PDA

View Full Version : ASTONISHING: Rep. Rangel Calls Palin 'Disabled

LibraryLady
09-19-2008, 08:33 PM
I wish I could meet Charlie Rangel. I am so furious; this is reprehensible!

ASTONISHING: Rep. Rangel Calls Palin 'Disabled' (http://wcbstv.com/campaign08/congressman.charles.rangel.2.821541.html)
Embattled Politician: It's Laughable That GOP VP Nominee Bases Foreign Policy On Being Able To See Russia
Republicans Infuriated; Rep. King Blasts Rangel

NEW YORK (CBS) ― Already under fire for his tax troubles, Manhattan Congressman Charles Rangel really put his foot in his mouth on Friday.

In a CBS 2 HD exclusive interview, Rep. Rangel called Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin "disabled."

The question was simple: Why are the Democrats so afraid of Palin and her popularity?

The answer was astonishing.

"You got to be kind to the disabled," Rangel said.

That's right. The chairman of the powerful House Ways & Means Committee called Palin disabled -- even when CBS 2 HD called him on it.

CBS 2 HD: "You got to be kind to the disabled?"

Rangel: "Yes."

CBS 2 HD: "She's disabled?"

Rangel: "There's no question about it politically. It's a nightmare to think that a person's foreign policy is based on their ability to look at Russia from where they live.

Republicans think Rangel's comments are insulting as well as shocking.

"Charlie Rangel's comments are clearly disgraceful," Rep. Peter King, R-Long Island, said. "This is just another liberal Democrat who can't accept an independent woman running for president."

King, who is co-chair of the McCain-Palin campaign in New York, watched Rangel's comments with CBS 2 HD. He was particularly upset because Palin's 4-month-old son, Trig, is disabled. He has Down's syndrome.

"We should be sensitive to her or any woman who has a child or family member who has any affliction at all," King said. "And so to use the word disabled in the context of a female candidate for vice president who has a child who is disabled really is wrong. Charlie owes her and the entire disabled community and apology."

Advocates for the disabled are also upset.

"It makes me feel as if he's trying to put her down, trying to say she's not good for the presidency or the vice presidency," said Michael Imperiale of Disabled In Action Of Metropolitan N.Y.

"A disabled president ran this country. He was disabled. His name was Roosevelt."

A spokesman for the McCain-Palin campaign also piled on, saying that this kind of rhetoric has no place in politics.

Elspeth
09-19-2008, 09:24 PM
Advocates for the disabled are also upset.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know why, but this made me laugh so hard. :D:D:D

(Yes, I'm going to hell.)

AmPat
09-19-2008, 10:42 PM
All DIMS and LIBS should be proud of this human excrement. Afterall, he is one of their longterm shining stars, a typical lifetime liberal criminal politician.:mad:

d_va
09-19-2008, 10:45 PM
Rangel: "There's no question about it politically. It's a nightmare to think that a person's foreign policy is based on their ability to look at Russia from where they live.

Uhmmmm, Charlie, that was a skit on SNL :eek:

(These guys are running our Congress now? No wonder the economy's in the crapper :p)

cat714
09-19-2008, 10:56 PM
It's a nightmare to think this imbecile holds political office. :eek:

jinxmchue
09-19-2008, 11:24 PM
Vice President Palin will have something to call him soon: "unemployed."

expat-pattaya
09-19-2008, 11:55 PM
I think Rangel is the poster child showing the difference between the two parties.

When the GOP has one of their own go off the reservation as he has this week, (tax fraud and now this) they have a quiet talk and he steps down.

The DEMs will close ranks and claim persecution.

Yeah, Rangel is a piece of fecal matter stuck on the bottom of the nations shoe :rolleyes:

PoliCon
09-20-2008, 12:29 AM
Lets not forget that it was rangol who was saying that Bush wanted a draft - and he was the one who put the draft bill on the floor.

jinxmchue
09-20-2008, 01:31 AM
Lets not forget that it was rangol who was saying that Bush wanted a draft - and he was the one who put the draft bill on the floor.

Didn't he hold those laughable impeachment mock trials in a Capitol storage room?

wilbur
09-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Round of applause for Rangel!

"Rangel: "There's no question about it politically. It's a nightmare to think that a person's foreign policy is based on their ability to look at Russia from where they live."

Truer words were never spoken.

lacarnut
09-20-2008, 12:03 PM
It's a nightmare to think this imbecile holds political office. :eek:

Many in the black cacus like M. Waters fit that bill. Can not understand why Rep. Jefferson of LA trial has not started. What the hell is Bush and the Justice Dept. waiting for.

jinxmchue
09-20-2008, 01:19 PM
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know why, but this made me laugh so hard. :D:D:D

(Yes, I'm going to hell.)

Framdammit! You made me laugh at that! :mad:

jinxmchue
09-20-2008, 01:21 PM

For using the issue of people with disabilities to make fun of Gov. Palin. Nice, willy. Keep on being a dick.

LogansPapa
09-20-2008, 01:23 PM
http://www.cs.ucla.edu/~eoster/blahdot/pix/th_cartman_retard.jpg

I can see Russia from my house!

jinxmchue
09-20-2008, 01:25 PM
http://www.cs.ucla.edu/~eoster/blahdot/pix/th_cartman_retard.jpg

I can see Russia from my house!

Yeah, because she really said that!

OwlMBA
09-20-2008, 09:52 PM
Maybe he should focus on paying his taxes. After all, he doesnt want to play into the stereotype of the black man with past due bills and bad credit, does he?

Lager
09-20-2008, 09:54 PM

"Rangel: "There's no question about it politically. It's a nightmare to think that a person's foreign policy is based on their ability to look at Russia from where they live."

Truer words were never spoken.

Yes, hurray for Rangel, He may have cheated on his taxes, but she's friggin religious! :cool:

AmPat
09-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Yes, hurray for Rangel, He may have cheated on his taxes, but she's friggin religious! :cool:

But, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,He didn't know he had to pay taxes. Apparently he isn't Patriotic either, unless Biden has a special label for him.:rolleyes:

lacarnut
09-21-2008, 02:27 AM
Maybe he should focus on paying his taxes. After all, he doesnt want to play into the stereotype of the black man with past due bills and bad credit, does he?

I read where there are around 100 members in Congress that have either declared bankruptcy, been found guilty of shoplifting, written bad checks, can not get a credit card, etc., etc. I will leave up to your imagination what party they belong to and what their race is.

wilbur
09-21-2008, 02:53 AM

I don't really know much else about this guy... if he's been wrong about everything else in his life, at least he got one thing right.

ConJinx
09-21-2008, 02:53 AM
AKA Big Checky Rangler. He weighs it and when it doesn't mean him, well screw the people I've got rent control to maintain. F'n arrogant elitist Yankee scum.

PoliCon
09-21-2008, 09:58 AM
I don't really know much else about this guy... if he's been wrong about everything else in his life, at least he got one thing right.Ya know - I have nothing against people dodging some taxes EXCEPT when they try to raise them on other people in the process.

wilbur
09-21-2008, 11:06 AM
Ya know - I have nothing against people dodging some taxes EXCEPT when they try to raise them on other people in the process.

A valid point.