PDA

View Full Version : Chick-fil-A Squawks Back

FlaGator
07-26-2012, 03:47 PM
Could Rahm and company be overstepping their bounds? Does Rahm really care so little for job creation in Chicago?

The owner of a Chicago Chick-fil-A franchise that created 97 jobs has a message for Mayor Rahm Emanuel – eat more chicken.

“I would like to invite Mayor Emanuel into my restaurant to meet me, my husband Steve, and my management staff,” said Lauren Silich in a letter posted on the restaurant’s Facebook page. (https://www.facebook.com/cfawatertower)

The invitation came after Emanuel declared that he would supports efforts by an alderman to block a second restaurant from being constructed because the Atlanta-based restaurant chain supports the biblical definition of marriage.
“Chick-fil-A values are not Chicago values,” Emanuel said in a statement to Fox News, saying the comments “disrespect our fellow neighbors and residents.”

Alderman Joe Moreno said unless the company comes up with a written anti-discrimination policy, he would not allow Chick-fil-A to open its first free-standing restaurant in the city.

Silich said Chick-fil-A located in Loyola Water Tower has “been dedicated to serving all of our guests with honor, dignity and respect.”

“We are a family of deep Chicago roots – my husband and I both came from city worker families (teachers, police, laborers) and Steve is a city worker,” she noted. She also said they’ve supported, hospitals, schools, churches and even LGBT groups.

At stake could be the loss of jobs from companies that share similar personal beliefs. If the city cracks down on Chick-fil-A, could other businesses be forced out of Chicago?

“We alone created 97 jobs this past year and our passion is building leaders for future generations, regardless of sexual orientation or beliefs,” Silich noted. “We are not a corporation – we are real people and taxpayers as each Chick-fil-A franchise is independently owned and operated.”

Read the whole story here (http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/chicago-chick-fil-a-owner-to-mayor-eat-more-chicken.html)

Retread
07-26-2012, 05:33 PM
IOW - "The views expressed by the CEO of Chick-fil-a do not necessarily reflect those of the individual franchise owners and managers."

Generation Why?
07-26-2012, 05:52 PM
IOW - "The views expressed by the CEO of Chick-fil-a do not necessarily reflect those of the individual franchise owners and managers."

But that's not edgy enough. One side has to blow it out of proportion and the other side can't simply say what you just said.

Retread
07-26-2012, 06:04 PM
The left is doing all the blowing.........

Rockntractor
07-26-2012, 06:16 PM
They need to give Rahm the chicken finger!

JB
07-26-2012, 06:47 PM
August 1 is Chick-Fil-A day. Go out and support your local CFA. I cannot wait that long so I'll be there tonight.

Retread
07-26-2012, 07:16 PM
Two of the 'local' shopping centers are regularly backed up due to the lines at the two Cfa locations. One location on a main hiway frontage road causes a huge safety issue every day at lunch and going home time. There are just a lot of folks who enjoy their food.

Full disclosure: After raising, killing, plucking and cutting up 100 fryers every year of my teenage life and seemingly eating chicken for every meal during those same years, it's all foul to me. But with my heart pangs I'm slowly getting over it. I'll take the club sw or the strip salad with lots of honey mustard.

NJCardFan
07-26-2012, 11:19 PM
Why would you open any kind of business in Chicago? Within 15 minutes of opening, the place would get robbed and 3 people will be shot. I think Emanuel should worry about the wanton gang violence in his city rather than what a private company is doing.

Rockntractor
07-26-2012, 11:42 PM
Why would you open any kind of business in Chicago? Within 15 minutes of opening, the place would get robbed and 3 people will be shot. I think Emanuel should worry about the wanton gang violence in his city rather than what a private company is doing.

As long as no children are in the background, shooting between two consenting adults is perfectly acceptable in Chicago.

Gina
07-27-2012, 12:33 AM
“Chick-fil-A values are not Chicago values,” Emanuel said in a statement to Fox News, saying the comments “disrespect our fellow neighbors and residents.”

Yes because Chicago is the bastion of goodness and safety, we should all model our cities after Chicago.

FlaGator
07-27-2012, 09:15 AM
Yes because Chicago is the bastion of goodness and safety, we should all model our cities after Chicago.

Rahm and the cities' aldermen need to be more concerned with the bodies of murder victims stacking up at the city morgue than stopping the openings of job creating businesses.

Arroyo_Doble
07-27-2012, 09:25 AM
August 1 is Chick-Fil-A day. Go out and support your local CFA. I cannot wait that long so I'll be there tonight.

I'll be there August 3rd.

FlaGator
07-27-2012, 10:52 AM
I'll be there August 3rd.

Cool! Celebrating my parent's anniversary at Chik-fil-A.