PDA

View Full Version : Does Mayor Bloomberg have a Napoleon complex?

RedGrouse
07-30-2012, 01:20 PM
Does Mayor Bloomberg have a Napoleon complex?
http://www.thefreesociety.org/Issues/Food-and-Drink/does-mayor-bloomberg-have-a-napoleon-complex

No surprise right there. Control freak.

noonwitch
07-30-2012, 02:21 PM
On the weekend news, they announced that Bloomburg now wants to ban baby formula-or at least make mothers ask the hospital for it, then be given a lecture as to why breast-feeding is better for their babies, before the hospital staff gives them formula.

I agree that the benefits of breast-feeding are worth giving up smoking and such for another 6 months after giving birth (preventing allergies, in particular), I don't think the Mayor of New York should be making that determination for all the women in his city. My sister would have loved to have been able to have breast-feed her kids when they were babies, but she couldn't due to the medication she had to take for Crohn's disease.

It drives me nuts at work when I see mothers who choose to spend their money on formula for their babies instead of saving the money and breast-feeding them. But it's their decision to make, not mine.

Janice
07-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Mayor Doomberg seems to fit right into this regimes statist agenda.

Odysseus
07-30-2012, 04:30 PM
On the weekend news, they announced that Bloomburg now wants to ban baby formula-or at least make mothers ask the hospital for it, then be given a lecture as to why breast-feeding is better for their babies, before the hospital staff gives them formula.

I agree that the benefits of breast-feeding are worth giving up smoking and such for another 6 months after giving birth (preventing allergies, in particular), I don't think the Mayor of New York should be making that determination for all the women in his city. My sister would have loved to have been able to have breast-feed her kids when they were babies, but she couldn't due to the medication she had to take for Crohn's disease.

It drives me nuts at work when I see mothers who choose to spend their money on formula for their babies instead of saving the money and breast-feeding them. But it's their decision to make, not mine.

When our babies were born, I helped with the feedings so that Mrs. O could get some sleep, and there were times when she hadn't gotten enough milk out and it was a choice between formula or waking the Mrs., and we agreed that it would be formula. Bloomberg really needs to get over his desire to micromanage the lives of New Yorkers and work on the things that he was elected to deal with. Crime, for example, has been creeping upwards over the last couple of years, the NYC school system remains badly run, the city's tax and regulatory structures are horrific for small businesses and the middle class has been fleeing the city for years. Rent control continues to erode the housing stock, the homeless have begun to reappear on the streets in pre-Giuliani numbers and don't get me started on the cost of tolls into and out of the city. If Bloomie can't fix these issues, then he needs to look for a new job, not impose his will on things that are are not broken.

Hubie
07-31-2012, 12:07 AM
No, he doesn't have a Napoleon complex. He's just another idiot liberal who wants to enact a nanny state because he thinks he knows better how you should live your life.