PDA

View Full Version : NAACP OFFICIAL: Romney ‘RIGGED CROWD’ By Having Blacks ‘FLOWN IN’

Carol
07-12-2012, 10:05 AM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002935015)

Segami (3,534 posts)

NAACP OFFICIAL: Romney ‘RIGGED CROWD’ By Having Blacks ‘FLOWN IN’

" The director to the NAACP’s Washington Bureau revealed on Thursday that GOP hopeful Mitt Romney had conservative African Americans “flown in” to the 103rd convention of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People to make it appear that he had more support than he really did.

During an interview with Fox News host Neil Cavuto, Romney said that he had met with a “number of African American leaders” after his NAACP speech and they told him “a lot of folks” were disappointed in President Barack Obama. On Wednesday night, MSNBC host Ed Schultz asked NAACP Washington Bureau Director Hilary Shelton which “African American leaders” Romney was referring to.

“The campaign actually gave me a list of African American VIPs that they brought in to the NAACP meeting,” Shelton explained. “So, I’m sure those are the one they set down with because, quite frankly, none of the rank-and-file NAACPers met with him.” “He’s talking about African American Republican politicians that were actually brought in — flown in — to the NAACP convention in Houston, Texas to be there for the alone,” he added.

“That means that Mitt Romney rigged the crowd to support him there so he could go on TV and say, ‘You know, actually I got a lot of support among African American leaders,’” Schultz noted. “Apparently, that’s what the case is,” Shelton agreed. “They are bringing people in that they know will support his agenda from other places that aren’t active with the NAACP. These are people that were actually brought in to provide the cheering for him so there will be some support for him along those lines.”

While Romney did receive some sparse cheers and applause during the speech, the loudest reaction came when the crowd booed him for vowing to repeal “Obamacare.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/07/12/naacp-official-romney-rigged-crowd-by-having-blacks-flown-in/
So just what are they saying here? That a black person who is a conservative doesn't count as a black person and so the fact that some black people do support him is false? That a black person who supports Romney can't go to hear his speech at the NAACP and be counted as a supporter?

Or is it that the Obama cheerleading squad of the racist...."we vote for Obama because he's black like us" rush to mitigate the fact that some blacks are NOT still enamoured with Obama and more of them might vote for Romney.

Wibbins
07-12-2012, 10:08 AM
“That means that Mitt Romney rigged the crowd to support him there so he could go on TV and say, ‘You know, actually I got a lot of support among African American leaders,’” Schultz noted. “Apparently, that’s what the case is,” Shelton agreed. “They are bringing people in that they know will support his agenda from other places that aren’t active with the NAACP. These are people that were actually brought in to provide the cheering for him so there will be some support for him along those lines.”

The funny thing is that they're saying that flying in black conservative leaders doesn't equal "black leaders", it wasn't black leaders of X State, it was just black leaders.

Zeus
07-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Black people at a NAACP convention, Whoda Thunk :rolleyes:

Hubie
07-12-2012, 11:18 AM
The campaign actually gave me a list of African American VIPs that they brought in to the NAACP meeting,” Shelton explained.

So............ where's the list? Can we see it so we can verify with the people named on it that they were "flown in" on Romney's order?

Gina
07-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Wow, the faux racism DU (and others) invent to protect Obama is making them paranoid. :lemo:

Hubie
07-12-2012, 02:19 PM
But busing in pro-union/anti-Walker protesters to Wisconsin is a-ok. :thumbsup:

NJCardFan
07-12-2012, 05:25 PM
But busing in pro-union/anti-Walker protesters to Wisconsin is a-ok. :thumbsup:

Do I really have to explain it to you?

Hubie
07-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Do I really have to explain it to you?

Come again?

NJCardFan
07-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Come again?

I guess I have to explain it to you then. See, if it furthers the left wing agenda then it's OK, however, if the other side does it, it's an abomination.

Hubie
07-12-2012, 10:40 PM
I guess I have to explain it to you then. See, if it furthers the left wing agenda then it's OK, however, if the other side does it, it's an abomination.

Isn't that what I alluded to? :victorious: