PDA

View Full Version : DHS gears up for civil unrest prior to presidential elections

Rockntractor
07-29-2012, 06:55 PM
he Department of Homeland Security has ordered masses of riot gear equipment to prepare for potential significant domestic riots at the Republican National Convention, Democratic National Convention and next year’s presidential inauguration.

The DHS submitted a rushed solicitation to the Federal Business Opportunities site on Wednesday, which is a portal for Federal government procurement requisitions over $25,000. The request gave the potential suppliers only one day to submit their proposals and a 15-day delivery requirement to Alexandria, Virginia.

As the brief explains, “the objective of this effort is to procure riot gear to prepare for the 2012 Democratic and Republican National Conventions, the 2013 Presidential Inauguration and other future similar activities.”

The total amount ordered is about 150 sets of riot helmets, thigh and groin protectors, hard-shell shin guards and other riot gear.

Specifically, DHS is looking to obtain:

- “147 riot helmets” with “adjustable tactical face shield with liquid seal”

- “147 sets of upper body and shoulder protection”

- “152 sets of thigh and groin protection”

- “147 hard-shell shin guards” with “substantial protection from flying debris, non-ballistic weapons, and blows to the leg” and “optimized protective design for severe riot control or tactical situations.”

- “156 forearm protectors”

- “147 pairs of tactical gloves”

The riot gear will be worn by Federal Protective Service agents who are tasked with protecting property, grounds and buildings owned by the federal government.

The urgency of the order can be explained by the fact that there is a growing anticipation that many demonstrators will travel to the Republican National Convention (RNC), scheduled for August 27-30 in Tampa Bay, Florida, and Democratic National Convention (DNC), planned for September 3-6 in Charlotte, North Carolina.

The RNC itself, for example, will have free speech zones, which will serve as containment quarters for the protesters by not allowing them to leave the designated areas and cause trouble.

Another recent DHS move to gear up was back in March of this year, when it gave the defense contractor ATK a deal to provide the DHS with 450 million .40 caliber hollow-point ammunition over a five year period.

On top of that, the DHS has recently purchased a number of bullet-proof checkpoint booths and hired hundreds of new security guards to protect government buildings.

http://rt.com/usa/news/dhs-unrest-gear-283/

Wibbins
07-30-2012, 11:37 AM
I wonder how much that would cost, I think I'd like to cosplay as a riot police next year

LukeEDay
07-30-2012, 11:39 AM
You can guarantee that it will liberals who start all the trouble. I hope it isn't like it was 1968 Chicago. That was bad.

Janice
07-30-2012, 12:07 PM
Riot gear for Democrat conventions is quite understandable. Thats where the greatest concentration of malcontents (democrat constituents) is always going to be.

Bailey
07-30-2012, 12:19 PM
Trust me if obama loses the inner cities will burst into flames, they don't take disappointment very easy.

ABC in Georgia
07-30-2012, 12:41 PM
No surprise here ...

The Dems know their own! Wherever Obama's folks gather in large groups, there undoubtedly will be ginned up outrage and trouble to follow.

I am a member of the-out-of-control gang of miscreants known as the T.E.A. Party. ...:biggrin-new:

And we, unlike the hell-raising Dems are equipped only with our brains, our voices, and our "pens!"

Ps. Rock

I see by your new avatar ... that you are geared up and ready to fight for "Truth, Justice, and The American Way!"

Ha! Ha!

Love it! ~ ABC:love_heart:

LukeEDay
07-30-2012, 12:43 PM
Maybe if John Lennon was still alive they could all get him to have a bed in with them, and maybe sing a few bars of 'Give peace a chance'. Wait, John Lennon was a republican, so that wouldn't work ...

NJCardFan
07-30-2012, 12:49 PM
Maybe if John Lennon was still alive they could all get him to have a bed in with them, and maybe sing a few bars of 'Give peace a chance'. Wait, John Lennon was a republican, so that wouldn't work ...

Um, Lennon was far from Republican. He and his fugly wife were communists through and though. Ever listen to the words to Imagine? That is a communist dream.

LukeEDay
07-30-2012, 12:53 PM
Um, Lennon was far from Republican. He and his fugly wife were communists through and though. Ever listen to the words to Imagine? That is a communist dream.

'John Lennon was a secret Republican, former assistant says'

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-20075519-10391698.html

Rockntractor
07-30-2012, 12:58 PM

He actually was toward the end and even supported Reagan.

ABC in Georgia
07-30-2012, 01:13 PM

I am with you on this NJ.

I suppose anything *is* possible, but I seriously doubt it!

In case anyone has forgotten the charming lyrics, here they are in all their glory for you to enjoy!

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be one

Imagine no possesions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will live as one

~ ABC

Rockntractor
07-30-2012, 01:27 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2009562/John-Lennon-closet-conservative-fan-Reagan.html

LukeEDay
07-30-2012, 01:32 PM
I am with you on this NJ.

I suppose anything *is* possible, but I seriously doubt it!

In case anyone has forgotten the charming lyrics, here they are in all their glory for you to enjoy!

~ ABC

I never really cared for Imagine. I am more of a 'I am the Walrus' Fan :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2009562/John-Lennon-closet-conservative-fan-Reagan.html

Yup. That is about right. Towards the end Lennon was a very private person and kept a lot of things to himself. Some say it was mostly because of the really bad heroin addiction he had.

NJCardFan
07-30-2012, 10:15 PM
He actually was toward the end and even supported Reagan.

According to Elliot Mintz (http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/01/john-lennon-rep-elliot-mintz-ronald-reagan-supporter-imagine-fred-seaman-assistant/), that assistant is full of it.

Rockntractor
07-30-2012, 10:19 PM
According to Elliot Mintz (http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/01/john-lennon-rep-elliot-mintz-ronald-reagan-supporter-imagine-fred-seaman-assistant/), that assistant is full of it.

Anything is possible but many people do become conservative as they grow older.

JoeKwonDo
07-30-2012, 10:25 PM
Anything is possible but many people do become conservative as they grow older.

It's part of the getting wiser with age program!

ABC in Georgia
07-30-2012, 10:56 PM

Still with you on this one NJ!

Even though I do believe that (who knows how many?) as the expression based on something Churchill said long ago something like ... (damnation, I just can't think straight at the moment ........ )

"Anyone under the age of 30 who is not a liberal, has no heart. Anyone *over* the age of 30 and is not a conservative ... has no brain!"

Words to that effect at least.

As for John Lennon embracing Conservatism? ... Too big a stretch for me!

~ ABC

marinejcksn
07-30-2012, 11:36 PM
LORD I'm praying that a bunch of Occutards show up at the Dummiecrat convention! Bring back the good ol days of 68 and watch the idiots tear themselves asunder :biggrin-new: