PDA

View Full Version : Political Correctness Gets Worse and Worse

FlaGator
07-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Can someone explain to me how these two statements are racist?

Voula Papachristou of the Greek Olympic teams tweets something to the effect of 'with so many Africans in London at least the West Nile mosquitoes will be eating home cooking'

and

Some unnamed Romney aide suggests that President Barack Obama did not fully appreciate the "Anglo-Saxon heritage" between the United States and Great Britain.

One was a joke with no racial overtones that I can tell and the second was an opinion of Obama's understanding of U.S. History.

Voula, get's kicked out of the Olympics and some kind of witch hunt gets under way to crucify... er...discover the identity of the aide who made the comment.

Every day I get become more certain that as the world is going insane it is getting stupider.

Gina
07-26-2012, 02:27 PM
These are the end times, baby. Rejoice! :smile-new:

Retread
07-26-2012, 02:57 PM
These are indeed interesting times.

The first story I read about the Voula Papachristou incident noted that without corporate sponsorship, the Greeks would not be able to afford to compete in the games and that the Greek OC did not want to offer up any reasons for some of their sponsors to pull support - IOW - it's all about the money.

Re: Romney aide - it's all in the twisted minds of those members of the little o's team who are there to criticize every sentence uttered from the Romney camp for whatever reason they can make up at the time.

Eupher
07-26-2012, 03:02 PM

The first story I read about the Voula Papachristou incident noted that without corporate sponsorship, the Greeks would not be able to afford to compete in the games and that the Greek OC did not want to offer up any reasons for some of their sponsors to pull support - IOW - it's all about the money.

Re: Romney aide - it's all in the twisted minds of those members of the little o's team who are there to criticize every sentence uttered from the Romney camp for whatever reason they can make up at the time.

I'd offer that little o seizes every opportunity to deflect, obfuscate, deny, and detract from the miserable economy that he's responsible for.

In the immortal words of Rahm Emanuel, Chief Thug In Charge in Chicago, "You never want a serious crisis go to waste."

Gina
07-26-2012, 03:08 PM

The truly racist thing is that Obama can say almost anything that would be deemed racist if spoken by a white person.

Generation Why?
07-26-2012, 03:47 PM
1. The line was: "With so many Africans in Greece, the West nile mosquitos will be eating home food!!!"

2. I thought it was funny.

3. Shouldn't this be seen as an observation of multiculturalism in Europe? Isn't that their new thing that isn't working?

noonwitch
07-26-2012, 03:52 PM
1. The line was: "With so many Africans in Greece, the West nile mosquitos will be eating home food!!!"

2. I thought it was funny.

3. Shouldn't this be seen as an observation of multiculturalism in Europe? Isn't that their new thing that isn't working?

So now, jokes about geography are racist?

Generation Why?
07-26-2012, 03:56 PM

I guess so. So watch it, you racist! :sarcasm:

Pulpfishin
07-26-2012, 05:01 PM

No, the mosquitoes were offended!