PDA

View Full Version : Obama pulling back into lead

Eyelids
09-19-2008, 12:58 PM
The economy has been a stake through McCain's heart.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5ieXw28ZUpg/SNLMVtT9k3I/AAAAAAAAADU/C_9inW_ZSH8/S1600-R/0918_super.png

On the strength of an abundance of state and national polling, Barack Obama has retaken the lead in our Electoral College projection. Our model now forecasts him to win the election 61.2 percent of the time; it also gives him a slight, half-point advantage in the popular vote. Yesterday, Obama was projected to win the Electoral College just 45 percent of the time, so this is a rather dramatic move upward.

Indiana is probably a tie right now, it's bouncing between Obama +3 and McCain +3 nearly poll-to-poll.

The real tale will come at 2 PM ET when Gallup releases its daily tracking poll, if Obama builds on his already legit margin there its sending a pretty obvious message. What genuinely shocks me is how quickly Obama is transitioning a national lead into victories in state polling (IN is now up for grabs), it might be that Obama has better ground people or Palin's eroding favorability numbers are being slammed up against the wall.

Eyelids
09-19-2008, 01:04 PM
You know McCain's little run for a week or so there is a good thing, because most of you can't say polls are worthless anymore.

LibraryLady
09-19-2008, 01:04 PM
Gallup is already out 49-44

I am not worried - Obama looks horrible on the economy.

lacarnut
09-19-2008, 01:08 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5ieXw28ZUpg/SNLMVtT9k3I/AAAAAAAAADU/C_9inW_ZSH8/S1600-R/0918_super.png

Indiana is probably a tie right now, it's bouncing between Obama +3 and McCain +3 nearly poll-to-poll.

The real tale will come at 2 PM ET when Gallup releases its daily tracking poll, if Obama builds on his already legit margin there its sending a pretty obvious message. What genuinely shocks me is how quickly Obama is transitioning a national lead into victories in state polling (IN is now up for grabs), it might be that Obama has better ground people or Palin's eroding favorability numbers are being slammed up against the wall.

Dream on sucker. McCain is going to win PA & NJ and the race will be over. FYI, I don't believe the polls whomever they favor.

Eyelids
09-19-2008, 01:09 PM
Gallup is already out 49-44

I am not worried - Obama looks horrible on the economy.

Consider Sarah Palin irrelevant now. Thank god.

And voters perception of McCain is George Bush III, and since many people think George Bush II got us into this mess I doubt the rest of the country shares your views. What you, throughout your many years of laying around doing nothing, have failed to realize is it doesn't matter who is right and wrong... its how many people you can convince.

Eyelids
09-19-2008, 01:09 PM
FYI, I don't believe the polls whomever they favor.

You weren't saying that when McCain was ahead. However briefly that was.

megimoo
09-19-2008, 01:11 PM

Dream on boy .It's over, he's toast !The balloons have all deflated and America can see him as he really is .

A Commie,American hating,lefty,Over Educated,Thugish street punk from the Chicago slums with an equally Anti-American over privileged whining wife .

LibraryLady
09-19-2008, 01:11 PM
Catholics and Jews are leaving obama like crazy. All bets are off.

Eyelids
09-19-2008, 01:12 PM
Catholics and Jews are leaving obama like crazy. All bets are off.

I think Hispanics make up most of hte Catholics in this country and they support Obama about 60-40. America is like 1% Jewish, and most of them live in the north side of Chicago.

LibraryLady
09-19-2008, 01:18 PM
As Barack Obama and John McCain battle for the Hispanic vote, a leading Latino backer of Hillary Clinton is crossing party lines to support the Republican presidential nominee.

In an interview Thursday, Miguel D. Lausell, a Puerto Rican businessman and longtime Democratic activist and fund-raiser, came out for Sen. McCain. While he said he doesn't agree with all the policy positions of the Republican candidate and his running mate, Sarah Palin, Mr. Lausell added: "I find McCain to be a sound person and a man with a track record. I know where he is coming from." Mr. Lausell had been a major backer of Bill Clinton and served as a senior political adviser to Sen. Clinton's unsuccessful bid this year for the Democratic presidential nomination.

Mr. Lausell said he feels Sen. Obama "doesn't really regard the Hispanic community as important."

Lots of people are going to listen to him.

One year ago:

9/19/2007

Clinton Campaign Welcomes Miguel D. Lausell as a Senior Political Advisor

Washington DC The Clinton Campaign today announced that Miguel D. Lausell will serve as a Senior Political Advisor to the campaign on a variety of issues including international trade, telecommunications, and Latino affairs.

As a leader in the Puerto Rican community, Miguel D. Lausell has a background in international trade, environmental issues and telecommunications.

Mr. Lausell has served in many capacities including President and CEO of the Puerto Rico Telephone Company; Executive Director of the Puerto Rico Telephone Authority; a member of the Governor of Puerto Rico's Economic Strategic Council; President of the Export Policy Commission of Puerto Rico; and Undersecretary of the Department of the Treasury of Puerto Rico. He also has served as Chairman of PonceBank, a multi-billion dollar institution in Puerto Rico.

In addition, Mr. Lausell serves on various boards and committees, including the Export Policy Commission of the Economic Development Council of Puerto Rico, the National Business and Industry Advisory Council of the Emergency Broadcast System, the United States Telephone Association, and formerly the Conservation Trust of Puerto Rico. Mr. Lausell was also the first Hispanic to serve on the Board of Directors of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation.

Active in national and local politics, Mr. Lausell served on the National Finance Board of the Gore 2000 Committee and served as a member of the Democratic National Committee's Leadership 2000 Board.

Eyelids
09-19-2008, 01:19 PM
I cant wait to see the effect this has on the polls! Oh no...

The PUMA's are the PUMA's, they wont be adding any new member and they wont be losing any current members. They are fanatics and probably dont take well to outsiders anyways.

GrumpyOldLady
09-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Consider Sarah Palin irrelevant now.
That's highly premature. Especially considering the Big-Mouth Joe and Govenor Palin haven't had the Vice Presidential debates yet.

Thank god.
God has very little to do with Obama hoodwinking poor dumb Americans.

GrumpyOldLady
09-19-2008, 01:25 PM
I think Hispanics make up most of hte Catholics in this country and they support Obama .

catholic democraphics (http://www.adherents.com/largecom/com_romcath.html)
Not so.

BTW - Obama recently QUIETLY released an ad in SPANISH and it is being played on the Spanish channels. It is full of lies and RACISM. Info here (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/09/18/mccain_camp_decries_obama_span.html)

Many are calling on Obama to apologize to the latino community because his ad is so full of lies and he assumes the spanish speaking people are too stupid to see through them.

obama also makes the 'us v white people' theme very strong in the ads.

RACISM by Obama. Again.

ralph wiggum
09-19-2008, 01:26 PM
America is like 1% Jewish, and most of them live in the north side of Chicago.

Apparently you've never heard of New York City and its suburbs, as well as Florida. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LibraryLady
09-19-2008, 01:32 PM
A poll released today by the Siena Research Institute shows a surprising result among Jewish voters, who have largely voted Democrat in national elections.

The Siena Poll of New York likely voters is really going to upset the tummies of the Democrat Party, if they have any sense at all.

The issue would be Sen. John McCain garnering 57% of the New York Jewish favorable view and Mr Obama getting a miserable 38% favorable rating.

That is not good news for the Obama/Biden camp

The Jewish vote really shouldn't be able to make much of a difference in the total electoral process, but it does tend to do so. Jews make up approximately 2% of the US population, but also have the ability to swing quite a few of the states in which they make up a larger percentage of the population. New York and Pennsylvania are two of those states according to Jeffrey S. Helmreich at Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs (JPCA)

One other not so surprising statistic which came from the poll shows 50% of Jewish voters consider John McCain very qualified while only 18% of the Jewish respondents believed Obama to be very qualified.

blinky lives in a vacuum.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/259962

megimoo
09-19-2008, 01:34 PM
I think Hispanics make up most of hte Catholics in this country and they support Obama about 60-40. America is like 1% Jewish, and most of them live in the north side of Chicago.

You are such a liberal Boy Chew toy.

Roman Catholicism in the United States has grown dramatically over the country's history, from being a tiny minority faith during the time of the Thirteen Colonies to being the country's largest profession of faith today.

With 76.9 million residents professing the faith in 2003,
As of 2001, approximately 24.5% of Americans identified themselves as Roman Catholic; this accounts for roughly 32% of American Christians.

Thats's over 20 million Roman Catholics alone .The Hispanic illegal wave of Catholics are new !

The main source of Roman Catholics in the United States was the huge numbers of European immigrants of the 19th and early 20th centuries. These huge numbers of immigrant Catholics came from Ireland, Southern Germany, Italy, Poland and Eastern Europe. Substantial numbers of Catholics also came from French Canada during the mid-19th century and settled in New England. Since then, there has been cross-fertilization of the Catholic population as members of historically Catholic groups converted to various Protestant faiths, and vice-versa, with Catholics of (usually partial) English, Scottish, north German, Norwegian, or Swedish descent not uncommon.

GrumpyOldLady
09-19-2008, 01:34 PM
If I were Jewish ,there would be no way I'd want Obama - and his connections to Rev. WRight, Farrakhan, Libya, and Hamas - to be anywhere near the Oval Office.

megimoo
09-19-2008, 01:41 PM
If I were Jewish ,there would be no way I'd want Obama - and his connections to Rev. WRight, Farrakhan, Libya, and Hamas - to be anywhere near the Oval Office.
Jews vote for someone with a name like B Hussein Obama ,I think not !Not in New York State,Florida or retired American Jews living in Israel !

Eyelids
09-19-2008, 03:05 PM
Do you guys really expect the Jewish vote to swing a state like IL or NY?

xavierob82
09-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Jews vote for someone with a name like B Hussein Obama ,I think not !Not in New York State,Florida or retired American Jews living in Israel !

What planet do you live on? Jewish-Americans in New York City and it's surrounding suburbs and in Chicagoland are some of the most left-wing demographics in America, and will vote for Obama overwhelmingly in November. They are also very secular and very anti-Republican.

lacarnut
09-19-2008, 03:22 PM
What planet do you live on? Jewish-Americans in New York City and it's surrounding suburbs and in Chicagoland are some of the most left-wing demographics in America, and will vote for Obama overwhelmingly in November. They are also very secular and very anti-Republican.

Did it ever occur to you that they might stay home and not vote? McCain will get a higher % of Jewish votes than Bush did. With McCain gaining on Obama in states like WI, MN, PA, NJ and a comfortable margin in FL, it is going to be a blow out for McCain.

LibraryLady
09-19-2008, 03:24 PM
mr.Ktown did you read the thread? No. of curse not.

One other not so surprising statistic which came from the poll shows 50% of Jewish voters consider John McCain very qualified while only 18% of the Jewish respondents believed Obama to be very qualified.

A poll released today by the Siena Research Institute shows a surprising result among Jewish voters, who have largely voted Democrat in national elections.

The Siena Poll of New York likely voters is really going to upset the tummies of the Democrat Party, if they have any sense at all.

The issue would be Sen. John McCain garnering 57% of the New York Jewish favorable view and Mr Obama getting a miserable 38% favorable rating.

That is not good news for the Obama/Biden camp

Eyelids
09-19-2008, 03:37 PM

How about NY and Chicagoland are two of the most liberal places in America in general? Obama has a better chance of winning Texas with the latino vote than McCain has of winning NY and IL with the Jewish vote.

Full-Auto
09-19-2008, 03:55 PM
What cracks me up is that Obama is losing ground in Washington DC. DC is a predominately Black district that in 2004 voted 90% Kerry and 9% Bush. Obama is now 82% and McCain is 13%. If Obama was such a strong candidate, it would be something over 90% in his favor there.

:eek:

Eyelids
09-19-2008, 03:59 PM
He has like an 80 point margin in DC, I mean seriously.

ralph wiggum
09-19-2008, 04:18 PM
America is like 1% Jewish, and most of them live in the north side of Chicago.

Just to clarify a few points, most of which you are entirely wrong about:

The most recent large scale population survey, released in the 2006 American Jewish Yearbook population survey estimates place the number of American Jews at 6.4 million, or approximately 2.1% of the total population. This figure is significantly higher than the previous large scale survey estimate, conducted by the 2000–2001 National Jewish Population estimates, which estimated 5.2 million Jews. A 2007 study released by the Steinhardt Social Research Institute (SSRI) at Brandeis University presents evidence to suggest that both of these figures may be underestimations with a potential 7.0-7.4 million Americans of Jewish decent.[13] Jews in the U.S. settled largely in and near the major cities. The Ashkenazi Jews, who are now the vast majority of American Jews, settled first in the Northeast and Midwest but in recent decades increasingly in the South and West. In descending order, the metropolitan areas with the highest Jewish populations are New York City (3,750,000), Miami (535,000), Los Angeles (490,000), Philadelphia (285,000), Chicago (265,000), San Francisco (210,000), Boston (208,000), and Baltimore-Washington (165,000). Although New York is the second largest Jewish population center in the world, after the Gush Dan metropolitan area in Israel[6], the Miami metropolitan area has a slightly greater Jewish population on a per-capita basis (9.9% compared to metropolitan New York's 9.3%).

LINK (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Americans)

Yeah, it's Wiki, but it has the most current data.

Lager
09-19-2008, 04:38 PM
How about NY and Chicagoland are two of the most liberal places in America in general? Obama has a better chance of winning Texas with the latino vote than McCain has of winning NY and IL with the Jewish vote.

There's no way Chicago is one of the most liberal places in America. I'll grant you it's not exactly a conservative mecca. And yes, Obama will carry the city, but you need to get away from downtown and into the neighborhoods. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Rebel Yell
09-19-2008, 04:50 PM
Yay!!!!!!!!! Obama Takes the lead in another meaningless poll!!!!!!!!!!

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii59/Cane_Nation/blackhump3kg2.gif

asdf2231
09-19-2008, 07:41 PM
He has like an 80 point margin in DC, I mean seriously.

You follow trends little boy, not polls.

BadCat
09-19-2008, 07:45 PM
You follow trends little boy, not polls.

And I think he takes drugs...via enema.

Elspeth
09-19-2008, 09:21 PM
I think Obama still is winning in Europe. :)

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm239/spectral_music/smiley-1.gif

d_va
09-19-2008, 09:32 PM
I think Hispanics make up most of hte Catholics in this country and they support Obama about 60-40.

Yes indeed, I've seen him reach out to Hispanics quite passionately. I'll never forget this event a few weeks ago in Miami.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ityEgXvVBf4

AmPat
09-19-2008, 10:03 PM
Do you guys really expect the Jewish vote to swing a state like IL or NY?

We expect the Jewish vote to influence much more than Jews. The finances alone are influencial. Don't forget that the polls don't necessarily relect opinions of voters. I have no evidence to support this but I suspect the 2% Jewish population has an inordinant population of actual voters come election day.

Many of the DIMS/LIBS are merely uneducated, opinionated, ignorant, and politically unsophisticated sorts who screech long and often, yet fail to vote. :rolleyes:(Yeah, I borrowed heavily from Uh-Bama)

These same DIMS/LIBS won't vote when they realize that they have to actually register and show-up at a voting station. Too much lost Cheeto eating time.:cool:

jinxmchue
09-19-2008, 10:35 PM
Folks, remember this is Eyelids, who is an idiot and a dishonest piece of garbage. Here's the site where his information came from (which he conveniently failed to cite):

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com

And who does the person who runs this website support? Take a wild guess. Clue: it ain't Milton Burl.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2008/03/frequently-asked-questions-last-revised.html

What is your political affiliation? My state has non-partisan registration, so I am not registered as anything. I vote for Democratic candidates the majority of the time (though by no means always). This year, I have been a supporter of Barack Obama. The other contributor to this website, Sean, has also been a supporter of Barack Obama.

Why, imagine that. And they're based in that bastion of election reliability: Chicago.

BDMcGee
09-19-2008, 11:30 PM
Many of the DIMS/LIBS are merely uneducated, opinionated, ignorant, and politically unsophisticated sorts who screech long and often, yet fail to vote. :rolleyes:(Yeah, I borrowed heavily from Uh-Bama)

They don't have time to vote, they're too busy bitterly clinging to their little red books and their cheetos.

Eyelids
09-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Folks, remember this is Eyelids, who is an idiot and a dishonest piece of garbage. Here's the site where his information came from (which he conveniently failed to cite):

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com

And who does the person who runs this website support? Take a wild guess. Clue: it ain't Milton Burl.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2008/03/frequently-asked-questions-last-revised.html

Why, imagine that. And they're based in that bastion of election reliability: Chicago.

538 has been cited by gator and LibraryLady too.

Eyelids
09-20-2008, 01:51 PM
http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/ln1rrppsu0w54lkv3eld_g.gif

Obama up by 6 points in the Gallup. Rasmussen still shows a statistical tie with Obama +1.

Eyelids
09-20-2008, 02:02 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3213/2870457335_209c03a1e9_o.png

PoliCon
09-20-2008, 05:18 PM
Well Blinky is posting polls again. I know that I need not bother reading it to know what it claims. Too bad he's still not realize that we just don't care about polls. They don't matter. The only poll that matters is first tuesday in november

OwlMBA
09-20-2008, 05:22 PM
I almost want Barack to win. We already have two liberals running, may as well let the most liberal of the two win so he can preside over the coming Recession and get blamed for it.

PoliCon
09-20-2008, 07:04 PM
I almost want Barack to win. We already have two liberals running, may as well let the most liberal of the two win so he can preside over the coming Recession and get blamed for it.Just one problem - who ever is president next - will get to name two maybe three supreme court justices.

OwlMBA
09-20-2008, 07:06 PM
Just one problem - who ever is president next - will get to name two maybe three supreme court justices.

Good point!

And I was being facetious. I have a lot of time (and money) invested in making sure that worthless douche doesn't get within 100 yards of the white house.

Scarlet
09-21-2008, 12:46 AM
Just one problem - who ever is president next - will get to name two maybe three supreme court justices.

So scary!:eek:
________
Dc Medical Marijuana (http://dc.dispensaries.org/)

Eyelids
09-21-2008, 03:33 AM

Good luck getting your abortion bullshit overturned!

PoliCon
09-21-2008, 09:10 AM
Good luck getting your abortion bullshit overturned!You are such a DUMBASS. I'm not a one issue person like you guys on the left are. What I want is justices that make rulings based on the constitution rather than on public opinion, their own personal agendas, or on europeon precedents. We need to be free of a court that twists what is written to suit their ends - and from a court that legislates from the bench.

Goldwater
09-21-2008, 11:02 AM
You are such a DUMBASS. I'm not a one issue person like you guys on the left are. What I want is justices that make rulings based on the constitution rather than on public opinion, their own personal agendas, or on europeon precedents. We need to be free of a court that twists what is written to suit their ends - and from a court that legislates from the bench.

Europe actually generally has more conservative abortion laws, Roe vs Wade was a bunch of judges who wanted to be doctors failing.

megimoo
09-21-2008, 12:25 PM
Europe actually generally has more conservative abortion laws, Roe vs Wade was a bunch of judges who wanted to be doctors failing.

Yea like in the Uk where it's legal up to the end of the ninth month !

LibraryLady
09-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Look at AP's "unbiased" headline on this story:

Poll: McCain has slight lead in Ohio over Obama (http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iQ6hbgaL2XlahATWlfowQVOZzJHQD93B5V100)

By The Associated Press 1 hour ago

THE POLL: The Ohio Newspaper Poll, presidential race, likely Ohio voters (20 electoral votes).

THE NUMBERS: John McCain 48 percent, Barack Obama 42 percent.

OF INTEREST: Almost half of Ohio voters, or 47 percent, say they are worse off than four years ago. About one-third, 34 percent, said they were the same, while 19 percent said they were better off. The candidates have lined up support within their own party, with 85 percent of Republicans saying they would vote for McCain and 81 percent of Democrats in favor of Obama. Obama has the edge among independent voters, 38 percent to 33 percent for McCain, with 19 percent still undecided.

PoliCon
09-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Europe actually generally has more conservative abortion laws, Roe vs Wade was a bunch of judges who wanted to be doctors failing.I don't care what europeon laws are - that's the point.

Troll
09-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Good point!

And I was being facetious. I have a lot of time (and money) invested in making sure that worthless douche doesn't get within 100 yards of the white house.

Didn't you also say at the old CU that you would eat the following Sunday's NYT if Obama became president also? :D

Eyelids
09-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Didn't you also say at the old CU that you would eat the following Sunday's NYT if Obama became president also? :D

Oh man I want pictures.