PDA

View Full Version : Sunday morning surprise

Bondai
07-29-2012, 11:03 AM
I got up this morning and made me some coffee just like every morning. Grabbed my coffee and went over to let my Yorkie out of the crate he sleeps in so he could go to the bathroom. I slid open the patio door leading to the back yard so the dog could go out and then I stepped out......right into a swarm of bees! Holy shit! they were everywhere and they were not happy that I had stumbled into their midst.

I stumbled around and managed to get back inside without getting stung and I closed the door. Is was at that point I realized that I had left my dog outside. I looked outside and the bees were swarming and the dog was running. I opened the door just enough to let him in and then closed it again. I didn't get stung and neither did the dog and no bees got into the house.

I called the emergency maintenance hot line and reported a swarm of bees. The maintenance guys responded in less than 10 minutes. They sprayed the swarm with some kind of killer bee juice and they began dropping like fly's. They have to respray in three hours.....emergency over and everyone is safe.:thumbsup:

UPDATE! UPDATE! Well. My phone rang a little while ago and it was the property manager wanting to know what the hell was going on. So I told her the story. Come to find out the maintenance man did not spray anything, I misunderstood what he said. What he meant to tell me was that he would contact the property manager and she would get back to me in less than three hours, which she did. She said she looked at the patio and there were just a few bees. I said how long ago was that and she said well it's been awhile. I said well I am right now as we speak looking out the patio door.

I didn't count them but I would estimate their numbers at over 5000. By my definition that constitutes a swarm and represents a hazard to me my dog and anyone who happens by..and considering that there are Africanized bees all over Arizona I am not willing to take a chance and I want these bees removed NOW. She agreed, somehow I knew she would. She called the super dooper bee removal people and they will be out shortly to deal with the problem, I hope.Film at 11:00.

FINAL REPORT! FINAL REPORT!

THEY BEE GONE! A MOMENT OF SILENCE PLEASE...OK THAT'S LONG ENOUGH.

Well fellow bee lovers the pest control man showed up and I filled him in on what had been going on all day. He says I'll try to figure out where they are coming from.Soon he knocks on the door and asks me about an old piece of exercise equipment that is sitting on the patio. I told him it was junk and really needed to be hauled away. He says they are building a hive in the frame of the equipment, well there you go. The bees were swarming and decided to set up residence in that old piece of equipment. Unfortunately for the bees I am already living here,their demise was imminent.

The pest control guy has a tank full of agent orange for bees strapped to his back and in about five minutes it's all over. The dead and dying are everywhere, they never stood a chance. So here we are, a little clean up tomorrow and we will be able to close the lid on another chapter in the continuing adventures of Bondai and Milo the wonder dog. Be sure you don't miss next weeks adventure. I know you will enjoy it as much as we enjoy bringing it to you

Starbuck
07-29-2012, 11:15 AM
Funny! I ran into a trucker who specialized in transporting bees. We were both sitting at the bar eating hamburgers and drinking beer, and he was a talkative sort so I learned all about the bee transport business.

He rolled a truck full of bees on time in Atlanta. Right on I-285! He said the containers broke open, the bees went wild and they were stinging everything in sight. He was getting stung continuously as he put cones out stopping traffic and getting people to understand the danger.
He said it took a long time to get a wrecker service on site and get them outfitted so that they could approach the trailer and so forth.

I can only imagine:biggrin-new:.

Rockntractor
07-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Bee careful.

Gina
07-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Bee careful.

Would you please bee serious?

Rockntractor
07-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Would you please bee serious?

Sorry hon this is sticky business!http://gfxlovers.com/smilies/imgs/greetings/greetings007.gif (http://gfxlovers.com/smilies)

Gina
07-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Sorry hon this is sticky business!http://gfxlovers.com/smilies/imgs/greetings/greetings007.gif (http://gfxlovers.com/smilies)

You really do have a stinging sense of humor!

Rockntractor
07-29-2012, 02:59 PM
You really do have a stinging sense of humor!

I don't know, sometimes I really bumble it!

Gina
07-29-2012, 03:13 PM
I don't know, sometimes I really bumble it!

Don't be silly! You're the bees knees! The ladies must just swarm to you!

Bondai
07-29-2012, 03:17 PM
Don't be silly! You're the bees knees! The ladies must just swarm to you!

Whatever you say honey.

Gina
07-29-2012, 03:22 PM
Whatever you say honey.

It's ok, we're all part of the hive.

Ranger Rick
07-29-2012, 04:06 PM
This is serious and you guys are just droning on.

Odysseus
07-29-2012, 04:20 PM
It was only a matter of time before the puns began to swarm.

Gina
07-29-2012, 04:20 PM

Well that was a stinging retort. :blue:

Hubie
07-29-2012, 08:21 PM
They sprayed the swarm with some kind of killer bee juice and they began dropping like fly's.

Um... Not to nitpick, but wouldn't they be dropping like, well, bees?

RobJohnson
07-30-2012, 12:41 AM
I'm glad you and the dog are ok. It's situations like this that can really bite you in the butt.

Hubie
07-30-2012, 01:39 AM

Oh, buzz off!

Bondai
07-30-2012, 05:06 AM
Um... Not to nitpick, but wouldn't they be dropping like, well, bees?

Oh dear Lord what have I done..:OhNoes: I have purposely posted misinformation in an attempt to mislead my fellow board members. I knew it was an out and out lie but I posted it anyway. How will I ever be able to make amends for an evil deed of this magnitude, oh the humanities.:scared:

Bondai
07-30-2012, 05:09 AM
I'm glad you and the dog are ok. It's situations like this that can really bite you in the butt.

The dog is still mad at me for leaving him outside.......:frown-new:

Bailey
07-30-2012, 07:04 AM
COOOMMMMMBBBBBOOOO BREAKER!!!

Odysseus
07-30-2012, 11:14 AM
Oh, buzz off!

Don't let it bug you. This thread has generated a lot of buzz, and we need the additional worker bees to increase our traffic. Besides, you don't want to be a DU drone, do you?

ABC in Georgia
07-30-2012, 11:38 AM
All well and good you bunch of jokers.

But this Queen Bee is "not amused!" ... :evil-grin:

Only kidding! Very funny guys!

Bondai ... you should be a writer. You definitely have a knack for it. I enjoyed every bit of what you wrote. Looking forward to the next episode of "Life with Bondai and Milo the Wonder Dog." ... :biggrin-new:

~ ABC

Rockntractor
07-30-2012, 11:43 AM
Bondai ... you should be a writer. You definitely have a knack for it.

~ ABC

Yes you could say he waxed eloquently.

ABC in Georgia
07-30-2012, 11:56 AM
Yes you could say he waxed eloquently.

And you my piggy friend, should be locked up and put away!!! ... :biggrin-new:

Well, on the other hand ... perhaps taken to the slaughter house and turned into delightful pieces of ham, bacon, etc.!

Mmm ... mmm! Good!

~ ABC

noonwitch
07-30-2012, 02:28 PM
I'm glad that you and the yorkie are okay.

At my office, the bees build nests inside the poles for the handicapped-parking signs. They have those little holes in them that the bees or wasps can fly in and out of. I think they're wasps, because they build those papery nests without any honey. They leave me alone, but my coworkers are terrified of them. But we don't have swarms of them, either.

Rockntractor
07-30-2012, 02:32 PM
And you my piggy friend, should be locked up and put away!!! ... :biggrin-new:

~ ABC

Apparently she finds my posts apollen.http://gfxlovers.com/smilies/imgs/confused/confused012.gif (http://gfxlovers.com/smilies)

ABC in Georgia
07-30-2012, 04:47 PM
Apparently she finds my posts apollen.http://gfxlovers.com/smilies/imgs/confused/confused012.gif (http://gfxlovers.com/smilies)

Oh my!

Four legs good ... two legs bad!

I bow to your magnificence, (whoever the head pig was in "Animal Farm" ... can't remember diddley at the moment!) ... Mr. Piggy! ~ :biggrin-new:

Ha! Ha! Not altogether too shabby Rock, sweet thing!

~ ABC