PDA

View Full Version : I was in a local farm store earlier today

Gina
07-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002910934)

Horse with no Name (29,290 posts)

I was in a local farm store earlier today

My daughter was wearing her work uniform and one of the ladies that worked there started talking to her asking if she was off for the day.

She shared that she was off...and had got sent home from work because she hit 40 hrs and they didn't pay overtime. Just making small talk.

The lady said that here company wouldn't let anyone get over 30 hours...then went on to complaining generally about not having benefits etc....Obama, etc.

However, she said something that highlighted the problems in our country...and to say that it wasn't disturbing would be an understatement.

She said that their store had a meeting a few weeks ago. Management came down from their corporate office and told ALL of the employees that they were going to all end up going to jail IF they couldn't afford to pay for healthcare because of Obamacare???? They also said that they were going to have to start cutting back hours because of the high taxes Obama was putting on employers.

Seriously???Yeah...that is what is going on in rural America folks.
http://www.postsmile.net/img/19/1969.gif (http://www.postsmile.com/)http://www.postsmile.net/img/20/2093.gif (http://www.postsmile.com/)
Many respondents said the OP should report this to Obama, Labor Dept, etc. The OP never said 'yeah I did' or 'yeah I'm going to'. Thus I think it's a bounce-o-rama.

I thought this was telling, though:

riderinthestorm (9,300 posts)
13. +1000000000. I am a rural farmer

but I also hold an MBA from the dreaded U of Chicago....

I know that most corps aren't hiring full timers anymore so they can get around having to offer bennies. They hire them as consultants or 30 hours/week. They lie in order to justify their parsimonious - somebody has to be the fall guy and they don't want it known that its them!

Secondly, the OP should report the firm to the Labor Relations Board (and the Obama campaign). These are sheer lies on such a blatant scale it should be called out.

Lastly, the OP should report the incident to management (while also telling them - and perhaps this would be a lie but who cares now about principles? - that they are also reporting the incident to their local newspaper as grotesque misinformation).
Basically they're saying small business sucks because they won't shell out thousands for HC for employees (thank Obama for that) and BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY they will shout from the mountaintops what they see as 1%ers screwing the 99%. :rolleyes:

Chuck58
07-07-2012, 03:27 PM
It's funny. I can go weeks, talking to people all over the area and in Santa Fe or Albuquerque and never, ever get into arguments, discussions, etc like these characters.

Politics is more the topic these days around here, but even now most just mention it and if we disagree they blow it off and change the subject. I've yet heard a rant such as the OP or arguing like we see in the other Best of DU threads.

Adam Wood
07-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Someone please tell me what "local farm store" (read: farmer's market) has some bunch of suits in some off-site "corporate office."

I'll wait.

Adam Wood
07-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Speaking of Bouncy, what ever happened to her?

Apache
07-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Someone please tell me what "local farm store" (read: farmer's market) has some bunch of suits in some off-site "corporate office."

I'll wait.

Tractor Supply Company and Rural King are two big "farm stores" around here. There might be others....

Rockntractor
07-07-2012, 05:34 PM
Tractor Supply Company and Rural King are two big "farm stores" around here. There might be others....

We also have Atwoods and Orscheln.

Gina
07-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Speaking of Bouncy, what ever happened to her?

I was wondering that myself.

SarasotaRepub
07-07-2012, 07:00 PM
I was wondering that myself.

Bu$h and his BFEE got her. :biggrin-new:

Adam Wood
07-07-2012, 08:23 PM
We also have Atwoods and Orscheln.Meh. I never thought of those as "farm stores" as such, but I can see the moniker fitting. Around here, we just call TSC "TSC." If it's the co-op, we just call it "the co-op."

Anyway, Horse With No Brain cleared it up:

Horse with no Name (29,290 posts)
3. Regional chain

Atwoods. Based out of Oklahoma, if I am not mistaken.

::shrug:: Oh well.

JB
07-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Secondly, the OP should report the firm to the Labor Relations Board (and the Obama campaign). These are sheer lies on such a blatant scale it should be called out. Huh???

Report a lie to the Obama campaign??? LMAO. It's nothing but lies. His girlfriends are lies. His books are lies. His records are lies. Well they would be if we ever saw them.

Thinking Obama doesn't lie is like thinking Clinton won't boink the nasty chick.

Apocalypse
07-07-2012, 08:46 PM

Around me we have Thiesens; Farm & Fleet, Pauls, Orscheln's not to mention all the parts stores.

I've shopped at three of them regularly. Each sell some of the best most durable stuff you can get.

Far as the bouncy. I know we've warned them it would happen.

Increase healthcare cost for employers. They will cut that cost any way they can. Be it dropping it and forcing them to buy it them selves, cutting labor, or no longer offering full time positions to skirt the law.

Welcome to Obama-vile. Population you.

Wibbins
07-08-2012, 11:30 AM
was in a local farm store earlier today

I'm thinking either wal-mart or lowes :evil-grin:

Do libs even know what the co-op is?

NJCardFan
07-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Tractor Supply Company

Do you call this one farm and dog too?

Odysseus
07-08-2012, 02:53 PM
I'm thinking either wal-mart or lowes :evil-grin:

Do libs even know what the co-op is?

Doubt it. But then again, they do produce a lot of manure. :evil-grin:

Hubie
07-08-2012, 09:28 PM

I'll wait.

"Show Dick some respect!"
--John Bender

AmPat
07-09-2012, 03:48 PM

I'll wait.

Meh. I never thought of those as "farm stores" as such, but I can see the moniker fitting. Around here, we just call TSC "TSC." If it's the co-op, we just call it "the co-op."

Anyway, Horse With No Brain cleared it up:

::shrug:: Oh well.Fair enough. I guess that serves us right for calling Whole Foods a Liberal Pasture Store.