PDA

View Full Version : Hello. This is my introduction.

Benjamin Parish
07-24-2012, 09:43 AM
My name is Benjamin Parish. I'm a 23 year old college student, from South Central Pennsylvania.

I'd like to introduce myself by giving some kind of a self-analysis of what I am about.

I'm an advocate for a strong national defense, but feel as though we waste our resources too often throughout the world. This is not to say that I dont support the citizens of this nation supporting other countries, its just that I dont like the idea of us doing it through our government. It seems wrong. This is not to speak ill of treaties, rather us financing other countries with aid, and military support (outside of an imminent threat to our allies, in which case we must honor our treaties and stand by their side).

This leads me into my opinion on our having so many military bases throughout the world: I believe that if we were to bring many of our soldiers home, ridding our presence in those countries that we were to leave, that many jobs would come home with them; as I believe that the only reason that many corporations are in some of these countries, is because they know that they have the unwavering support of The United States military (The United States as a whole). They would not stay in some of these countries without our support (I do believe). Also, this is not to mean that we must lay-off any off our troops, or even significantly cut military spending, rather I believe that we should relocate our finances to the pockets of our soldiers, retirees. Though, all in all, if we were to bring many of our troops home to defend our nations borders, rather than the borders between many other countries, then we would be able to cut some military spending, which would go along way in bi-partisanship.

I also, believe that we need to significantly cut federal spending. A transition would need to occur, though, for this to happen. States should be able to opt out of programs, as well as the individuals of our nations. Its time for the 9th and 10th amendments to the U.S. Constitution to mean something again.

I also feel that our government is getting out of control in regard to respecting the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 8th amendments respectfully.

I'll cut this short, acknowledging that I'm willing to elaborate, if one wishes me to.

Also, I really like the format here. It fits me.

Hope to enjoy my stay.

SarasotaRepub
07-24-2012, 09:48 AM
Welcome to CU Ben. :cool:

Benjamin Parish
07-24-2012, 09:51 AM

Thank you, Sarasota.

Zathras
07-24-2012, 10:05 AM
Heh heh, you got the ban hammer at CC...let's see just how long you last here with your stupidity.

Benjamin Parish
07-24-2012, 10:17 AM
Heh heh, you got the ban hammer at CC...let's see just how long you last here with your stupidity.

Yea.. nice to meet you, too.

JB
07-24-2012, 10:22 AM
Color check.

Benjamin Parish
07-24-2012, 10:24 AM
Color check.

huh?

Rockntractor
07-24-2012, 10:26 AM
Color check.

He needs to use standard color type, I can't read him without changing skins.

JB
07-24-2012, 10:27 AM
huh?Nevermind. It looks like you fixed it.

Zathras
07-24-2012, 10:28 AM
Yea.. nice to meet you, too.

Oh really Benny Boy? Well then let me refresh your memory then

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php?action=profile;u=2175

Benny Boy is a hard core Paulistinian and it got him banned from the Cave....just to let you know Benny, they don't like Dr. Nutz here any more than they do at CC.

Benjamin Parish
07-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Nevermind. It looks like you fixed it.

Ok. Cool. Thought that might have been what you meant. Forgot that there was a few different skins here.

>>>edit

But I guess that Odysseus had other plans for the color. Hope that you can read that.

Benjamin Parish
07-24-2012, 10:32 AM
Oh really Benny Boy? Well then let me refresh your memory then

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php?action=profile;u=2175

Benny Boy is a hard core Paulistinian and it got him banned from the Cave....just to let you know Benny, they don't like Dr. Nutz here any more than they do at CC.

No. Im actually not a hardcore 'Paulistinian' (http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,75632.0.html). Some of you over there have just deluded yourselves into believing that I am, simply because I've showed support for the man. As I've stated several time: 'I dont agree with Ron Paul on eveything.'

Eupher
07-24-2012, 10:37 AM
No. Im actually not a hardcore 'Paulistinian' (http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,75632.0.html). Some of you over there have just deluded yourselves into believing that I am, simply because I've showed support for the man. As I've stated several time: 'I dont agree with Ron Paul on eveything.'

You've gone out of your way to worship your hero, up to and including throwing up sock puppets.

But, hell, Benny - welcome.

Let's see how long you last here.

Zathras
07-24-2012, 10:38 AM

Well, that's why I linked your profile from there so that people can read and make up their minds for themselves. But if you pull the same "lol" crap here as you did there, don't be surprised with the responses you get.

As for your link....sock puppetry???? Yeah, I don't see you long for this forum. But enjoy your stay while you're here and don't shit on the carpet.

JB
07-24-2012, 10:41 AM
Personally I'd rather that shit be left over there.

TVDOC
07-24-2012, 10:41 AM
You've gone out of your way to worship your hero, up to and including throwing up sock puppets.

But, hell, Benny - welcome.

Let's see how long you last here.

Is this the "lol" guy Euph? If so, Rock, keep an eye on him.......

doc

Rockntractor
07-24-2012, 10:42 AM

No need to discuss him anymore, he is irrelevant to the next election and all of us are no strangers to what he believes.

Benjamin Parish
07-24-2012, 10:44 AM
Personally I'd rather that shit be left over there.

Yea, me too; but I probably wont be here too long because of them. All that they've done since I first posted something about Ron Paul's 9th circuit delegates filing a lawsuit against the RNC is troll me to no end.

They were so relentless in their hatred that I couldn't post a single thing without it ending up back at their hatred of the man.

Its whatever, though; this place seemed promising.

Zathras
07-24-2012, 10:44 AM
Is this the "lol" guy Euph? If so, Rock, keep an eye on him.......

doc

Yes, he is the "lol" guy who got his ass run off at CC.

txradioguy
07-24-2012, 10:45 AM

Don't leave the welcome mat out too long for him SR.

This one is special. A combo Ronulan/OWS'er.

He got the ban hammer at CC for a very good reason.

Benjamin Parish
07-24-2012, 10:46 AM
Yes, he is the "lol" guy who got his ass run off at CC.

I never ran off. I got banned twice, from two different accounts.

Just to clarify. :friendly_wink:

>>>edit

And my profile over there looks like that because the mods over there edited it to look like that after they banned me. Evidence is that my website used to go to my facebook, and now it says 'lol', and just redirects you within CC.

If anyone really wants to get to know me, go look at my facebook. The link is in my sig.

txradioguy
07-24-2012, 10:46 AM
No need to discuss him anymore, he is irrelevant to the next election and all of us are no strangers to what he believes.

Don't tell that to Benny...he things a lawsuit filed in the 9th Circus by a bunch of Paul-tards is gonna win the nomination for Dr. Nutz.

Rockntractor
07-24-2012, 10:47 AM
That's enough Paul, CC, ETC................

txradioguy
I never ran off. I got banned twice, from two different accounts.

Yes banned for being a troll.

Just to clarify. :friendly_wink:

lol

Benjamin Parish
Don't leave the welcome mat out too long for him SR.

This one is special. A combo Ronulan/OWS'er.

He got the ban hammer at CC for a very good reason.

And what was that very good reason?

(This ought to be good).

Benjamin Parish
07-24-2012, 10:48 AM
That's enough Paul, CC, ETC................

Ok.

Rockntractor
07-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Ok.
I will reopen this later when people stop to read what I said.

SarasotaRepub
07-24-2012, 11:20 AM
I've warned our new friend Ben that One Trick Ponies are not welcomed here. Support for Paul is fine but if all you are going to do is post Paul stuff than you might as well leave on your own.

Join in on other issues and we're good! :smile-new:

Benjamin Parish
07-24-2012, 11:23 AM
I've warned our new friend Ben that One Trick Ponies are not welcomed here. Support for Paul is fine but if all you are going to do is post Paul stuff than you might as well leave on your own.

Join in on other issues and we're good! :smile-new:

Cool.

Janice
07-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Hi Ben, welcome. :smile-new:

Benjamin Parish
07-24-2012, 11:33 AM
Hi Ben, welcome. :smile-new:

Thank you.

Starbuck
07-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Hear, Hear, Ben. All are welcome.

Benjamin Parish
07-24-2012, 12:00 PM
Hear, Hear, Ben. All are welcome.

Thank you.

ABC in Georgia
07-24-2012, 12:23 PM
My goodness ...

Now that is what I call a thorough "vetting!" ...:evil-grin:

Too bad the Obamanation didn't have one!

Will still reserve judgement on you Ben, 'til I've read a few of your posts.

~ ABC (probably the most "seasoned citizen" in here. :cool:)

txradioguy
07-24-2012, 12:30 PM
Cool.

lol

SaintLouieWoman
07-24-2012, 01:28 PM
OMG. this is going to turn into the next post whoring thread. LOL, cool, etc etc. :biggrin-new:

Gina
07-24-2012, 01:35 PM
People don't really post whore any more do they?

+1

Zathras
07-24-2012, 01:50 PM
People don't really post whore any more do they?

+1

They don't post whore any less :friendly_wink:

+1

Rockntractor
07-24-2012, 02:36 PM
lol

loL spelled backerds.

Gina
07-24-2012, 04:10 PM
They don't post whore any less :friendly_wink:

+1

Oh a wise guy, eh? :smile-new:

+1

Benjamin Parish
07-24-2012, 10:41 PM
Negative 22 karma just from my introduction.

:applause:

>>>edit

Is that a record?

Rockntractor
07-24-2012, 11:40 PM
SR said we are giving Benjamen a chance and that is what we are going to do, he is new here even though many know him from the Cave, I'm sure the Cave had good reason for their actions but until he has broken our rules or the special instructions given him by SR he is a member here in good standing.
Give him rep based on the merit of his posts not because of posts on a previous board.
We are not going to start abusing our rep system on this board!

txradioguy
07-25-2012, 12:15 AM
Negative 22 karma just from my introduction.

>>>edit

Is that a record?

Lol

SarasotaRepub
07-25-2012, 07:36 AM
Lol

Be easy on the newbie...:friendly_wink:

Starbuck
07-25-2012, 09:49 AM

Regardless of what is written in the rule book, Newbs don't really get the hang of what is tolerated until they have posted for a while.

Benjamin Parish
07-25-2012, 10:06 AM
Regardless of what is written in the rule book, Newbs don't really get the hang of what is tolerated until they have posted for a while.

Moderation is consistent at this forum; is it not?

Regardless of the content that I've offered, this thread, along with the other ones that I've engaged in over the past 24 hours, seem to suggest what is and what is not acceptable (imo).

Unless moderation differs from poster to poster; in which case, I beg your pardon.

Eupher
07-25-2012, 11:04 AM

Regardless of the content that I've offered, this thread, along with the other ones that I've engaged in over the past 24 hours, seem to suggest what is and what is not acceptable (imo).

Unless moderation differs from poster to poster; in which case, I beg your pardon.

heh

txradioguy
07-25-2012, 11:12 AM

lol

txradioguy
07-25-2012, 11:13 AM

This IS being easy. He's a known entity to those of us that post at both places.

Benjamin Parish
07-25-2012, 11:22 AM

Eupher
07-25-2012, 11:38 AM

No. 1

Benjamin Parish
07-25-2012, 11:45 AM
No. 1

No. 3

SaintLouieWoman
07-25-2012, 10:31 PM
No. 3

You've managed to post a whole lot of nothing. Just because we're fairly tolerant here, don't take us for granted. We've got a couple new supermods who'd love to practice that ban hammer. Just sayin' :biggrin-new:

Benjamin Parish
07-25-2012, 10:33 PM
You've managed to post a whole lot of nothing. Just because we're fairly tolerant here, don't take us for granted. We've got a couple new supermods who'd love to practice that ban hammer. Just sayin' :biggrin-new:

What are your main concerns; may I ask? Could you link them, so that I have the same awareness as you?

As far as I'm concerned, I've posted far more substantive things than most that have engaged me.

>>edit

And surely nothing has been less than that which I've responded to.

Rockntractor
07-25-2012, 11:13 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/rut-ro-scooby-demotivational-poster.jpg

LukeEDay
07-27-2012, 03:05 PM
Wow, Benny, Some things you can never imagine I guess. It is good to see that you didn't get banned yet. Give it time :biggrin-new:

Benjamin Parish
07-29-2012, 04:15 AM
Yea.. I aint going anywhere.

If for nothing else... management is a hell of a lot better over here.

(Its like a tree-house club for 12 year olds over at CC)

txradioguy
07-29-2012, 06:01 AM
Yea.. I aint going anywhere.

Famous last words.

If for nothing else... management is a hell of a lot better over here.

:rolleyes:

Benjamin Parish
07-29-2012, 07:31 AM
:hug: :idea:

:DDsmilie_panic: :emperor:

:smilie_catfight:

:OhNoes:

:blah: :applause:

:rotfl:

txradioguy
07-29-2012, 12:58 PM
:hug: :idea:

:DDsmilie_panic: :emperor:

:smilie_catfight:

:OhNoes:

:blah: :applause:

:rotfl:

Whatever dude.

Gina
07-29-2012, 02:15 PM
When a thread changes from an OP to a post whore thread, could someone inbox me? :smile-new:

Lanie
07-29-2012, 05:42 PM
When a thread changes from an OP to a post whore thread, could someone inbox me? :smile-new:

Post whoring is a waste of space.

+1

Welcome Ben.

Rockntractor
07-29-2012, 05:47 PM

+1

Welcome Ben.

I was going to see if I could hook you up with Ben but you have to promise not to have kids!

Benjamin Parish
07-29-2012, 08:39 PM

+1

Welcome Ben.

Thanks. And nice sig.

Lanie
07-29-2012, 11:45 PM
I was going to see if I could hook you up with Ben but you have to promise not to have kids!

No, I want a bunch of little Lanies running around. :biggrin-new:

Lanie
07-29-2012, 11:46 PM
Thanks. And nice sig.

thanks.