PDA

View Full Version : We're searched at the mall, our communications are monitored...

SarasotaRepub
07-22-2012, 08:31 AM
Wow...Atman is DUmber than usual this morning... (http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002997273)

Sun Jul 22, 2012, 08:00 AM
Atman

We're searched at the mall, our communications are monitored...

...we take off our shoes at the airport, there are cameras on every street corner...yet Holmes planned this for months, and was able to amass an arsenal of high powered weapons, enough ammo to take out a small city, and even napalm. Then walk into a movie theater wearing a gas mask.

Feeling safer yet? Thanks, Homeland "Security." It was billions well spent.

Moron.

txradioguy
07-22-2012, 09:45 AM
If idiots like atman/toast and the rest of the DUmmies actually treated Islamic Terrorism for the real threat that it is...those kinds of searches and intrusions would be unnecessary.

Sadly...they'll never get it.

NJCardFan
07-22-2012, 10:38 AM
He does have somewhat of a point. Judging by what Holmes had in his arsenal, there is enough there to raise some red flags enough that maybe someone should have clued in. Unless these purchases were over an extended period of time and I'm talking about years so no one would notice, logic would dictate that he bought all of this stuff in a relative short period of time. And Tx, your comment, while valid on it's face, doesn't wash in this instance because Holmes, at least by what we currently know, doesn't fit the Islamist profile. In fact, with the exception of his age, he's the direct opposite

txradioguy
07-22-2012, 10:57 AM
He does have somewhat of a point. Judging by what Holmes had in his arsenal, there is enough there to raise some red flags enough that maybe someone should have clued in.

What the gun grabbers like atman/toast should realize...but they won't is that no matter how many laws they pass...something like this will ALWAYS happen. This kid had no prior record...bought everything legally...he didn't raise a red flag anywhere.

Unless these purchases were over an extended period of time and I'm talking about years so no one would notice, logic would dictate that he bought all of this stuff in a relative short period of time.

They did say he planned this attack over a period of months.

And Tx, your comment, while valid on it's face, doesn't wash in this instance because Holmes, at least by what we currently know, doesn't fit the Islamist profile. In fact, with the exception of his age, he's the direct opposite

I got the impression from the first part of his comment he was referring to the searches we go through because of 9/11.

Gina
07-22-2012, 02:08 PM
Searched at the mall? whaat?

Hubie
07-22-2012, 02:37 PM

Atman is apparently being groped at the mall by a pervert posing as homeland security or something.

Hubie
07-22-2012, 02:39 PM
Unless these purchases were over an extended period of time and I'm talking about years so no one would notice, logic would dictate that he bought all of this stuff in a relative short period of time.

Question: to a libtard, would the time frame even matter? This guy could've been 80 and taken 60 years to amass his arsenal and they'd STILL be calling for stricter gun laws. That's because what they truly want is to completely outlaw all guns everywhere.

JB
07-22-2012, 03:31 PM
Searched at the mall? whaat?Searched at the mall to a DUmmy means being patted down because a security camera caught you shoplifting to the rest of us.

Chuck58
07-22-2012, 04:26 PM
He does have somewhat of a point. Judging by what Holmes had in his arsenal, there is enough there to raise some red flags enough that maybe someone should have clued in. Unless these purchases were over an extended period of time and I'm talking about years so no one would notice, logic would dictate that he bought all of this stuff in a relative short period of time. And Tx, your comment, while valid on it's face, doesn't wash in this instance because Holmes, at least by what we currently know, doesn't fit the Islamist profile. In fact, with the exception of his age, he's the direct opposite

It's a different world today. When I was shooting in competition, I did my own reloading and purchased 7 to 10 pounds of powder, 30K primers, 30K bullets, and several thousand cases each year to replace those showing signs of fatigue. That was in the 1970's and into the 1980's and, as I said, different world then.

I suspect that today there would be red flags raised all over the place. In my state, along with the other southern border states, we can't purchase two guns in a day, above (I think) .22 caliber, without it being reported to BATF or somebody.

Rockntractor
07-22-2012, 04:48 PM
Lawful citizens abide by gun laws, criminals and would be criminals ignore them.
If you want to make citizens less safe, make more laws and make it harder for them to protect themselves.

noonwitch
07-23-2012, 10:32 AM

That's what I thought-where does he shop? Not that there are any malls in the city of Detroit, but nobody searches customers at Northland, which is the closest thing to being in the city. They don't even have a metal detector.

Gina
07-23-2012, 04:38 PM
Maybe he wandered into an airport. They have a food court and gift shops and stuff. TSA!!!!!! I just don't know.

noonwitch
07-24-2012, 08:49 AM
Maybe he wandered into an airport. They have a food court and gift shops and stuff. TSA!!!!!! I just don't know.

GRF airport has all that? Wow. Bright lights, big city. When I was a kid, we used to eat at the old restaurant there on Sunday nights and watch the planes take off and land. That was before they even installed metal detectors.

Bondai
07-24-2012, 12:54 PM
Since when does 1 AR-15, 1 shotgun and two handguns constitute an arsenal? I take more guns than that when I go to the range.He may have had 6000 rounds of ammo but he only used 100. As far as being searched at the mall I have no idea what this nut job is talking about, wishful thinking perhaps. There are security cameras all over the place, so what. They have been used to bring a lot of criminals to justice that would have otherwise went free for lack of witnesses. Hell there are going to be even more when all these proposed drones start flying around. I don't know what to do about them when the courts say that there is no perceived privacy when you are in public. I guess obeying the law would be a good place to start.

Most of these DUmmies just throw shit out and see if it bounces, they have no real point.

FDK
07-25-2012, 05:52 AM

Lots of people buy ammo in bulk for the discount. If they tracked every one of them then the FBI/ATF would need many more employees.