PDA

View Full Version : 14 dead, at least 50 injured in shooting at Colorado movie theater, police say

txradioguy
07-20-2012, 07:00 AM
http://a57.foxnews.com/www.foxnews.com/images/root_images/0/0/072012_movietheater1new_20120720_055429.jpg

URGENT: At least 14 people have been killed and up to 50 injured after a mass shooting at a showing of "The Dark Knight Rises" at a suburban Denver movie theater, police

The violent and chaotic scene erupted about 12:30 a.m. MDT as a gunman stood at the front of one of the Century 16 theaters at the Aurora Mall where the movie "The was playing, police said.

"Witnesses tell us he released some sort of canister. They heard a hissing sound and some gas emerged and the gunman opened fire," Oates said at a news conference.

Police, ambulances and emergency crews swarmed on the scene after frantic calls started flooding the 911 switchboard, officials said.

Officers found the gunman near a car behind the theater.

"A gas mask, rifle, handgun at least one additional weapon (were) found inside" he said.

The suspect was taken into custody, but no name was released. Oates said there's no evidence of any other attackers. There was also no immediate word of any motive.

Earlier reports said there may have been a second shooter, but police believe only one shooter was involved, KDVR tells Fox News.

Witness Hayden Miller told KUSA-TV that he was inside Theater 16 and heard several shots.

"Like little explosions going on and shortly after that we heard people screaming," he told the station.

Hayden said at first he thought it was part of a louder movie next door. But then he saw "people hunched over leaving theater."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/20/several-reportedly-dead-injured-after-shooting-at-colorado-movie-theater/#ixzz219waGpqh

Bailey
07-20-2012, 07:18 AM
Prayers to the family

The world is going nuts :(

SarasotaRepub
07-20-2012, 08:49 AM
So did this moron think he was Bain??? :rolleyes: Fucking POS couldn't even off himself...

Bailey
07-20-2012, 08:55 AM
I pray he isnt in the TP :(

I was over DU and when they found out his name the started looking to see if he was a conservative, sick fucks.

Apache
07-20-2012, 09:31 AM

I was over DU and when they found out his name the started looking to see if he was a conservative, sick fucks.

...and you're surpised, why?

Odysseus
07-20-2012, 10:19 AM
I suspect that we're looking at more of a Jared Loughner type of lone loon, rather than a member of a movement, but it's too early to tell.

JB
07-20-2012, 10:19 AM
And the scumbag didn't whack himself.

txradioguy
07-20-2012, 10:20 AM

My first thought was RofP not TP.

noonwitch
07-20-2012, 11:05 AM
My first thought was RofP not TP.

My first thought was a lone wacko of no particular religious or political affiliation. Because of the location, the first similar situation I thought of was the Columbine shootings.

txradioguy
07-20-2012, 11:09 AM
My first thought was a lone wacko of no particular religious or political affiliation. Because of the location, the first similar situation I thought of was the Columbine shootings.

Sorry. Not so much.

The James Holmes that is in custody is a registered Democrat.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/07/20/Exclusive-Dark-Knight-Shooting-Suspect-James-Holmes-Registered-Democrat

NJCardFan
07-20-2012, 11:45 AM

Chances and history say he will not be. If it's one thing we've learned is that when all the smoke clears, the perp ends up being a leftist wacko. This guy more than likely is such a wacko pissed that people are bothering with a movie at midnight when there is so much pain and suffering in the world. Then there's the Islamic angle which is another possibility. There is a reason why you rarely if ever hear of a conservative/gun nut/etc doing this kind of thing is because at heart people like Tea Partiers are peaceful and only attack when attacked.

Generation Why?
07-20-2012, 11:45 AM
A tragic event, no doubt. But can we please put aside political affiliations for a second. There are good people and bad people on this planet. Everything else is secondary. With that said murder is murder. When a black man kills a black man it's probably Democrat on Democrat. That's irrelevant. Socio-economic standings has more of a role in that. We don't know much about this guy yet other than he is a registered Democrat. Doesn't mean much. George Zimmerman is a registered Democrat, too, I believe, but we easily defend his actions (Me included). Let's gather the facts first because I don't see his political affiliation being a factor here. More importantly, all the best to the people of Aurora.

NJCardFan
07-20-2012, 11:51 AM
A tragic event, no doubt. But can we please put aside political affiliations for a second. There are good people and bad people on this planet. Everything else is secondary. With that said murder is murder. When a black man kills a black man it's probably Democrat on Democrat. That's irrelevant. Socio-economic standings has more of a role in that. We don't know much about this guy yet other than he is a registered Democrat. Doesn't mean much. George Zimmerman is a registered Democrat, too, I believe, but we easily defend his actions (Me included). Let's gather the facts first because I don't see his political affiliation being a factor here. More importantly, all the best to the people of Aurora.

Listen we didn't start the finder pointing. George Snuffalupagus speculated on Good Morning America that the shooter was a Tea Party member because *gasp* there is a Jim Holmes as a registered Tea Partier.

Generation Why?
07-20-2012, 12:01 PM
Listen we didn't start the finder pointing. George Snuffalupagus speculated on Good Morning America that the shooter was a Tea Party member because *gasp* there is a Jim Holmes as a registered Tea Partier.

I understand that George started it. Let it go. There are more imortant things than talking to people with like minded views about it. George is, was, and always will be an idiot. Let him live with that.

Bailey
07-20-2012, 12:03 PM
I understand that George started it. Let it go. There are more imortant things than talking to people with like minded views about it. George is, was, and always will be an idiot. Let him live with that.

No i cant let it "Go", now it has to get out that he wasn't a member of the TP before the sheep start believing the lie, i am sorry those people died but I refuse to let a lie spread farther.

Generation Why?
07-20-2012, 12:07 PM
No i cant let it "Go", now it has to get out that he wasn't a member of the TP before the sheep start believing the lie, i am sorry those people died but I refuse to let a lie spread farther.

1. Word is getting out.
2. Even when it is confirmed that he isn't a member of the Tea Party the "sheep" will continue to believe the lie.

FlaGator
07-20-2012, 12:34 PM
1. Word is getting out.
2. Even when it is confirmed that he isn't a member of the Tea Party the "sheep" will continue to believe the lie.

Libs have the amazing ability to believe anything that fits in to their world view regardless of any facts that dispute it.

Generation Why?
07-20-2012, 01:10 PM
Libs have the amazing ability to believe anything that fits in to their world view regardless of any facts that dispute it.

Moving from North Carolina to an hour south of Seattle, I have noticed this

FlaGator
07-20-2012, 01:41 PM

Seattle huh... you have my sympathy.

linda22003
07-20-2012, 01:44 PM
Sorry. Not so much.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/07/20/Exclusive-Dark-Knight-Shooting-Suspect-James-Holmes-Registered-Democrat

An odd name for your "RofP" assumption....

linda22003
07-20-2012, 01:45 PM
I suspect that we're looking at more of a Jared Loughner type of lone loon, rather than a member of a movement, but it's too early to tell.

Looks like we have a winner. :concern:

noonwitch
07-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Sorry. Not so much.

Being a registered democrat does not negate my theory. Most states make voters register with a party affiliation, these days. It doesn't tell us whether someone is an activist for a specific cause. It's better to do a little more research and see what causes the lunatic is involved with.

I don't remember anyone looking up Scott Roeder's or John Eric Rudolph's voter registrations, but the first was connected to the Montana Freemen and the latter to the Army of God. That tells me more than if they were registered republicans, because I know registered republicans in general don't walk into a church on a Sunday morning and blow away an usher because during the week that usher is an ob/gyn who performs abortions.

Did you see the posters at Freerepublic this morning trying to make a guy named James Holmes whose mother lives in San Diego into an Iranian muslim?

AmPat
07-20-2012, 01:49 PM
1. Word is getting out.
But watch and learn; those same political hack bastards won't apologize nor will they "report" that the murdering A-hole was a CONFIRMED DIMORAT. A fact that will go unreported just as surely as these A-hole political hacks "suggested" that he was a Conservative. These A-holes knew what they were doing. It was as deliberate as the Jared Loughner debacle. It is a DIM strategy pure and simple and it needs exposing whenever they do it.

We should NOT LET IT GO. These A-hole, political hacks need to be exposed for their hypocrisy and shameless negligence and malfeasance as many times as possible so that, and until our stupid/ignorant public stop listening to them.

Odysseus
07-20-2012, 02:04 PM
From Breitbart:

Update (12:49 EDT): Newly-released information on the suspect's birthdate (which, as indicated in our initial report, was a slight mismatch), combined with new details Breitbart News has obtained about the suspect's likely addresses, together suggest that the suspect may, in fact, not have been registered to vote.

My theory is that he is a deranged Julie Newmar fan who thought that Anne Hathaway would be a lame Catwoman.

AmPat
07-20-2012, 02:19 PM
From Breitbart:

Update (12:49 EDT): Newly-released information on the suspect's birthdate (which, as indicated in our initial report, was a slight mismatch), combined with new details Breitbart News has obtained about the suspect's likely addresses, together suggest that the suspect may, in fact, not have been registered to vote.

My theory is that he is a deranged Julie Newmar fan who thought that Anne Hathaway would be a lame Catwoman.
Possibly. However, he is a 24 yo male "student" living in/@ Denver. These facts suggest that his ideology is a liberal kool aid drinker.

Novaheart
07-20-2012, 02:47 PM
Possibly. However, he is a 24 yo male "student" living in/@ Denver. These facts suggest that his ideology is a liberal kool aid drinker.

What would you call someone in grad school (other than "sir")?

Zeus
07-20-2012, 03:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn2cql9LAuU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

uploaded by HolmesCollection (http://www.youtube.com/user/HolmesCollection) on Nov 7, 2011
This is a very heartfelt song, that is meant to inspire love and peace. through all that is being accomplished through the Occupy Wall Street Movement. We will get through this tough time as long as we Keep Love Alive.

MountainMan
07-20-2012, 03:54 PM

Let me guess, you are a Geoduck attending Evergreen State college? If so, that explains a lot.

Generation Why?
07-20-2012, 03:57 PM
Let me guess, you are a Geoduck attending Evergreen State college? If so, that explains a lot.

Not quite. I am a soldier stationed at Lewis-McChord

AmPat
07-20-2012, 03:57 PM
I call most men sir if I respect them. You I'd call DUmbass after knowing you for less than 5 minutes. BTW DUmbass, I've been to grad school and I'm not impressed. Titles and educational levels have and never will impress me. Actions and character are the measure of a man to me.

Generation Why?
07-20-2012, 04:01 PM
But watch and learn; those same political hack bastards won't apologize nor will they "report" that the murdering A-hole was a CONFIRMED DIMORAT. A fact that will go unreported just as surely as these A-hole political hacks "suggested" that he was a Conservative. These A-holes knew what they were doing. It was as deliberate as the Jared Loughner debacle. It is a DIM strategy pure and simple and it needs exposing whenever they do it.

We should NOT LET IT GO. These A-hole, political hacks need to be exposed for their hypocrisy and shameless negligence and malfeasance as many times as possible so that, and until our stupid/ignorant public stop listening to them.

My point is that it is irrelevant because once the Democrats heard the little bit of misinformation they most certainly rolled with it. Regardless of what comes out afterwards it won't change their opinion. Immovable object v Unstopable Force. I understand the intent in trying to clear it up and point out he isn't a radical Conservative, or a regular Conservative for that matter. It is going to fall on deaf ears in the community is all I am saying. I won't waste my breathe trying to explain it to people who won't accept it.

ABC in Georgia
07-20-2012, 09:28 PM
What a day to have company for dinner!

Terrible news from Co. It is heartbreaking to say the least.

Taking short break ... but just want to say one thing on this subject at the moment.

Think it was Rahm Emanuel, who said, "Never let a crisis go to waste."

Have a definite feeling ... more attacks on the second amendment by BO and admin ... coming up real soon! Hopefully not an exec. order to limit or triple price of ammo or whatever else they can come up with..

~ ABC

Elspeth
07-20-2012, 09:55 PM
Some local information: (updated from San Diego UT)

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/jul/20/shooting-suspect-went-to-sd-high-school/

Shooter was from Rancho Peñasquitos, northeast of downtown San Diego on the 15 freeway, not too far from MCIS Miramar.

Rancho Peñasquitos is away from the coast, hot and dry and fire dangers are common. The homes are very pretty and new; there's been lots of new building out there. It is not too far from Rancho Bernardo and Poway, where the Witch fire burned down homes in 2007. It's an upper middle class area for the most part. Shooter's parents live in 2-storey home on the area.

Shooter had attended Westview High School, a relatively new high school. Was a "brilliant science student" but shy.

Shooter had attended UC Riverside (about an hour and a half away up the 15 freeway). Had graduated Phi Beta Kappa in neuroscience. Had gone for a PhD program in neuroscience at U.Colorado.

Shooter voluntarily left PhD program last month--no reason has yet been given.

Shooter lived in building his parents owned in Colorado.

Mother was apparently not surprised that her son had done something like this:

Holmes’ mother was notified about the shooting by a news crew early Friday, according to ABC News.

The mother said she had not been contacted by authorities and immediately expressed concern that her son may have been involved.

“You have the right person,” the mother told ABC News. “I need to call the police,” she added. “I need to fly out to Colorado.”

http://media.utsandiego.com/img/photos/2012/07/20/shooter1_t220.jpg

Some interesting reader comments appear at the bottom of the article:
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/jul/20/shooting-suspect-went-to-sd-high-school/

Giselle Hansen Uffens

Let me shed a little bit of light on our little San Diego Community. I live less than 1 mile from where "James" grew up. My kids attend the same schools he did. 5 months ago, at Westview High School, a group of "popular kids" thought it would be funny to start a hate group against my daughter called the KKK. This stood for "Kill Katie Klub." At least one of the boys involved admitted he started the group to the San Diego Police and told several friends and his father that he feared arrest. Well... do you think this community stood behind my daughter and offered her support? NOPE! Most of this close-knit community felt that I over-reacted by calling the police or even considering that they may really act on harming her. I should just assume that kids here are perfect and their threats are all just funny. Parents in our pretty neighborhood ordered their kids to UN-FRIEND my daughter, because this was too much for them to deal with. The school, Westview, swept this under the rug so fast. Not one single kid even missed a beat.. continued in all their school activities and sports. Nobody here DARES to stand up for what is right. Nobody dares to report behaviors that are "not right." Nobody dares to report anything, including their friends making threats toward others... they think its all funny. When kids have OBVIOUS signs of "ANGER" that can escalate... nobody here acknowledges it. The image of a perfect community is far more important. I do not know this Holmes family. But my experience living in this neighborhood is that people here do NOT want to even consider that kids here could possibly do something like shoot a theater full of people. Everyone pretends their kids are perfect and other kids are just causing "drama" if they don't just take it. SO MANY PEOPLE in my pretty little community coddle their kids to protect their image, to protect their popularity, to protect their family image. They HIDE serious signs... they lie for them... they do everything so they do not face consequences. I for one am NOT shocked at all that James is from my community or that he went to the same High School down the street. IF he had signs growing up... this is the perfect place for nobody to say anything and let him go about his way.

And a reply

Roderick Thompson Swanson

Giselle I am so sorry for what your family, particularly your daughter had to go through. There was a similar situation in Carmel Valley where some parents went to the police because of some threatening behavior from junior high students, all laid out on FB. It involved 2 schools - Earl Warren & Carmel Valley Middle School. The Earl Warren principal was professional and on top of it. Made an example of the kid, and really shook up the students. The CVMS admin wouldn't even acknowledge it happened when contacted by some parents. Even worse is that a few of the parents were angry that the police were involved, and thought it should have been handled between the parents. When you have 3 boys threatening to "kill" and "rape" another jr high student (a male), have set a date and time for the event and then notified over 100 kids on FB of the time and place (many of who have then commented back that they planned to "attend" the event), I believe the police need to be involved. I think parents that choose to look the other way are doing their kids and their community a dis-service. Similiar to your story, it was kept very quiet. No mention was made of the situation in any of the local papers. It would have shed a negative light on our "great" neighborhood/schools. Everyone needs to understand that bullying happens everywhere, regardless of economic status. It's possible that your daughter's story might get some attention now that Westview is in the news. The admin might want to re-think how they handled your daughter's bullys.

Important to acknowledge the community and its propensity to hide the bad acts of its young. This isn't about guns; it's about parents.

Also, a note on the politics: Rancho Peñasquitos is upscale North County San Diego neighborhood with a large, active Republican party. The leading candidate for Mayor of San Diego, Carl DeMaio is a Republican from this basic area (Rancho Bernardo). This is not to say that the shooter's politics reflect those of the community or his parents. My guess is that politics have very little to do with it. This guy looks like he was an accident waiting to happen, and if his mother was not shocked, that means the shooter's parent's must have known something we didn't.

Also, it will be worthwhile to look for any mental illness and medication in this story should it come up.

Odysseus
07-20-2012, 10:06 PM

Usually, I just call them by the name on their tag, and tell them that I do want fries with my meal.

Hubie
07-20-2012, 11:26 PM
There are left-wing morons who still believe Jared Lee Loughner was a right-winger.

Apache
07-21-2012, 01:00 AM
This is FUBAR, to say the least... bodies aren't even cold and the "Media" and the Left are pointing fingers, making assuptions and not waiting for facts but making their own narrative carry the story...

To all the families invovled, my deepest sympathies and prayers go out to you in this troubling time

SaintLouieWoman
07-21-2012, 01:29 AM
This is FUBAR, to say the least... bodies aren't even cold and the "Media" and the Left are pointing fingers, making assuptions and not waiting for facts but making their own narrative carry the story...

To all the families invovled, my deepest sympathies and prayers go out to you in this troubling time
This morning we were driving to St Petersberg, Fl and listening to the radio. Glenn Beck was on as the story was unfolding. He said to just wait, that all the finger pointing would start. It didn't take long for folks to follow Rahm Dead-Fishes advice to never waste a good opportunity. This is disgusting. I listened to every talk show person on Fox (didn't switch channels as I figured they all would be basically the same) and heard the tales of whomever they could find who had been in the theater.

It was so tragic, but already they keep beating that proverbial dead horse. They're all like buzzards circling. I thought O'Reilly was one of trhe worst (but then I only listened to Fox, had no stomach to hear the rest of them) talking about how the death or injuriy of little kids there was the fault of people who couldn't afford a babysitter and hauled their kids to that midnight show.

Of course it wasn't a good idea to keep kids out so late, but it's done. Those people have terrible losses to deal with and don't need O'Reilly's bloviating and throwing more guilt on them. OK, my rant is done.

Apache
07-21-2012, 02:13 AM
This morning we were driving to St Petersberg, Fl and listening to the radio. Glenn Beck was on as the story was unfolding. He said to just wait, that all the finger pointing would start. It didn't take long for folks to follow Rahm Dead-Fishes advice to never waste a good opportunity. This is disgusting. I listened to every talk show person on Fox (didn't switch channels as I figured they all would be basically the same) and heard the tales of whomever they could find who had been in the theater.

It was so tragic, but already they keep beating that proverbial dead horse. They're all like buzzards circling. I thought O'Reilly was one of trhe worst (but then I only listened to Fox, had no stomach to hear the rest of them) talking about how the death or injuriy of little kids there was the fault of people who couldn't afford a babysitter and hauled their kids to that midnight show.

Of course it wasn't a good idea to keep kids out so late, but it's done. Those people have terrible losses to deal with and don't need O'Reilly's bloviating and throwing more guilt on them. OK, my rant is done.

You're stronger than I. I couldn't listen to much of it, the political fingerpointing (on both sides), the assigning of blame (when no facts are present)... our media does us a diservice this this grandstanding. I, for one, am SICK OF IT!

Elspeth
07-21-2012, 12:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NDRdD1yDiR0#!

Odysseus
07-21-2012, 01:58 PM
'DARK KNIGHT' DIRECTOR REACTS TO SHOOTING: 'UNBEARABLY SAVAGE'http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Hollywood/2012/07/20/nolan/67688-christopher-nolan-for-best-director.jpg

20 Jul 2012
TMZ (http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/20/dark-knight-rises-director-christopher-nolan-james-holmes-statement-savage/?adid=hero2):
"Dark Knight Rises" director Christopher Nolan just released the following statement regarding the massacre in Colorado:

"Speaking on behalf of the cast and crew of 'The Dark Knight Rises', I would like to express our profound sorrow at the senseless tragedy that has befallen the entire Aurora community.

I would not presume to know anything about the victims of the shooting but that they were there last night to watch a movie. I believe movies are one of the great American art forms and the shared experience of watching a story unfold on screen is an important and joyful pastime.

The movie theatre is my home, and the idea that someone would violate that innocent and hopeful place in such an unbearably savage way is devastating to me."

Nolan strikes me as a thoughtful and decent guy, a rarity in Hollywood. This statement was just the right thing to say.

Hubie
07-21-2012, 03:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NDRdD1yDiR0#!

Someone shut this jackass up already. (Not you, Elspeth.)

Hubie
07-21-2012, 03:11 PM
Can't vouch for the trustworthiness of this:

http://www.westernjournalism.com/colorado-shooter-active-with-occupy-wall-street/

Apache
07-21-2012, 09:32 PM
Can't vouch for the trustworthiness of this:

http://www.westernjournalism.com/colorado-shooter-active-with-occupy-wall-street/

Nor would I Hubie. Even though I have heard this already, not enough fact checking has gone on...

Novaheart
07-21-2012, 10:48 PM
How many people were murdered around the world on a given day?

txradioguy
07-22-2012, 05:59 AM
How many people were murdered around the world on a given day?

Ahh yes...must distract...must distract...shooter was a Dem...must distract.

:rolleyes:

Hubie
07-22-2012, 01:47 PM
Gun laws in Aurora are already very strict:

http://cnsnews.com/blog/ron-meyer/auroras-strict-gun-laws-didnt-prevent-shooting-if-one-law-abiding-person-theater-had

Currently in Aurora, Colorado, where the shooting took place, it is already unlawful to carry a concealed "dangerous weapon," discharge firearms, unless by law enforcement on duty or on shooting range, and have loaded firearm in motor vehicle.

Yet these laws were unable to stop James Holmes.

Crime rates alone of cities such as Chicago and Washington D.C. prove that gun bans only increase crime. The D.C. police response rate is eight minutes; most crimes are done in less than one. Gun bans create a trouble-free world for criminals considering no one can defend themselves. If I were ever to face a situation like this, I would want to be prepared.

I cannot help but think, if one person in that audience was carrying a gun with them, that person could have saved lives. Unfortunately - despite what some of the Left have said - this tragedy is an example of the importance of our Second Amendment Rights.

Too true. The guy who tried to shoot up a church in Colorado a few years back was stopped by an armed volunteer security person for the church.

Elspeth
07-22-2012, 11:15 PM
Someone shut this jackass up already. (Not you, Elspeth.)

I appreciate that. Alex Jones could get a bad haircut and it would be the fault of the New World Order.

However, the FBI has been known to cause its own terror plots. Remember those jackasses in Florida? And those OWS zombies?

AmPat
07-26-2012, 09:26 PM
Gun laws in Aurora are already very strict:

http://cnsnews.com/blog/ron-meyer/auroras-strict-gun-laws-didnt-prevent-shooting-if-one-law-abiding-person-theater-had

Too true. The guy who tried to shoot up a church in Colorado a few years back was stopped by an armed volunteer security person for the church.
Ted Haggard's old church, New Life. A gun ended the potential carnage before the slaughter could continue. The theater where the A-hole killed the patrons was a DIMoRAT "gun free zone."

Gina
07-27-2012, 12:30 AM
Ted Haggard's old church, New Life. A gun ended the potential carnage before the slaughter could continue. The theater where the A-hole killed the patrons was a DIMoRAT "gun free zone."

Can you just imagine??

Crook #1: I'm gonna take my gun into the theater and rob some people.
Crook #2: Naw man you can't do that, it's a gun free zone!
Crook #1: Oh shucks, ok. Wanna get some coffee?
Crook #2: sure!

:rolleyes:

AmPat
07-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Can you just imagine??

Crook #1: I'm gonna take my gun into the theater and rob some people.
Crook #2: Naw man you can't do that, it's a gun free zone!
Crook #1: Oh shucks, ok. Wanna get some coffee?
Crook #2: sure!

:rolleyes:I know!
The gun grabbing DIMS could ask for one of their Pie-Faced drone college kids to stand at the emergency exits and remind these shooters that they cannot bring their guns into the theater and murder people today because it is a gun free zone and thus illegal.