PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes I Question Rush's Sanity

NJCardFan
07-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Rush is kind of perturbed in the choice of villain in the upcoming Dark Knight Rises movie. Rush on his show said that it was a liberal propaganda tactic to have a villain named Bane linking it to Romney's old company Bain Capital. Rush, um, they chose Bane as the villain long before Romney started campaigning.

JB
07-19-2012, 12:43 PM
Call him up and tell him it was originally supposed to be Dressage.

linda22003
07-19-2012, 12:58 PM
I don't have the most respect for Rush's intelligence and the things he chooses to "go off" on, but when I first heard about this I was convinced it was from The Onion. It couldn't be real. But it was. :cool:

AmPat
07-19-2012, 01:04 PM
I don't have the most respect for Rush's intelligence and the things he chooses to "go off" on, but when I first heard about this I was convinced it was from The Onion. It couldn't be real. But it was. :cool:
I wonder other than your own, whose intelligence do you respect?

txradioguy
07-19-2012, 01:07 PM

The reflection in her mirror.

linda22003
07-19-2012, 01:09 PM

People who don't make knee jerk, off the cuff remarks without knowing what they're talking about. "Bane"/"Bain" is ridiculous.

txradioguy
07-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Given how the idiots in Hollywood have changed up G.I. Joe and taken shots at capitalism and America in other movies why wouldn't they pick Bane as the villain in an election year.

Doesn't help that Josh Whedon just went off on an anti-capitalist rant.

linda22003
07-19-2012, 01:10 PM
The reflection in her mirror.

He said "other than my own". See, the reflection would still be me. Hope that explains it for you. :smile-new:

Bailey
07-19-2012, 01:14 PM

Tell it to the man who could buy you and both money and power a 100x over (or much more) not to mention he makes more sense then you do on most days. He can have a off day or two.

Rockntractor
07-19-2012, 01:16 PM
they chose Bane as the villain long before Romney started campaigning.

When did they chose Bane for the name?

Odysseus
07-19-2012, 01:35 PM

Bane is a Batman villain from the comics, and has been for several years. A "bane" is something that is toxic or repellent, such as wolfsbane, which supposedly poisons or repels wolves.

MountainMan
07-19-2012, 01:38 PM
You all know this was first mentioned by an Obama campaign staffer about three days ago on Drudge, right? Rush was commenting on it, that was all.

MountainMan
07-19-2012, 01:40 PM
When did they chose Bane for the name? They chose Bane because Pigman was busy.

Bane info (http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Bane)

jediab
07-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Bane is a Batman villain from the comics, and has been for several years. A "bane" is something that is toxic or repellent, such as wolfsbane, which supposedly poisons or repels wolves.

Bane made first appearance in Batman: Vengeance of Bane #1 (January 1993).

JB
07-19-2012, 01:45 PM
You all know this was first mentioned by an Obama campaign staffer about three days ago on Drudge, right? Rush was commenting on it, that was all.Explain it some more.

So Bane has been around for a while. Are you saying that a Barry drone tried to run with the Bane thing as a "point at Mitt and laugh" thing? And that Rush was commenting on that and not that Rush was wearing the tinfoil regarding the Bane name?

Or not?

MountainMan
07-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Explain it some more.

So Bane has been around for a while. Are you saying that a Barry drone tried to run with the Bane thing as a "point at Mitt and laugh" thing? And that Rush was commenting on that and not that Rush was wearing the tinfoil regarding the Bane name?

Or not?

http://mychinaconnection.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg

JB
07-19-2012, 01:53 PM
...OK. That changes things then.

I need to read more comics. Look at all this socio-political-cultural stuff I am missing out on. :biggrin-new:

MountainMan
07-19-2012, 01:54 PM
This week, the Obama campaign went gaga for Batman. Sure, The Dark Knight Rises is coming out on Friday – and sure, it’ll make a fortune. Any competent campaign would be eager to tie their campaign to the popularity of Batman.

But the Obama campaign doesn’t really get Batman.

How do we know? Well, they tried to exploit Batman in two ways. First, they tried to suggest that Bain Capital, Mitt Romney’s old hedge fund, was evil … just like the villain in the new Batman movie, who happens to be named Bane. “It has been observed that movies can reflect the national mood,” Democratic advisor Christopher Lehane told the Washington Examiner. “Whether it is spelled Bain and being put out by the Obama campaign or Bane and being out by Hollywood, the narratives are similar: a highly intelligent villain with offshore interests and a past both are seeking to cover up who had a powerful father and is set on pillaging society.

Link (http://frontpagemag.com/2012/ben-shapiro/obama-camp-claims-hes-batman/)

Gina
07-19-2012, 03:08 PM
I Outed the Democrats on Batman Plans (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/07/19/i_outed_the_democrats_on_batman_plans)

Rush explains it best.

Rockntractor
07-19-2012, 03:53 PM
From what I've read posted here Rush seems perfectly sane as usual.

Gina
07-19-2012, 04:05 PM
From what I've read posted here Rush seems perfectly sane as usual.

Um, sane rhymes with bane. Are you trying to start something!?

:friendly_wink:

Adam Wood
07-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Call him up and tell him it was originally supposed to be Dressage.Now that's funny. I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

NJCardFan
07-19-2012, 11:14 PM

1993 in Knightfall (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Knightfall#Knightfall).

NJCardFan
07-19-2012, 11:19 PM
I Outed the Democrats on Batman Plans (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/07/19/i_outed_the_democrats_on_batman_plans)

Rush explains it best.

I just read the transcript and as usual, the left went over the edge by pigeon holing and gleaning what they want from his comments.

AmPat
07-20-2012, 01:36 PM
People who don't make knee jerk, off the cuff remarks without knowing what they're talking about. "Bane"/"Bain" is ridiculous.
I see. A one-off, knee jerk comment is proof of IQ. Got it.:rolleyes:

linda22003
07-20-2012, 01:48 PM
I see. A one-off, knee jerk comment is proof of IQ. Got it.:rolleyes:

Not the only proof. An indicator. :rolleyes:

AmPat
07-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Not the only proof. An indicator. :rolleyes:
It is your belief then that Rush's comment is sufficient to question his overall IQ? More than 20 years of comments and accurate analysis of liberal gas-baggery pales in comparison to that comment.

You sure are a tough sell.