PDA

View Full Version : SAY WHAT THE FRICKIN' CAPITOL OF ISRAEL IS, YOU BASTARDS!!!

Hubie
07-27-2012, 11:33 AM
From yesterday, apparently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGEn1TZtEmQ

:mad-new: :smilie_wall: :curse:

Gina
07-27-2012, 12:41 PM
Our position hasn't changed?? Wow, if Dana Perino had said that, the press conference would still be going on.

Generation Why?
07-27-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm gonna go with Jerusalem. Tel Aviv can also be accepted in certain groups and if pertaining to certain government buildings. Do I win anything?

txradioguy
07-27-2012, 01:15 PM
I'm gonna go with Jerusalem. Tel Aviv can also be accepted in certain groups and if pertaining to certain government buildings. Do I win anything?

Jay Carney's job since you know more than he does about non Arab capitols of the ME. Good job. You start tomorrow :)

Generation Why?
07-27-2012, 01:18 PM
Jay Carney's job since you know more than he does about non Arab capitols of the ME. Good job. You start tomorrow :)

Well I did just spend a year there. Pretty sure I am more qualified than Jay to say anything about MENA.

txradioguy
07-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Well I did just spend a year there. Pretty sure I am more qualified than Jay to say anything about MENA.

You and me both.

Generation Why?
07-27-2012, 01:36 PM
You and me both.

I probably wouldn't last long. I have a tendency to speak the truth. Or as much as I can.

LukeEDay
07-27-2012, 05:03 PM
*face palm*

And what does he mean by our position hasn't changed? That we still support them? That is a lie! obama is a stand out Israel hater. They should have asked Carney when the last time Barry visited Israel was.

JB
07-27-2012, 06:48 PM
Without having first gone into innerwebz search mode, hasn't our government's official position always been that it's Tel Aviv? Regardless of who is POTUS.

Or is it we don't have a position and our de facto position is Tel Aviv because our embassy is there?

Odysseus
07-27-2012, 08:57 PM
I love how he kept repeating that the position hasn't changed, but refused to state what that position is.

The capital of Israel is Jerusalem. Anybody who says otherwise is shilling for the Arabs or too gutless to confront their lies.

LukeEDay
07-27-2012, 09:49 PM
I love how he kept repeating that the position hasn't changed, but refused to state what that position is.

The capital of Israel is Jerusalem. Anybody who says otherwise is shilling for the Arabs or too gutless to confront their lies.

Hear, hear. I agree.

JB
07-28-2012, 02:50 AM
The capital of Israel is Jerusalem. Anybody who says otherwise is shilling for the Arabs or too gutless to confront their lies.From everything I've read it seems that the US is to be included in the list of countries that is shilliing for the Arabs and/or too gutless to confront their lies because it doesn't look like we recognize Jerusalem as the capital.

Gina
07-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Wiki says: Link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel)

Israel's financial centre is Tel Aviv,[18] while Jerusalem is the country's most populous city, and its capital (although not recognized internationally as such).
Infoplease.com says: Link (http://www.infoplease.com/askeds/capital-israel.html)

The Question:
Your site incorrectly lists Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. It is not the officially recognized capital of Israel. Only two countries around the world, Guatemala and El Salvador, have recognized it as such. Countries such as the USA, Canada and all European nations only recognize Tel-Aviv as the capital and hence maintain their embassies there. Please change the reference to reflect Israel's proper capital. Thanks.

The Answer:
Thanks for writing. All major encyclopedias (Columbia, Britannica, World Book) and dictionaries (Merriam-Webster, Random House, American Heritage) list Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

Please note that in our profile of Israel we include a footnote to our listing of Jerusalem as Israel's capital: "Israel proclaimed Jerusalem as its capital in 1950, but the U.S., like nearly all other countries, maintains its embassy in Tel Aviv."

This is exactly how the CIA World Factbook, published by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency, handles this issue in its profile of Israel .

—The Editors

Read more: The capital of Israel — Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/askeds/capital-israel.html#ixzz21vWLmf9d
The link to the CIA came up as an error (what a surprise), so I did a search on their site.

CIA World factbook says: Link (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/is.html)

Major cities - population:

Tel Aviv-Yafo 3.219 million; Haifa 1.027 million; JERUSALEM (capital) 768,000 (2009)

I still don't know if this is the position of the administration but really, who cares.

Odysseus
07-28-2012, 01:33 PM
From everything I've read it seems that the US is to be included in the list of countries that is shilliing for the Arabs and/or too gutless to confront their lies because it doesn't look like we recognize Jerusalem as the capital.

In this case, the State Department is absolutely gutless. Every president since Truman has paid lip service to moving the embassy, but never follows through. Jerusalem has been Israel's capital since Dec. 14, 1949. The only reason that it is not internationally recognized is that the UN wanted it to be an international city under its administration, and has done everything in its power to undermine its status. However, the UN has no problem with the Palestinians demanding part of it for their capital, nor did they object to Jordan's occupation of most of the original Palestine Mandate, even though Britain had no authority to hand it over to their cronies, the Hashemite clan, as a personal gift.

Wiki says: Link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel)

Infoplease.com says: Link (http://www.infoplease.com/askeds/capital-israel.html)

The link to the CIA came up as an error (what a surprise), so I did a search on their site.

CIA World factbook says: Link (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/is.html)

I still don't know if this is the position of the administration but really, who cares.

In the short run, just six million Israelis and several hundred million Muslims, not to mention our State Department, Defense Department and quite a few American Jews. But that's just the short run. The status of Jerusalem is critical for several reasons. First, the status of Jerusalem is part of the ongoing war of the Arabs against Jews and other infidels. They seek to delegitimize Israel by denying the Israelis any territory (remember, no Arab state except for Egypt has ever recognized Israeli sovereignty in any part of Israel, and Egypt is about to withdraw from that treaty). Jewish claims to Jerusalem predate the League of Nations mandate, and in fact go back to Biblical times. Ottoman censuses show that Jerusalem was a majority Jewish city throughout its history, and it was only when the Jordanians expelled the Jewish residents of East Jerusalem in 1948 that this changed. Israel is the only nation in the world whose capital is not recognized as such, despite the fact that Israel's possession of Jerusalem is as legal as Germany's ownership of Berlin, and far more legal than many other territories which are not in dispute. This is part of the double standard that is applied to Israel, but no other nation. If the US will not abide by the truth when it benefits an ally and frustrates our enemies, then what can we be trusted to do? Can any ally depend upon us? Can American Jews trust a government that subscribes to the lies of Arabs who seek our deaths? Can American Christians trust a government that will permit Muslim propaganda to trump historical fact? Can anyone trust a government that puts the lies that benefit our enemies ahead of a truth that supports us, our allies and the rule of law?

America is at war. We didn't seek it, but we are in it just the same, and it's not a regional Middle Eastern war, but a civilizational war between Islam and the west. When we accede to the demands of Islam, when we accept their propaganda as fact and allow them to sow distension in our ranks, peel away our allies and weaken our defenses, they win and we lose. That's why this matters.

Gina
07-28-2012, 02:35 PM
In this case, the State Department is absolutely gutless. Every president since Truman has paid lip service to moving the embassy, but never follows through. Jerusalem has been Israel's capital since Dec. 14, 1949. The only reason that it is not internationally recognized is that the UN wanted it to be an international city under its administration, and has done everything in its power to undermine its status. However, the UN has no problem with the Palestinians demanding part of it for their capital, nor did they object to Jordan's occupation of most of the original Palestine Mandate, even though Britain had no authority to hand it over to their cronies, the Hashemite clan, as a personal gift.

In the short run, just six million Israelis and several hundred million Muslims, not to mention our State Department, Defense Department and quite a few American Jews. But that's just the short run. The status of Jerusalem is critical for several reasons. First, the status of Jerusalem is part of the ongoing war of the Arabs against Jews and other infidels. They seek to delegitimize Israel by denying the Israelis any territory (remember, no Arab state except for Egypt has ever recognized Israeli sovereignty in any part of Israel, and Egypt is about to withdraw from that treaty). Jewish claims to Jerusalem predate the League of Nations mandate, and in fact go back to Biblical times. Ottoman censuses show that Jerusalem was a majority Jewish city throughout its history, and it was only when the Jordanians expelled the Jewish residents of East Jerusalem in 1948 that this changed. Israel is the only nation in the world whose capital is not recognized as such, despite the fact that Israel's possession of Jerusalem is as legal as Germany's ownership of Berlin, and far more legal than many other territories which are not in dispute. This is part of the double standard that is applied to Israel, but no other nation. If the US will not abide by the truth when it benefits an ally and frustrates our enemies, then what can we be trusted to do? Can any ally depend upon us? Can American Jews trust a government that subscribes to the lies of Arabs who seek our deaths? Can American Christians trust a government that will permit Muslim propaganda to trump historical fact? Can anyone trust a government that puts the lies that benefit our enemies ahead of a truth that supports us, our allies and the rule of law?

America is at war. We didn't seek it, but we are in it just the same, and it's not a regional Middle Eastern war, but a civilizational war between Islam and the west. When we accede to the demands of Islam, when we accept their propaganda as fact and allow them to sow distension in our ranks, peel away our allies and weaken our defenses, they win and we lose. That's why this matters.

Sorry.. I meant who cares as in who cares about Obama, but your point is taken.

The State Dept site says: Link (http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/3581.htm)

Geography
Area: 20,330 sq. km.1 (7,850 sq. mi.); about the size of New Jersey.
Cities: Capital--Jerusalem.2 Other cities--Tel Aviv, Haifa, Beersheba.
Terrain: Plains, mountains, desert, and coast.
Climate: Temperate, except in desert areas.
Every time I look somewhere, the US acknowledges Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Am I missing something?

Odysseus
07-28-2012, 04:22 PM
Sorry.. I meant who cares as in who cares about Obama, but your point is taken.

The State Dept site says: Link (http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/3581.htm)

Every time I look somewhere, the US acknowledges Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Am I missing something?

Nope, but Jay Carney clearly is.

JB
07-28-2012, 08:02 PM
Am I missing something?Yes. You missed the footnote (2) on that:

Israel proclaimed Jerusalem as its capital in 1950. The United States, like nearly all other countries, maintains its embassy in Tel Aviv.As far as I can tell, the official US position is that "Jerusalem is an international city whose status is still being negotiated". Or something like that.

Odysseus
07-28-2012, 10:46 PM
Yes. You missed the footnote (2) on that:

As far as I can tell, the official US position is that "Jerusalem is an international city whose status is still being negotiated". Or something like that.

And yet, Carney and the State Department rep couldn't bring themselves to say it. Go figure...

Apache
07-28-2012, 11:32 PM
Yes. You missed the footnote (2) on that:

As far as I can tell, the official US position is that "Jerusalem is an international city whose status is still being negotiated". Or something like that.

US law states that...
Israel’s governing body, the Knesset, is in Jerusalem but the U.S. Embassy remains in Tel Aviv despite a 1995 law passed by Congress requiring it to be moved to the holy city by 1999. Clinton, Bush, and Obama alike have failed to act on the law, and the U.S. maintains a Consulate General in Jerusalem.Read more... (http://hotair.com/archives/2012/07/27/video-jay-carney-wont-name-the-capital-of-israel/)

Hubie
07-29-2012, 10:37 AM
I hope President Romney, on his first full day in office, makes sure to note to the American public that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel.

JB
07-29-2012, 01:57 PM
Go figure...I guess I don't get what the fuss and/or outrage is about.

The US position has been the same as it's ever been. Nothing's changed to change it. Barry's been in office 3+ years and it just comes up now?

And the woman that asked the question has been in the White House pool since 1968. How she can sit there with a straight face and say she doesn't know what the governments position is, is curious. When she asked it everyone around her was smirking about it. Like it was a "not this shit again" moment. She's either a complete dumbass or she has an agenda.

LukeEDay
07-29-2012, 02:01 PM
I hope President Romney, on his first full day in office, makes sure to note to the American public that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel.

I would love nothing more than to see him do that. That would put the icing on my cake. As much as I love Israel, that would be pants. In fact, next to repealing obamacare, that would be the second best thing he could do.

Hubie
07-29-2012, 08:42 PM
I would love nothing more than to see him do that. That would put the icing on my cake. As much as I love Israel, that would be pants. In fact, next to repealing obamacare, that would be the second best thing he could do.

Amen!

Rockntractor
07-29-2012, 09:21 PM
I guess I don't get what the fuss and/or outrage is about.

The US position has been the same as it's ever been. Nothing's changed to change it. Barry's been in office 3+ years and it just comes up now?

And the woman that asked the question has been in the White House pool since 1968. How she can sit there with a straight face and say she doesn't know what the governments position is, is curious. When she asked it everyone around her was smirking about it. Like it was a "not this shit again" moment. She's either a complete dumbass or she has an agenda.

Part of it is because there has been a recent push by Muslims to change the name Of Jerusalem to Al-Quds, I think Obama even called it that once.

Hubie
07-29-2012, 09:24 PM
Part of it is because there has been a recent push by Muslims to change the name Of Jerusalem to Al-Quds, I think Obama even called it that once.

I could only find this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wglrLBqYxQ

Rockntractor
07-29-2012, 09:31 PM
I could only find this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wglrLBqYxQ

Calling it Al-Quds is a major insult and slap in the face to Jews, it was the Jews holy place long before Islam desecrated it.

noonwitch
07-30-2012, 12:48 PM
Without having first gone into innerwebz search mode, hasn't our government's official position always been that it's Tel Aviv? Regardless of who is POTUS.

Or is it we don't have a position and our de facto position is Tel Aviv because our embassy is there?

That's pretty much it-all previous administrations, regardless of party, recognized Tel Aviv as the capital, even after Israel officially made Jerusalem their capital.

If the US were to move it's embassy to Jerusalem and recognize it as Israel's capital, it would unleash a firestorm worse than we have seen in the Middle East as of yet. On top of that, there will likely be more terrorist attacks at home, as retaliation.

Whereas I don't think that we cave in to/negotiate with terrorists, I also don't think we should deliberately provoke them.

LukeEDay
07-30-2012, 12:51 PM
Calling it Al-Quds is a major insult and slap in the face to Jews, it was the Jews holy place long before Islam desecrated it.

Well, their excuse for that one is that all the Jews that are there post WWII are Zionists. It is stupid. The Jews have that land by divine right. There is nothing that can take that away.

Rockntractor
07-30-2012, 01:09 PM
Well, their excuse for that one is that all the Jews that are there post WWII are Zionists. It is stupid. The Jews have that land by divine right. There is nothing that can take that away.

They also repurchased the land previous to reforming the country.

LukeEDay
07-30-2012, 01:36 PM
They also repurchased the land previous to reforming the country.

Exactly.

Odysseus
07-30-2012, 03:33 PM
I guess I don't get what the fuss and/or outrage is about.

The question was asked because Obama has been in office for 3+ years, and his policies are as consistent as the whims of a toddler. I suspect that the question was asked because one of the reporters was tipped off to something that is coming down. The fact that his spokesman will not articulate the policy demonstrates that there is something that they do not want to say publicly, and that either the policy has changed, or the administration doesn't want to be bound by the policy as it was.

AmPat
07-30-2012, 10:14 PM
That's pretty much it-all previous administrations, regardless of party, recognized Tel Aviv as the capital, even after Israel officially made Jerusalem their capital.

If the US were to move it's embassy to Jerusalem and recognize it as Israel's capital, it would unleash a firestorm worse than we have seen in the Middle East as of yet. On top of that, there will likely be more terrorist attacks at home, as retaliation.

Whereas I don't think that we cave in to/negotiate with terrorists, I also don't think we should deliberately provoke them.
I think Israel should start calling our capitol Boise. They have that right apparently.

noonwitch
07-31-2012, 08:45 AM
I think Israel should start calling our capitol Boise. They have that right apparently.

Well, the upside of that is that we are not going to crash planes into their skyscrapers to avenge their mistake.

Odysseus
07-31-2012, 09:15 AM

No, they should call it Nacotchtank.

The Nacotchtank were a native Algonquian people who lived in the area of what is now Washington, D.C. during the 17th century. Their principal village (also named Nacotchtank) was situated within the modern borders of the District of Columbia, on the eastern bank of a small river that still bears an anglicised variant of their name — the Anacostia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nacotchtank

After all, we took the land from the natives who, unlike the Palestinians, actually did live here for generations. And while we're at it, the Israelis could point out how we got Texas, California and the American southwest (all of those Mexicans who are now claiming a "right of return" are using the same arguments as the Palestinians, although in fairness, there were Palestinians who actually did leave during the 1948 war, while the Mexicans who are demanding citizenship are the ones who are here illegally). Or, they could ask the Russians what they plan to do with Port Arthur, since they took it from the Japanese (not to mention Chechnya, and the Crimea, which was Turkish), and the Chinese really ought to be held to the same standard for Tibet as they are demanding for Israel. The French have been rather vocal in their support for the Arabs over the years. Have they forgotten how they got Alsace-Lorraigne and the Loire Valley? Spain expelled its Muslims in 1492. Should they have the right of return? For that matter, the various Arab states that are demanding that the Jews be expelled could explain why they have a right to the formerly Christian cities of Damascus, Antioch, Alexandria and Constantinople.

The hypocrisy of this BS is infuriating. Only the Jews are judged by this absurd double standard that excuses conquest by every other power in the world, but treats a defensive war as a violation of international law.

Gina
07-31-2012, 12:58 PM

The Nacotchtank were a native Algonquian people who lived in the area of what is now Washington, D.C. during the 17th century. Their principal village (also named Nacotchtank) was situated within the modern borders of the District of Columbia, on the eastern bank of a small river that still bears an anglicised variant of their name — the Anacostia.

After all, we took the land from the natives who, unlike the Palestinians, actually did live here for generations. And while we're at it, the Israelis could point out how we got Texas, California and the American southwest (all of those Mexicans who are now claiming a "right of return" are using the same arguments as the Palestinians, although in fairness, there were Palestinians who actually did leave during the 1948 war, while the Mexicans who are demanding citizenship are the ones who are here illegally). Or, they could ask the Russians what they plan to do with Port Arthur, since they took it from the Japanese (not to mention Chechnya, and the Crimea, which was Turkish), and the Chinese really ought to be held to the same standard for Tibet as they are demanding for Israel. The French have been rather vocal in their support for the Arabs over the years. Have they forgotten how they got Alsace-Lorraigne and the Loire Valley? Spain expelled its Muslims in 1492. Should they have the right of return? For that matter, the various Arab states that are demanding that the Jews be expelled could explain why they have a right to the formerly Christian cities of Damascus, Antioch, Alexandria and Constantinople.

The hypocrisy of this BS is infuriating. Only the Jews are judged by this absurd double standard that excuses conquest by every other power in the world, but treats a defensive war as a violation of international law.

In my mind, this goes to prove the Old Testament true, the Jews are God's chosen people ..major and minor prophets' words have proven true.. the scary thing is that those who don't help Israel are damned.

AmPat
07-31-2012, 11:15 PM

I wonder how the Moose-limbs explain that hideous gold monument to satan that is built on top of the Jewish temple? Perhaps those clever Jews found a way to build that Temple underneath satan's mosque without the Moose-limbs knowing?:rolleyes:

Generation Why?
08-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Carney didn't even have to say Jerusalem. I am sure if he had responded with "The capital of Israel is whatever the hell Israel says it is", that would have been acceptable. At least to me.

Odysseus
08-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Carney didn't even have to say Jerusalem. I am sure if he had responded with "The capital of Israel is whatever the hell Israel says it is", that would have been acceptable. At least to me.

That would have enraged the Muslims and gotten him fired. Carney isn't stupid, just mendacious.

LukeEDay
08-01-2012, 05:54 PM
That would have enraged the Muslims and gotten him fired. Carney isn't stupid, just mendacious.

Yeah, and the main Muslim, obama, would have been very, very, upset.