PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney 'deliberately got booed by the NAACP to appeal to white racists'

txradioguy
07-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Nancy Pelosi, Democratic Leader in the House of Representatives, told Bloomberg Television: I think it was a calculated move on his part to get booed at the NAACP convention.'

Discussing the speech on his 'Last Word' show with Goldie Taylor, a liberal writer and commentator, MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell highlighted 'the Southern strategy that Republicans have used since [President Richard] Nixon and started a little bit before that, where there`s actually an almost overt sometimes appeal to racial and racist voting.'

He then asked: 'And tell me, Goldie, if I`m being too cynical, to think that the Romney campaign actually went in that room today with the hope of getting booed, at least three times, because they want the video of their candidate being booed by the NAACP to play in certain racist precincts where that will actually help them?'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2172593/Mitt-Romney-deliberately-got-booed-NAACP-appeal-white-racists.html#ixzz20QcSwLZl

Gina
07-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Nancy Pelosi, Democratic Leader in the House of Representatives, told Bloomberg Television: I think

That's where she made her mistake. :smile-new:

Hubie
07-12-2012, 10:36 PM
The "race card" isn't dead. It's been zombified.

Gina
07-12-2012, 11:52 PM
Pelosi would have said Romney was racist if he DIDN'T go to the meeting. Damned if you do and all that.

I don't think racists would be impressed by Romney going to give a speech at the NAACP even if he got booed. More likely they'd call him an N lover and such. People like Pelosi are grasping at straws.

Apache
07-13-2012, 12:09 AM
After three years of tossing that term around incessently, it has its sting and all meaning...

AmPat
07-13-2012, 08:03 AM
because they want the video of their candidate being booed by the NAACP to play in certain racist precincts where that will actually help them?'So tell us O Dumbell, where are those precincts???:rolleyes:

Rebel Yell
07-13-2012, 09:16 AM
because they want the video of their candidate being booed by the NAACP to play in certain racist precincts where that will actually help them?'
Yeah, because if they didn't have video of him getting booed by the NAACP, those racists would vote for the black guy.

NJCardFan
07-13-2012, 10:35 AM
Yeah, because if they didn't have video of him getting booed by the NAACP, those racists would vote for the black guy.

The jokes seem to write themselves don't they?