PDA

View Full Version : Local Republican state legislator harassed for kids not sharing candy at parade

Hubie
07-29-2012, 09:37 PM
My local state representative shared an encounter with a loony leftist who took umbrage at her kids collecting candy while they recently participated in a parade with her. He yelled at her from his float during the parade and came up to her afterwards and started berating her for not teaching her kids to share the candy they collected and saying it wasn't fair that they got so much. He did this directly in front of the kids, prompting one of them to be on the verge of tears. She offered one of the kids' bags to the man so he could distribute the candy himself, but he unsurprisingly refused, saying the kids should share it with their friends. My representative noticed that the man's wife was nearby and "looked mortified" by his tirade. In the end, my representative never got the man's name and didn't remember exactly what float he was on, but she used the event as a valuable opportunity to teach her kids about Democrats. :smile-new:

Hubie
07-31-2012, 07:40 PM
It's gotten worse. A progressive website here just posted an article blaming HER for the whole thing! All while excusing the screwball who started yelling at her about it in the first place. Sheesh!