PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss something?

Gina
07-02-2012, 11:26 PM
Link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002893144#post11)

Spitfire of ATJ (485 posts)
11. The Right Wing's response is ALWAYS

to claim men are also the victims of domestic abuse.

It's all a game to them.

Control-Z (6,363 posts)
16. There are still democrats

Last edited Mon Jul 2, 2012, 08:20 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

with that same attitude.

Spitfire of ATJ (485 posts)
18. I know,...compared to the suffering of women...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51V8Z5QM4mL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

For lightly battered men.
Um, what? Do these dirtbags seriously think there are no men who suffer domestic abuse? Or is it such a minute number that it doesn't matter? Really?

Btw, what about lesbian domestic abuse? Or gay men? WHAT ARE THESE FOOLS TALKING ABOUT?

longview
07-02-2012, 11:37 PM
Ignorant, myopic, and narrow-minded twits.

Gina
07-02-2012, 11:44 PM
Ignorant, myopic, and narrow-minded twits.

Gosh! So much for the lie that all liberals are for human rights, even to the point of silliness. This blows that out of the water. :apologetic:

Apache
07-02-2012, 11:45 PM
There are few things the Left gets right... correct(:biggrin-new:) DV, for the most part is a form of enabling... the beaten party will choose to stay with the abuser in hopes of "changing them", or they like being the "victim". That's not to say there are not true cases of horric violence(sp?), Those are quickly dealt with.

Hubie
07-02-2012, 11:58 PM
Okay, case in point, that BIL of mine I've been discussing with some of you recently, part of his problems is that he is a victim of domestic abuse by his screwball ex-wife.

Why do these jackasses not accept the documented fact that some women can be and have been the abusers in relationships? And good gosh, don't clue them in on the rate of abuse in homosexual relationships, particularly with lesbians. Their heads would collectively explode.

Wibbins
07-02-2012, 11:58 PM
See, men are seen as the "Oppressors" especially white men. To say that the "oppressors" are being oppressed would be admitting that being oppressive is not inherent. Women, on the other hand need protection making them a "protected class" basically elevating them to a righteous platform where they could (sarcasm) never do anything wrong, and if they ever did something wrong it must be because they were oppressed(end sarcasm)

See, women nowadays have learned they basically control the world, thanks to liberal laws such as VAWA, women can basically say a man "made her feel threatened" and he will be arrested. Notice how in Obamacare there are tons of freebies for women paid for by the government, notice how there are tons of taxpayer funded womens shelters, notice how a woman can put a baby up for adoption or abort the baby even if the father wants to and can take care of the baby 100%, notice how a man can be arrested for not paying child support and is considered a deadbeat dad for doing so; whereas a woman can get an abortion and if you DARE say she can't have an abortion you just want her barefoot and in the kitchen pregnant.

Basically, liberals don't think a woman can take responsibility for her own actions, yes that means NOT walking in the ghetto drunk at 3am, they think they have to be protected

because patriachy

Gina
07-03-2012, 12:00 AM
There are few things the Left gets right... correct(:biggrin-new:) DV, for the most part is a form of enabling... the beaten party will choose to stay with the abuser in hopes of "changing them", or they like being the "victim". That's not to say there are not true cases of horric violence(sp?), Those are quickly dealt with.

Seems to me most men would never admit they were abused, if they didn't fight back and end up getting arrested themselves. It's not manly or whatever.

There are so many 'causes' like rape, incest, abortion etc that the media reports like: 20% of ____ goes unreported every year. Now how would they know that? If it's unreported?

SarasotaRepub
07-03-2012, 08:35 AM
LOL!!! I've been watching Spitfire. He and I are old "Friends" from
Malloy's board.

I was fairly surprised to see Spitfire as years ago he told me that DU
wasn't "radical" enough for him, that the DUmmies were too tame.

I guess he's mellowed...:biggrin-new:

noonwitch
07-03-2012, 08:51 AM

It's because abusers usually have anti-social personalilty disorder and their chosen victims usually are borderlines. The two personalities compliment each other in a workable way-the sociopath does all the planning and thinking, and the borderline does whatever the sociopath tells her to do. But there are two kinds of borderlines, one is more pathological than the other and will not draw lines at physical abuse or criminal behavior. The other kind won't be beat up and won't risk going to jail herself.

Hubie
07-03-2012, 03:35 PM
There are few things the Left gets right...

If by "few things" you mean "no things," then I agree.

Elspeth
07-03-2012, 04:28 PM
It's because abusers usually have anti-social personalilty disorder and their chosen victims usually are borderlines. The two personalities compliment each other in a workable way-the sociopath does all the planning and thinking, and the borderline does whatever the sociopath tells her to do. But there are two kinds of borderlines, one is more pathological than the other and will not draw lines at physical abuse or criminal behavior. The other kind won't be beat up and won't risk going to jail herself.

Thanks for this explanation, noonwitch. It really helps to understand the dynamic.