PDA

View Full Version : NBC Edits Out Olympics’ Tribute to Victims of Terrorism

Gina
07-28-2012, 01:01 PM
Link (http://www.soopermexican.com/2012/07/28/nbc-edits-out-olympics-tribute-to-victims-of-terrorism/)

While Americans enjoyed the opening of the London Olympics, NBC made an editorial decision that baffled viewers and outraged others. The Olympics opening included a somber tribute to the victims of terrorism, but Americans were instead treated to an insipid interview by Ryan Secreast.

Why would they do this? What is so offensive by acknowledging that there are evil people in this world who are willing to kill innocents to further their political aims?

Watch the edited out segment at Deadspin.com, which broke the story.

NBC has been pummeled with complaints and offered this paltry excuse for an explanation:

NBC spokesman Christopher McCloskey said it was never the intention to stream the ceremony. He said it was a complex entertainment spectacle that does not translate well online because it requires context.
More at link. Outrageous.

LukeEDay
07-28-2012, 01:07 PM
NBC should be shut down. The seem to enjoy editing things.

txradioguy
07-28-2012, 03:46 PM
So let me guess...they didn't however edit out the tribute to the NHS or the special tribute to the first lesbian kiss on the BBC?

SaintLouieWoman
07-28-2012, 11:45 PM
If they substituted the insipid interview with Michael Phelps, it's ironic that he lost his first race today. Last night I was infuriated that they stuck that interview in the middle of the opening ceremonies. I hope they never get to broadcast the Olympics again. Everything that they do is suspect.

RobJohnson
07-29-2012, 04:35 AM
NBC sucks.

Bailey
07-29-2012, 08:07 AM
If they substituted the insipid interview with Michael Phelps, it's ironic that he lost his first race today. Last night I was infuriated that they stuck that interview in the middle of the opening ceremonies. I hope they never get to broadcast the Olympics again. Everything that they do is suspect.

You can tell his heart just isn't in this.

RobJohnson
07-30-2012, 12:27 AM
You can tell his heart just isn't in this.

Too much partying and smoking dope?

Odysseus
07-30-2012, 09:30 AM

Phelps or NBC? :evil-grin:

NBC's coverage of just about everything has now become suspect. They cannot be considered a reputable news source as long as the people who directed the selective editing of news for partisan outcomes continue to run the place, and that will not change until NBC has lost so much market share that even their leadership realizes that they have to make a change.

Bailey
07-30-2012, 09:35 AM

I mean the man has 14 gold medals and 2 bronze, how much more does he have to prove?

LukeEDay
07-30-2012, 10:11 AM
I mean the man has 14 gold medals and 2 bronze, how much more does he have to prove?

And a silver. He, and the rest of the men's swim team got that yesterday.