PDA

View Full Version : Ice-T Argues Against Gun Control: 'Thats the last form of defense against tyranny'

Benjamin Parish
07-25-2012, 11:00 AM
By Rolling Stone
July 25, 2012 10:10 AM ET

In the aftermath of last weekend's massacre in Aurora, Colorado, Ice-T spoke with Channel 4 London to argue against gun control and defend the right to bear arms. "The right to bear arms is because thatís the last form of defense against tyranny. Not to hunt. It's to protect yourself from the police," said the rap pioneer.

(Continued w/video (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ice-t-argues-against-gun-control-20120725))

-------------------------------------------------

Guess that it aint really 'news', though. I mean, it is Ice.

Novaheart
07-25-2012, 11:08 AM
I am surprised that the majority of Blacks seem to favor gun control. I understand that like many white people they tend to have a "Somebody needs to do something about this!" mentality, but they also need to study the historical relationship between racism and gun control.

I maintain that if every black woman had a .22 pistol, the black neighborhoods would be amongst the safest places to be.

TVDOC
07-25-2012, 11:36 AM
I am surprised that the majority of Blacks seem to favor gun control. I understand that like many white people they tend to have a "Somebody needs to do something about this!" mentality, but they also need to study the historical relationship between racism and gun control.

I maintain that if every black woman had a .22 pistol, the black neighborhoods would be amongst the safest places to be.

True......before Missouri passed its CCW law, the prevailing law required a citizen to apply for and recieve a permit from his/her local county Sherriff before you could actually purchase a handgun.......this statute dated from just after the Civil War, and was enphemistically referred to as the "Saturday Night Special" law, which along with Jim Crow was specifically designed to prevent blacks from owning handguns.

BTW, for home protection, unless you are a professional assassin, black women should buy something a bit more powerful than a .22.

doc

Unreconstructed Reb
07-25-2012, 11:40 AM
By Rolling Stone
July 25, 2012 10:10 AM ET

"The right to bear arms is because thatís the last form of defense against tyranny. Not to hunt. It's to protect yourself from the police," said the rap pioneer.

THAT'S RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh.......wait a tick.............ummmmmm :OhNoes: