PDA

View Full Version : Return of a Weiner?

Rockntractor
07-19-2012, 07:57 PM
By R. Emmett Tyrrell, Jr. on 7.19.12 @ 6:09AM

A former House member ponders a return to prominence.

WASHINGTON -- I see that the stalwarts of Reform Politics throughout the city of New York have been given reason for hope and change. It is reported that former congressman Anthony D. Weiner (pronounced as you might expect) is testing the waters for a return to public life. He is mulling over a run for the mayor's mansion or perhaps a campaign for "public advocate." I am not really sure what a public advocate does, but Weiner has done things in public that are very daring and so I have no doubt he could handle the duties of a public advocate.

You will remember that he left the House of Representatives when he was caught handling his private parts in photographs that he sent to women he did not know and repeatedly lying about it to his colleagues and the press. Well, now he is pondering a return to public office. He has been out of, I guess we would call it, the public eye for a little over a year, and as he told WNYC recently, "I paid a very high price…." He has become a stay-at-home dad to his six-month-old son and when he does go out in public he wears jeans, tee shirts, and a baseball hat turned backwards. So he is contemplating another office of public trust. Whatever office he chooses to run for, you can count on his running as a Reformer. He has always been very progressive and was in fact a dreadful scold to the reactionary Republicans on Capitol Hill until those dratted pictures turned up. CNN would not even give him a show on the network, not even a late-night show. CNN gave former governor Eliot Spitzer a show after his imbroglio with a sex ring, but not Weiner.
Read More>http://spectator.org/archives/2012/07/19/return-of-a-weiner
Let's be frank, the weiner won't be coming back!

Hubie
07-19-2012, 11:57 PM
After what he did? That takes balls.

Rockntractor
07-20-2012, 12:00 AM
He is approaching it in a rather Circumspect manner.

Rockntractor
07-20-2012, 12:02 AM
I wonder where he's been hanging out since he lost his job?

Hubie
07-20-2012, 01:48 AM
I'm sure this whole ordeal has been pretty hard-on him.

Odysseus
07-20-2012, 07:25 AM
By R. Emmett Tyrrell, Jr. on 7.19.12 @ 6:09AM

A former House member ponders a return to prominence.

WASHINGTON -- I see that the stalwarts of Reform Politics throughout the city of New York have been given reason for hope and change. It is reported that former congressman Anthony D. Weiner (pronounced as you might expect) is testing the waters for a return to public life. He is mulling over a run for the mayor's mansion or perhaps a campaign for "public advocate." I am not really sure what a public advocate does, but Weiner has done things in public that are very daring and so I have no doubt he could handle the duties of a public advocate.

You will remember that he left the House of Representatives when he was caught handling his private parts in photographs that he sent to women he did not know and repeatedly lying about it to his colleagues and the press. Well, now he is pondering a return to public office. He has been out of, I guess we would call it, the public eye for a little over a year, and as he told WNYC recently, "I paid a very high price…." He has become a stay-at-home dad to his six-month-old son and when he does go out in public he wears jeans, tee shirts, and a baseball hat turned backwards. So he is contemplating another office of public trust. Whatever office he chooses to run for, you can count on his running as a Reformer. He has always been very progressive and was in fact a dreadful scold to the reactionary Republicans on Capitol Hill until those dratted pictures turned up. CNN would not even give him a show on the network, not even a late-night show. CNN gave former governor Eliot Spitzer a show after his imbroglio with a sex ring, but not Weiner.
Read More>http://spectator.org/archives/2012/07/19/return-of-a-weiner
Let's be frank, the weiner won't be coming back!

The NY Post has been having a field day with headlines about Weiner rising.

obx
07-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Maybe he can get Pee Wee Herman and Fred Willard to endorse him.

AmPat
07-20-2012, 01:56 PM
I find this whole fiasco rather lame and his potential return fails to arouse any support. His donations are flaccid at best.