take on the moral foundations of both liberal and conservative thought.

http://www.ted.com/talks/jonathan_haidt_on_the_moral_mind.html

Wibbins
07-03-2012, 12:47 PM
This is what Jonathan Haidt means when he talks about the divided political sides not having exposure to other ideas - if you are with people all the time who think exactly like you do, you start to think it's the only viewpoint. He was on Moyers & Co. talking about this, and it turned into a live demonstration - Bill Moyers assumed that Haidt was agreeing with him on the liberal side, and when he turned out to be more conservative, you could see Moyers just blinking, with his mouth open. :biggrin-new:

Here are Haidt's ideas encapsulated in a short TED talk that is worth the time it takes to watch it. It's his take on the moral foundations of both liberal and conservative thought.

http://www.ted.com/talks/jonathan_haidt_on_the_moral_mind.html

Notice how Conservatives score higher overall than liberals :evil-grin:

Zathras
07-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Hmmm, like the DUmbass, I have not seen any "Rmoney" bumper stickers as of yet. However I have seen lots of "Romney" bumper stickers and quite a few "Obama" stickers as well. But, if I do see a "Rmoney" sticker, I will be wondering what their DU name is because only a DUmmy would be so childish to put such a bumper sticker on their car.

txradioguy
07-03-2012, 02:45 PM
What he doesn't say is that he only knows one because he doesn't have a job, doesn't go to church and has never been inside a gym.

The 1 must be a neighbor. You know, the rich guy that owns the nicest house on the block. :rolleyes:

Not his neighbor...his parents neighbor...this DUmmie still lives with his parents.

m00
07-04-2012, 12:56 AM
On your job?

At your church?

At the Gym?

Your neighbors?

What did I forget?

Wait, people on DU have jobs, go to church, exercise, and own property?

who knew.