PDA

View Full Version : The Episcopal Church just got more liberal

Retread
07-11-2012, 07:38 PM
"The House of Deputies has passed legislation stating that "gender identity and expression" would not be barriers to ordained ministry. Considering that and the fact that the church's canons were also altered to included transsexual categories alongside gender, race, and sexual orientation as protected status, Jeff Walton of The Institute on Religion & Democracy tells OneNewsNow (http://www.onenewsnow.com/Church/Default.aspx?id=1629148) the already liberal policies within the Episcopal denomination have become more liberal."

Rockntractor
07-11-2012, 07:46 PM
I think their attitude is God is just going to have to get with the program.

Odysseus
07-11-2012, 07:59 PM
If they move any further to the left, they'll be celebrating the stations of the hammer and sickle.

Wibbins
07-12-2012, 12:02 AM
I have no problem with transvestite's, I have a problem with transgendered people saying they "feel" like the other gender... gender is not something you can change sorry pal

noonwitch
07-12-2012, 09:45 AM
I have no problem with transvestite's, I have a problem with transgendered people saying they "feel" like the other gender... gender is not something you can change sorry pal

It's called Gender Identity Disorder, in the DSM. At least for now. It'll probably be removed in the upcoming DSM 5.

I think cross-dressing is a positive way to deal with it. Surgery is permanent and the transexuals I have met are not as happy with their lives as the transvestites are.