PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Malkin: Crowd Cheers, Waldo Canyon Fire 100% Contained!

Gina
07-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Michelle Malkin
‏@michellemalkin
Crowd cheers as anchor announces ‪#waldocanyonfire‬ 100% contained - ‪#CommunityRises‬ concert

I take it this is breaking news. I don't have a link and I'm going to go watch the fireworks here to make sure they don't burn down the city!

on edit: The only link I can find (here) (http://www.timescall.com/ci_21005593/colorado-wildfires-rain-helps-firefighters-waldo-canyon-80-percent?source=most_viewed) says the fire is 80% contained. They got a half inch of rain which is helping. Not sure why MM didn't give a link but she lives there so I don't know. :biggrin-new:

noonwitch
07-05-2012, 01:31 PM
I'm glad they were able to contain it. I hope they can put out all the rest of them that are burning.

We finally got rain in Detroit, and we got lots of it. I was worried about the dry grass and all combined with the newly legal fireworks-not a good combination in some areas, like a city that has a lot of abandoned buildings.

AmPat
07-09-2012, 11:27 AM
My wife was here during the worst of this. She joined me in the east a couple of days before they lifted the standby evac notice. She had the Jeep loaded with our Docs and Photos and a friend was going to drive it to safety for us if the wind changed again. Yesterday I finally got to see some of the burn. It was within a few miles of our home. Scary stuff. I hope they catch the POS that started this. :livid:

I still see idiots throw their burning butts out their car windows. How can people be so profoundly stupid and yet still given a license to drive?

Odysseus
07-09-2012, 11:45 AM
I still see idiots throw their burning butts out their car windows. How can people be so profoundly stupid and yet still given a license to drive?

They just give them licenses so that they can vote. :livid:

AmPat
07-09-2012, 12:06 PM
They just give them licenses so that they can vote. :livid:
The idiot gov here should forget the fire burn restrictions and declare open season on these morons. Those expensive signs should scroll the open season warnings to these motorists.
Colorado residents have the right to vacate your brains with high speed .357 if you throw your butt out the window; Colorado residents have the right,,,,