PDA

View Full Version : Allen West: True Racism Lies With White Liberals

Gina
07-09-2012, 10:13 AM
Link (http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2012/07/09/allen_west_true_racism_lies_with_white_liberals)

The Los Angeles times is having issues with RNC Chairman Reince Priebus "justifying" remarks made by Rep. Allen West last week when he said President Obama wants to make American taxpayers his slaves. West isn't exactly happy with the Times trying to "rein him in" either. In a recent opinion piece titled, "America's Dirtiest Job: Justifying Allen West," (http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/opinion-la/la-ol-priebus-west-slavery-20120705,0,3089432.story) Times writer Dan Turner can't understand why anyone would stand by comments West has made and goes so far as calling Priebus a West "apologist."

Reince Priebus, the chairman of the Republican National Committee, has such a dirty job that it's a wonder the Discovery Channel's Mike Rowe isn't following him around with a camera crew. Priebus, after all, has to serve as the apologist for Rep. Allen West of Florida, a "tea party" favorite who, with such unintentionally entertaining gaffe-sters as Michele Bachmann, Herman Cain and Newt Gingrich out of the spotlight, is now the GOP's reigning clown prince of umbrage-generating outrageousness.

After West said at a campaign event Sunday that President Obama was a proponent of slavery, it was Priebus who got Blitzered. Asked by CNN host Wolf Blitzer -- whose political beliefs are hard to decipher but whose disdain for indecorous politicians is clear -- to explain West's remarks, Priebus did his sputtering best but came up badly short.

"Allen can say what Allen wants to say, but I think what he's really trying to say is that if we become a dependent society, if everyone is reliant on the government -- I mean, listen. Barack Obama is the one that put out this 'Life of Julia' website. I think we all know what that is. It's a life of a girl from preschool to, I think, death or near death, showing how every step of her life..."

West responded on Huckabee over the weekend with the following:

I really feel that it is demeaning to me to think that I need some individual to justify me and my existence. Look, I went through 22 years being in the military, I rose to the rank of Lt. Colonel, I have a bachelor and 2 masters degrees. And for these white liberals to believe they can have this condescending manner toward black conservatives that we need to have approval from our quote unquote, I guess “masters”, for us to be able to speak – see that’s where the true racism really lies governor is with the white liberals who don’t want to see someone such as myself that broke away from their dependency class and is out here and able to possibly contend against them with the policies that they are promoting that’s destroying the black community. I know I’m their #1 target and it just emboldens me to speak out even stronger.

And the heck with them if they think someone else needs to approve of me and what I stand for.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1726100021001/

Maybe Turner got confused. It seems "America's Dirtiest Job: Justifying Barack Obama" would have been a better piece to write. Just how do you justify 45 millon people on food stamps, 8.2 percent unemployment, $15 trillion in debt, Solyndra, Fast and Furious.....? Just to name a few. According to Turner, telling it as it is without a political correctness filter is the definition of "gaff-ster." (notice how Turner didn't mention Joe Biden in his list)

Allen West is an unapologetic Patriot who speaks from the heart and isn't afraid to go against the grain. You've got to love that. :smile-new:

Unreconstructed Reb
07-10-2012, 10:17 AM
"I really feel that it is demeaning to me to think that I need some individual to justify me and my existence."

“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”---John Galt

NJCardFan
07-10-2012, 11:11 AM
"I really feel that it is demeaning to me to think that I need some individual to justify me and my existence."

“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”---John Galt
Not to nitpick but considering John Galt is a fictional character you might want to tag it with the reference to Atlas Shrugged. This way it doesn't like like, at least to DUmmies, like you think Galt is a real guy.

Wei Wu Wei
07-10-2012, 12:50 PM
I don't think it's beneficial to have a stupid competition to see who is "more racist". Arguing over which group is more racist does nothing to address the issues of race in America.

Of course there is a lot of racism among white liberals. Now let's look further at the issue, examine how racism develops, what forms it takes, how it manifests in people, culture, policies, and institutions. Let's examine it from every angle, but we can drop the childish finger-pointing game of trying to prove who isn't racist or who's more racist.

txradioguy
07-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Once again West nails it.

Elspeth
07-10-2012, 12:59 PM
West may know more about what is coming than we do.

http://americandeception.com/index.php?page=home

Starbuck
07-10-2012, 02:25 PM
I don't think it's beneficial to have a stupid competition to see who is "more racist".................
Now let's look further at the issue, examine how racism develops, what forms it takes, how it manifests in people, culture, policies, and institutions. Let's examine it from every angle.............

Competition? Where? It was pointed out that racism charges, used so often by liberals, are not the exclusive domain of conservatives. And you readily agreed that liberals can be racist, too.

Looking further at the issues is exactly what Representative West is doing. He - accurately - pointed out a form of racism. Then you called it a competition!

txradioguy
07-10-2012, 02:32 PM
There's no need for a competition.

We have DU/Kos/HuffPo to catalog the hate on the left and the latent racism that lays just below the surface.

Not to mention over 100 years of the Democrat party.

Wanna see the racism come out in a lefty...show them a picture of a black conservative.

Odysseus
07-10-2012, 02:48 PM
I don't think it's beneficial to have a stupid competition to see who is "more racist". Arguing over which group is more racist does nothing to address the issues of race in America.

Of course there is a lot of racism among white liberals. Now let's look further at the issue, examine how racism develops, what forms it takes, how it manifests in people, culture, policies, and institutions. Let's examine it from every angle, but we can drop the childish finger-pointing game of trying to prove who isn't racist or who's more racist.

Unfortunately, racism has become a means to an end. For every real racist (i.e., someone who considers racial characteristics to be determinitive of behavior, and therefore warranting different treatment under law), there are those who are not racists who have to contend with being smeared because the left has wrapped itself in the mantle of enlightenment as a means to stifle discussion. Thus, when Al Sharpton perpetrates a hoax in order to gain money and power, anyone who sees through the hoax is automatically tarred as a racist. When Obama's policies fail, those who recognize this and acknowledge it see their motives impugned. Even in your post, I'm sure that you are looking for an opportunity to use racism as a means of advancing Marxist analysis of racial politics (ironic, given Marx's virulently racist comments throughout his life).

ThinkingBig
07-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Link (http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2012/07/09/allen_west_true_racism_lies_with_white_liberals)

Allen West is an unapologetic Patriot who speaks from the heart and isn't afraid to go against the grain. You've got to love that. :smile-new:

West is a total ignorant fool.

He makes most reasonable conservatives wanna puke.

He's the result of too much red tea in 2010. Thanks Koch bothers.

Rockntractor
07-10-2012, 07:41 PM

You don't like West because you are a racist tool, a throw back to Strom Thurmond.
Are you in the Clan?

Retread
07-10-2012, 09:39 PM
WeeTinkle is a total ignorant fool.

Fixed it for ya.

NJCardFan
07-10-2012, 11:47 PM
You don't like West because you are a racist tool, a throw back to Strom Thurmond.
Are you in the Clan?

Don't you mean Klan? As for the idiot TB, I dare you TB to debate West. I will pay your airfare, first class even, if you can line up a 1 on 1 debate with Col. West. Then we'll see who's the fool.

Rockntractor
07-11-2012, 12:04 AM
Don't you mean Klan?

Yep.

txradioguy
07-11-2012, 08:03 AM

Why?

Liar.

Proof?

txradioguy
07-11-2012, 08:04 AM
Are you in the Clan?

He's definately playing into what we know about Liberals and how they feel about minorities that stray off the Dem plantation.

AmPat
07-11-2012, 11:06 AM

Here, let me give it a go;

Stinky Pig is a total ignorant fool.

He makes all reasonable conservatives wanna puke.

He's the result of too much libertard Kool Aid consumption in 2010. Thanks King Soros.

Wow, see what I did there?:rolleyes:

Arroyo_Doble
07-11-2012, 11:14 AM
Is it demeaning to Bachmann and Gingrich as well?

I think West played the race card in a context having nothing to do with race (Republicans saying stupid shit).

Sauce for the goose, I suppose.

AmPat
07-11-2012, 12:46 PM

I think West played the race card in a context having nothing to do with race (Republicans saying stupid shit).

Sure, makes sense to Attention Deficit only. West having a rational opinion that counters leftist lies is to a libertard like you tantamount with "saying stupid shit."
Excuse me while I :rolleyes:

Rockntractor
07-11-2012, 12:52 PM

Sauce for the goose, I suppose.http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/miscellaneous/smileys-miscellaneous-602928.gif (http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/)

You would know about racism you have been timed out for it here and called on the carpet for it on other boards, the reason I used it on Thinking big was because of the automatic way you liberals cry race every time a person of color is criticized regardless of the reason for the criticism, it is a default reaction.
Your comments here are not even taken seriously, go back to were you are welcome, it's not here.

Arroyo_Doble
07-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Sure, makes sense to Attention Deficit only. West having a rational opinion that counters leftist lies is to a libertard like you tantamount with "saying stupid shit."
Excuse me while I :rolleyes:

The piece mentioned Bachmann and Gingrich (as well as Cain). He turned it into some sort of race thing. It wasn't about race at all.

But like I said, sauce for the goose.

Rockntractor
07-11-2012, 02:10 PM
The piece mentioned Bachmann and Gingrich (as well as Cain). He turned it into some sort of race thing. It wasn't about race at all.

But like I said, sauce for the goose.http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/miscellaneous/smileys-miscellaneous-602928.gif (http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/)

Like I said, shut the fuck up.

txradioguy
07-11-2012, 03:15 PM

Of course you'd take this line of "thinking"

Bless your heart.

JB
07-14-2012, 09:00 PM

Of course there is a lot of racism among white liberals. Now let's look further at the issue, examine how racism develops, what forms it takes, how it manifests in people, culture, policies, and institutions. Let's examine it from every angle, but we can drop the childish finger-pointing game of trying to prove who isn't racist or who's more racist.When the racists hold political power (the racist left) it's a problem. They institute policies that keep minorities from ever climbing out of their problems.

The racist right, ie some knucklehead at a NASCAR event (or whatever stereotype you envision), is harmless and something to be dismissed and laughed at.

JB
07-14-2012, 09:11 PM
Your comments here are not even taken seriously, go back to were you are welcome, it's not here.Whaaa??? Everyone likes AD.

Maybe he is a Le Pew and I just didn't notice it.

Gina
07-14-2012, 10:12 PM
Whaaa??? Everyone likes AD.

Maybe he is a Le Pew and I just didn't notice it.

http://www.picgifs.com//graphics/s/stupid/graphics-stupid-818326.gif

Tee hee.

Odysseus
07-14-2012, 10:48 PM

Priebus and Blitzer didn't say anything about Bachmann or Gingrich. That was the LA Times columnist, whose treatment of the story is a textbook example of liberal bias. I think that West's bringing race into this was a bit of a stretch, but not compared to the way that Democrats shuffle the race card deck whenever they have the opportunity.

And, given the way that Democrats promote dependency, he has a point about them enslaving people on the entitlements plantation. If you disagree, feel free to make the case to the contrary.

But like I said, sauce for the goose.

The piece mentioned them, but neither Blitzer, Priebus nor West did. It was the LAT columnist who brought them into it, and they were as irrelevant to the story as they are to this discussion.

Gina
07-14-2012, 11:26 PM
Americans, liberals especially, need to get real about the history of slavery. Yes it is a horrible thing and I wish we as a country had never participated in it. We didn't invent it though. It was around longggg before America. And black people aren't the only race to have ever been slaves.

The fact that it's still such a big part of politics shows that we haven't grown up yet as a nation. I know there's hope though, because (in view of pre-feminism) I forgive men for the bad things they did to women although I'm not a feminist either. But they didn't do those things to me. People with a history of slavery in America are still ticked about it as if it had been done to them personally. How to get past it is the question.

Retread
07-15-2012, 10:50 AM
What continually fails to be recognized is that slavery existed in NA long before the white man arrived and that the white men had white slaves shortly after they arrived.

The aggressive Amerind tribes took slaves from other tribes as an SOP and Euro criminals were frequently sentenced into slavery. If it weren't for one African tribe warring on another and taking slaves as a part of the raiding, no black slaves would have been in NA.