PDA

View Full Version : Toddler sings "no homos in Heaven;" homos respond with death threats

Hubie
07-20-2012, 11:44 PM
Why do these people make it so easy for us?

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/30/indiana-toddler-church-song-aint-no-homos-death-threats/

Members of an Indiana church say they've been flooded with death threats since video of a 3-year-old proudly singing, "Ain't no homos gonna make it to heaven" ... was posted on the Internet.

Multiple members of the Apostolic Truth Tabernacle Church in Greensburg, Indiana tell TMZ the church office has been getting harassing calls and the pastor has received death threats at his home. They also say a prayer meeting scheduled for this evening at church had to be moved to a secret location.

Say what you will about the song and the cheering (I personally find it distasteful and un-Christian), but it was just a song and no one's life was being threatened.

linda22003
07-21-2012, 10:25 AM
It never occurred to me before that there could be redneck toddlers.

Rockntractor
07-21-2012, 10:45 AM

http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/heureux/lol/mdr-ordi.gif

AmPat
07-21-2012, 11:48 AM
I bet it never occurs to toddlers that there are bigoted adults calling them rednecks.

NJCardFan
07-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Question: Why should the homos care? Most of them don't believe in God so why get offended when someone says they're aren't anyone of their kind in a place they don't believe in? It's like someone singing a song about no Italians in Oz.

linda22003
07-21-2012, 01:00 PM
I bet it never occurs to toddlers that there are bigoted adults calling them rednecks.

A lot of things don't occur to toddlers, like questioning some of the things they're being taught. That will come later.

You've got to be taught
To hate and fear
You've got to be taught
From year to Year
It's got to be drummed
in your dear little ear
You've got to be carefully taught

You've got to be taught
To be Afraid
Of people whose eyes
are oddly made
And people whose skin
Is a different shade

You've got to be taught
Before it's too late
Before you are 6 or 7 or 8
To hate all the people
your relatives hate

- Rodgers & Hammerstein

Bailey
07-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Its a good thing these kids are learning the right things from the start...

Rockntractor
07-21-2012, 01:28 PM
A lot of things don't occur to toddlers, like questioning some of the things they're being taught. That will come later.

You've got to be taught
To hate and fear
You've got to be taught
From year to Year
It's got to be drummed
in your dear little ear

You've got to be taught
To be Afraid
Of people whose eyes
are oddly made
And people whose skin
Is a different shade

You've got to be taught
Before it's too late
To hate all the people
your relatives hate

- Rodgers & Hammerstein

I never thought of Rodgers & Hammerstein, as great philosophers or keepers of truth, experience and the bible teach us that what is right has to be taught, evil comes natural.

JB
07-21-2012, 06:49 PM
What those folks from Apostolic Truth Tabernacle Church fail to realize is that there is no one walking the earth right now that knows who and who is not in heaven.

It's rather arrogant of them to think that they know.

Novaheart
07-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Dear Toddler,

Read your own Bible you little moron in the making. You aren't going to heaven either. Neither your dog nor your grampa is in Heaven, they are dead and rotting in the ground... the Bible says so. Sorry to tell you this you adorable little cherub, but your parents aren't just assholes, they are ignorant assholes who haven't even studied their own religion. You cannot maintain that the Bible is the absolute troof and 100 perint akerrit and believe that Fido and Pa-Pa are in Heaven. Not only are they not in heaven, but they have no memory of you. All that time you wasted being brave, you might as well cry your ignorant little heart out right now. Oh, and Mommy and Daddy aren't going to heaven either.

Zathras
07-21-2012, 11:52 PM
Dear Toddler,

Read your own Bible you little moron in the making. You aren't going to heaven either. Neither your dog nor your grampa is in Heaven, they are dead and rotting in the ground... the Bible says so. Sorry to tell you this you adorable little cherub, but your parents aren't just assholes, they are ignorant assholes who haven't even studied their own religion. You cannot maintain that the Bible is the absolute troof and 100 perint akerrit and believe that Fido and Pa-Pa are in Heaven. Not only are they not in heaven, but they have no memory of you. All that time you wasted being brave, you might as well cry your ignorant little heart out right now. Oh, and Mommy and Daddy aren't going to heaven either.

And once again CU's gay contingent shows just how tollerant and loving they really are. Why don't you just get it over and wish death on this kid like your hate filled brothers and sisters have done Nova.

Rockntractor
07-22-2012, 12:02 AM
And once again CU's gay contingent shows just how tollerant and loving they really are. Why don't you just get it over and wish death on this kid like your hate filled brothers and sisters have done Nova.

He has no trouble showing what he actually is without the help of anyone doesn't he.

Zathras
07-22-2012, 12:05 AM
He has no trouble showing what he actually is without the help of anyone doesn't he.

Yup, just another part of a minority that wants to impose their moralities (or lack thereof) on the majority.

JB
07-22-2012, 02:33 AM
You aren't going to heaven either. Neither your dog nor your grampa is in Heaven, they are dead and rotting in the ground... the Bible says so. Post some passages please.

txradioguy
07-22-2012, 05:57 AM
Yup, just another part of a minority that wants to impose their moralities (or lack thereof) on the majority.

3% of the population trying to force the rest of the 310 million people in the U.S. to accept their lifestyle as normal.

DumbAss Tanker
07-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Toddler sings "no homos in Heaven;"

OK, I lauged, call me a bad person, I don't give a shit. Then I saw Nova's stupid post ("Read the Bible yourself, you dang three-year-old toddler! Grrrr!") and I laughed even more.

:biggrin-new:

FlaGator
07-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Dear Toddler,

Very nice. You want your views and lifestyle accepted yet you are not able to accept the views and lifestyle of those who oppose you.

Zathras
07-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Very nice. You want your views and lifestyle accepted yet you are not able to accept the views and lifestyle of those who oppose you.

Of couse he does. It's SOP for the minority known as gays in America. It's like Nerdrage but for gays and just as ineffective.

Hubie
07-22-2012, 01:28 PM
Dear Toddler,

Wow. You make pond scum look appealing.

Hubie
07-22-2012, 01:29 PM
3% of the population trying to force the rest of the 310 million people in the U.S. to accept their lifestyle as normal.

It's not 3%. Recent, far more accurate studies have shown it might not even be 2%.

Novaheart
07-22-2012, 04:48 PM
OK, I lauged, call me a bad person, I don't give a shit. Then I saw Nova's stupid post ("Read the Bible yourself, you dang three-year-old toddler! Grrrr!") and I laughed even more.

Glad to be of service. Of course you knew that my post was intended for you.

Novaheart
07-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Post some passages please.

For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.

For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

Rockntractor
07-22-2012, 05:21 PM
For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.

For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

What versus are those?
If you are quoting scripture it is customary to list book, chapter and verse and what do these texts have to do with anything that you wrote?

JB
07-22-2012, 05:52 PM
For to him <snip>Yeah, actually those passages are talking about how man will not know his earthly existence after he dies. The last verse, in particular, confirms this. What he will know, if he is righteous, will be the Kingdom of Heaven and if he is not it will be something else. That's what the entire chapter talks about.

As it is with politics and economics you continue to post on subjects you know nothing about.

Rockntractor
07-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Yeah, actually those passages are talking about how man will not know his earthly existence after he dies. The last verse, in particular, confirms this. What he will know, if he is righteous, will be the Kingdom of Heaven and if he is not it will be something else. That's what the entire chapter talks about.

As it is with politics and economics you continue to post on subjects you know nothing about.

I guess I should leave him alone, it's good that he even reads the bible.

JB
07-22-2012, 06:05 PM
I guess I should leave him alone, it's good that he even reads the bible.No, no, you were right...book, chapter and verse are customary.

He must think those conservadudes is pretty stoopid and wouldn't figure it out. After all he said the Bible says once you're dead you're dead and that's it. Huh? The entire book is about salvation after death and how to get there. It was an incredibly dumb thing to post on his part. :biggrin-new:

Lanie
07-22-2012, 06:15 PM
Why do these people make it so easy for us?

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/30/indiana-toddler-church-song-aint-no-homos-death-threats/

Say what you will about the song and the cheering (I personally find it distasteful and un-Christian), but it was just a song and no one's life was being threatened.

Well, I don't agree that it was a good song at all. It's teaching an innocent toddler to judge homosexuals. Let God do the judging. That said, death threats are unacceptable. These people need to be charged and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Lanie
07-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Question: Why should the homos care? Most of them don't believe in God so why get offended when someone says they're aren't anyone of their kind in a place they don't believe in? It's like someone singing a song about no Italians in Oz.

Got any resources to back up the idea that most homosexuals do not believe in God?

Lanie
07-22-2012, 06:20 PM
Dear Toddler,

Okay, you are not allowed to teach in my hypothetical child's Sunday School class. lol.

There's a bulletin board I read once that said "Don't make me come down there," with God's signing it. I wish he would. Too many mean people down here. Seriously, some of you all, the toddler, and definately the ones threatening are mean, mean, mean.

Mean!

lol.

Lanie
07-22-2012, 06:21 PM

Nova's the same guy who took up for Fred Phelp's right to shoot somebody if they hit him during one of his ridiculous protests. He's not for denying rights to the intolerant. He just wants to throw some their way.

Rockntractor
07-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Let God do the judging.

Homosexuality is a behavior not an individual, he has already judged this behavior and it is written about in his best selling book.

Hubie
07-22-2012, 06:38 PM
Homosexuality is a behavior not an individual, he has already judged this behavior and it is written about in his best selling book.

It's the difference between "Homosexuality is a sin, so please repent" and "You're a homophobe! Go die!"

FlaGator
07-22-2012, 09:30 PM
In defense of the toddler

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
1 Corinthians 6:9-11

To clarify this I am an alcoholic, what this scripture refers to as a drunkard. While I indulged my sin I was unable to be joined to the Kingdom of God. I have now been sober for over 6 years, I am still an alcoholic but I no wallow in that behavior. I have asked God to forgive me and He has done so. I believe the same is true for homosexuality. A homosexual who revels in his or her sin and is unrepentant is unable to be in the presence of the Creator.

By that same token, if I should backslide and start drinking again and afterwards I sincerely repent then I have not lost my salvation. Same with a homosexual. If he or she gives in to their nature and later the ask from their heart to be forgiven then they will be and their salvation is secure. If we refuse to repent and indulge in our ungodly behavior then we are self condemned regardless of the particular sin.

That is what the above Scripture when taken in context means.

NJCardFan
07-22-2012, 10:48 PM
Got any resources to back up the idea that most homosexuals do not believe in God?

Then allow me to correct that in that gays don't tend to like Christianity. Also, it's not being gay that God doesn't like. It's the homosexual act that is the abomination. That said, He isn't too fond of hetero pre-marital sex either.

Elspeth
07-22-2012, 10:54 PM

Ecclesiastes 9:4-9:6

And you can add verse 10:

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might; for there is no activity or planning or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol where you are going."

Sheol is the traditional Jewish land of the dead (the "shades").

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheol

The inhabitants of Sheol were the "shades" (rephaim), entities without personality or strength.[2] Under some circumstances they could be contacted by the living, as the Witch of Endor contacts the shade of Samuel for Saul, but such practices are forbidden (Deuteronomy 18:10).[3] While the Old Testament writings describe Sheol as the permanent place of the dead, in the Second Temple period (roughly 500 BCE-70 CE) a more diverse set of ideas evolved: in some texts, Sheol is the home of both the righteous and the wicked, separated into respective compartments; in others, it was a place of punishment, meant for the wicked dead alone.[4] When the Hebrew scriptures were translated into Greek in ancient Alexandria around 200 BC the word "Hades" (underworld) was substituted for Sheol, and this is reflected in the New Testament where Hades is both the underworld of the dead and the personification of the evil it represents.[5]

Elspeth
07-22-2012, 11:01 PM
Then allow me to correct that in that gays don't tend to like Christianity. Also, it's not being gay that God doesn't like. It's the homosexual act that is the abomination. That said, He isn't too fond of hetero pre-marital sex either.

Well, Islam seems to be worse:

"The Islamic views on homosexuality are formed from the writings of the Qur'an and various Hadith narrations. It is not only a sin, but a crime under Islamic law."

http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Islam_and_Homosexuality

Elspeth
07-22-2012, 11:09 PM
It's not 3%. Recent, far more accurate studies have shown it might not even be 2%.

Where did you get this number? I remember Dr. Dean Edell talking about a 4% figure that recurs again and again in the research. This did not count bisexuals or transgendered.

Gina
07-23-2012, 06:13 PM

It's hard to tell. Gay guilt (by straight people) has a large following so sometimes it seems larger.

on edit: People like to toss around "judging" as if no one is allowed to have an opinion, especially if that opinion is Biblically based. Human beings are created to have discernment, it's a gift from God.. it's not judging it's knowing what is good or evil and knowing what to stay away from.

Rockntractor
07-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Where did you get this number? I remember Dr. Dean Edell talking about a 4% figure that recurs again and again in the research. This did not count bisexuals or transgendered.

Dean Odell is one of the most biased crack pot liberals there is.

Elspeth
07-23-2012, 08:09 PM
Dean Odell is one of the most biased crack pot liberals there is.

Even so, gays and lesbians in San Francisco were furious at him for not saying the GLBT population figure was 10%. He stuck to his guns at 4% and got lots of hate mail.

Generation Why?
07-24-2012, 12:31 PM
It's hard to tell. Gay guilt (by straight people) has a large following so sometimes it seems larger.

on edit: People like to toss around "judging" as if no one is allowed to have an opinion, especially if that opinion is Biblically based. Human beings are created to have discernment, it's a gift from God.. it's not judging it's knowing what is good or evil and knowing what to stay away from.

Everyone is allowed to have an opinion, absolutely. I think the whole "Don't judge" concept comes from Judge not, lest ye be judged. I am all for people expressing opinions. And now it is time for mine.

I don't think it is a wise choice on the side of the parents to have their toddler singing this. But it's not my kid and they have to live with it. At the same time I think the people who lashed out in response are complete and total idiots.

noonwitch
07-24-2012, 12:58 PM
Dear Toddler,

Your pets must have been evil, because all of my former pets are angels in heaven now, waiting for me to come home in about 40 years.

linda22003
07-24-2012, 01:18 PM
Your pets must have been evil, because all of my former pets are angels in heaven now, waiting for me to come home in about 40 years.

http://castleofcostamesa.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Dog-cartoon-So-you-are-Little-Bobbie-Well-Rex-here-has-been-going-on-and-on-about-you-for-the-last-50-years.jpg

NJCardFan
07-24-2012, 01:28 PM

Across the Rainbow Bridge (http://petloss.com/rainbowbridge.htm).

Gina
07-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Everyone is allowed to have an opinion, absolutely. I think the whole "Don't judge" concept comes from Judge not, lest ye be judged. I am all for people expressing opinions. And now it is time for mine.

I don't think it is a wise choice on the side of the parents to have their toddler singing this. But it's not my kid and they have to live with it. At the same time I think the people who lashed out in response are complete and total idiots.

I agree with you. I would never allow my child to participate in such a thing, especially if they're as young as in the OP. Raising my children to understand and hopefully emulate my beliefs is something I see as my duty as a parent. Having them do something hurtful doesn't forward my beliefs. When they're old enough, maybe they could talk to a gay person and something could come from that. Love the sinner hate the sin. Singing about 'homos' doesn't seem like loving my neighbor as myself. I sin too.

Generation Why?
07-24-2012, 02:04 PM
I agree with you. I would never allow my child to participate in such a thing, especially if they're as young as in the OP. Raising my children to understand and hopefully emulate my beliefs is something I see as my duty as a parent. Having them do something hurtful doesn't forward my beliefs. When they're old enough, maybe they could talk to a gay person and something could come from that. Love the sinner hate the sin. Singing about 'homos' doesn't seem like loving my neighbor as myself. I sin too.

If only my mother could see things this way. Family dinners would be less tense.

Rockntractor
07-24-2012, 02:06 PM
This will soon be available on sing along with Fred, Songs of Inspiration for Children by Fred Phelps.

Generation Why?
07-24-2012, 02:10 PM
This will soon be available on sing along with Fred, Songs of Inspiration for Children by Fred Phelps.

Hahahahahaha. Fred will be here Friday I should mention this to him...

Rockntractor
07-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Hahahahahaha. Fred will be here Friday I should mention this to him...

He got the idea from his last Extreme Fundies Gone Wild video.

Eupher
07-24-2012, 03:26 PM

Yep, 2% was my understanding. But to hear the homos beating their drums, you'd think we were awash in them.

Personally, I think it's become fashionable for some people who are confused about their sexual orientation to experiment by smoking poles. Or grow tits where they didn't have 'em already. Or have them cut off when they did have 'em.

Either way, you've got small percentage of confused people out there who are doing their utmost to convince the rest of us that they're normal. :rolleyes:

AmPat
07-26-2012, 09:30 PM

You've got to be taught
To hate and fear
You've got to be taught
From year to Year
It's got to be drummed
in your dear little ear

You've got to be taught
To be Afraid
Of people whose eyes
are oddly made
And people whose skin
Is a different shade

You've got to be taught
Before it's too late
To hate all the people
your relatives hate

- Rodgers & Hammerstein
What, no cute song about NE Liberal bigots masquerading as Conservatives? I'm shocked!:rolleyes:

Gina
07-27-2012, 12:40 AM
If only my mother could see things this way. Family dinners would be less tense.

The way these things usually flesh out is either you're just like your mother so you don't get along, or you're the exact opposite of your mother so you don't get along.

If I remember correctly you're in your early 20s? It gets better as the years go by, usually.

If you could bring yourself to tell her you respect her beliefs even though you don't share them, and maybe she could say it too? Families are a PITA!

Generation Why?
07-27-2012, 01:06 PM
The way these things usually flesh out is either you're just like your mother so you don't get along, or you're the exact opposite of your mother so you don't get along.

If I remember correctly you're in your early 20s? It gets better as the years go by, usually.

If you could bring yourself to tell her you respect her beliefs even though you don't share them, and maybe she could say it too? Families are a PITA!

I am 24, yes. I have told her that I respect her right to believe what she wants. She doesn't really reciprocate on account of the whole atheist thing. Mind you she is a Southern Baptist, as was I as a child. It was its worst around the time North Carolina voted on gay marriage. You guys know how I voted. She disagreed. Didn't talk for 2 months. That, in my opinion, is the problem with our country. Not that she is a Republican, I am a Libertarian, or people are Democrats, but because people let issues like that, which my mother's side won BTW, affect so many other aspects of our lives. I do believe that there is nothing wrong with gay people getting married. I think more issues will lead to the American downfall, such as our massive entitlement programs and our over-stretched military, before gay marriage does. I don't like how many of you view it, but I respect your opinions no matter how much I disagree with them.

linda22003
07-27-2012, 01:48 PM
What, no cute song about NE Liberal bigots masquerading as Conservatives? I'm shocked!:rolleyes:

I'm okay with being called "liberal" by you because I don't hate people. You can handle that department pretty well.

AmPat
07-28-2012, 12:05 PM
I'm okay with being called "liberal" by you because I don't hate people. You can handle that department pretty well.
Excuse me while I :rolleyes:. Jumping to conclusions without any facts and bigoted posting, nice set of character traits you have there. :friendly_wink:

Gina
07-28-2012, 12:11 PM
I am 24, yes. I have told her that I respect her right to believe what she wants. She doesn't really reciprocate on account of the whole atheist thing. Mind you she is a Southern Baptist, as was I as a child. It was its worst around the time North Carolina voted on gay marriage. You guys know how I voted. She disagreed. Didn't talk for 2 months. That, in my opinion, is the problem with our country. Not that she is a Republican, I am a Libertarian, or people are Democrats, but because people let issues like that, which my mother's side won BTW, affect so many other aspects of our lives. I do believe that there is nothing wrong with gay people getting married. I think more issues will lead to the American downfall, such as our massive entitlement programs and our over-stretched military, before gay marriage does. I don't like how many of you view it, but I respect your opinions no matter how much I disagree with them.

Over-politicking things is a HUGE problem in the country. People take someone disagreeing with them personally and lots of times would rather hold their views than maintain the friendship/family. I think it's funny because no matter how nasty you are to a family member or anyone else, you're not going to change their mind! My son brought a friend of his over for supper once, and the friend knows I'm a conservative so he thought he'd do something wild to get my goat. He wore a Che shirt. I looked at it, took a deep breath and asked him if he likes keilbasa! :biggrin-new:

Generation Why?
08-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Over-politicking things is a HUGE problem in the country. People take someone disagreeing with them personally and lots of times would rather hold their views than maintain the friendship/family. I think it's funny because no matter how nasty you are to a family member or anyone else, you're not going to change their mind! My son brought a friend of his over for supper once, and the friend knows I'm a conservative so he thought he'd do something wild to get my goat. He wore a Che shirt. I looked at it, took a deep breath and asked him if he likes keilbasa! :biggrin-new:

Who doesn't like keilbasa?