PDA

View Full Version : Obama: Small Business Comment Taken Out Of Context

NJCardFan
07-26-2012, 12:09 PM
President Barack Obama’s campaign released a new television advertisement on Tuesday pushing back against a wave of attacks that followed remarks the Democratic incumbent made that Republicans deemed anti-business.

The 30-second advertisement — “Always” — will air in six battleground states and is the second in as many days featuring a regal Obama speaking directly into a camera — a far cry from the campaign’s hard-hitting ads, marked by ominous narrators and elaborate graphic design, portraying Mitt Romney as a ruthless former private equity executive whose personal finances are shrouded in secrecy. http://blogs.reuters.com/talesfromthetrail/2012/07/24/business-comments-taken-out-of-context-obama-says-in-new-ad/

Riiiiigggghhhttt. Taken out of context. No, you got caught with your hand in the cookie jar and are now in full backtrack mode. You know what you said and you meant what you said(even though you were reading from a teleprompter as usual). Just like your "guns and religion" comment. If Romney has a brain, he'd run an ad showing the "you didn't build that" comment with the "of course you built your business" comment in a constant 20 second loop and make a comment about talking out fo both sides of your mouth.

Rockntractor
07-26-2012, 12:30 PM
Everyone I have listened to play it in full context which makes it sound worse than when it is extracted.

Hubie
07-26-2012, 01:49 PM
...a regal Obama...

Uh...

FlaGator
07-26-2012, 02:31 PM
No one took it out of context. It was understood as saying exactly what it said. "You didn't build anything you deluded waste of air! The government did it all and you just took advantage of it."

Bailey
07-26-2012, 02:42 PM
Is there anything this lying piece of shit wont do to win? I hate him with every fiber of my being.

m00
07-26-2012, 02:56 PM
"When politicians forget they aren't just talking to their base"