PDA

View Full Version : Black pastors: Obama does not have the black vote ‘in his pocket’

Gina
07-31-2012, 09:00 PM
Link (http://washingtonexaminer.com/black-pastors-obama-does-not-have-the-black-vote-in-the-bag/article/2503598?custom_click=rss&tw_p=twt)

Rev. William Owens, head of the Coalition of African American Pastors, said that President Obama’s support for gay marriage may cost him the election due by weakening his support among black voters.

“He has not done a smart thing and it might cost him the election,” Owens said during a press conference today at the National Press Club today. “There are more people that want marriage to be right than there are homosexuals.”

Owens, who said he supported Obama in 2008, announced that CAAP is launching a “Mandate for Marriage” campaign around the country to urge black voters to withhold their support from Obama unless he retracts his support for gay marriage.

Owens said that supporters of traditional marriage, not gay marriage, face discrimination. “Some people are saying because of the position that Chick-Fil-A has taken that they don’t want them in their city,” Owens noted. “It’s a disgrace. It’s the same thing that happened when I was marching for civil rights — when they didn’t want a black in their restaurant, they didn’t want us staying in their hotels. Now they’re saying, because we take a Christian position, they don’t want us in their cities.”

He accused Obama of supporting gay marriage in order to gain campaign contributions. “For the president to bow to the money, as Judas did for Jesus Christ, is a disgrace and a shame,” Owens said.

Obama has ignored the black community, Owens also said, citing the president’s absence at the NAACP convention and other events.

“The president has ignored the black community because he feels he has us in his pocket,” Owens said. “Well, we’re not in his pocket, and [just] because he’s black we refuse give him a pass.”
Obama is taking the black vote for granted which is probably a mistake.

LukeEDay
07-31-2012, 09:36 PM
I saw this on the news and love it. obama coming out in favor of gay marriage could, just like the one guy said, cost him the election. I loved hearing him say that.

Hubie
08-01-2012, 01:08 AM
A mostly black UCC church in Minnesota had to shut down recently after the pastor of over 20 years came out in support of gay "marriage" (a boneheaded move) and lost the vast majority of the congregants (from about 300 to 125). Because of the loss in offerings, the church took out a very risky high-interest loan to pay the bills (another boneheaded move), but was unable to pay it back, even despite a last-ditch attempt to fund-raise.

LukeEDay
08-01-2012, 10:48 AM
A mostly black UCC church in Minnesota had to shut down recently after the pastor of over 20 years came out in support of gay "marriage" (a boneheaded move) and lost the vast majority of the congregants (from about 300 to 125). Because of the loss in offerings, the church took out a very risky high-interest loan to pay the bills (another boneheaded move), but was unable to pay it back, even despite a last-ditch attempt to fund-raise.

When you look at the stats, 65% of democrats support gay marriage. And seeing that only 20% of the country is registered democrat, that is a very small amount. So any drop in membership and funds he gets is expected.

noonwitch
08-02-2012, 08:59 AM
I think the black preachers don't know their congregations' voting choices as well as they think they do. I don't think Obama has lost very many black votes over supporting gay marriage.

Rebel Yell
08-02-2012, 09:17 AM
I think the black preachers don't know their congregations' voting choices as well as they think they do. I don't think Obama has lost very many black votes over supporting gay marriage.

This is what I think. NOTHING comes before race, even God.

Rockntractor
08-02-2012, 09:23 AM

97.5% will vote for Obama instead of the usual 97.8%

Janice
08-02-2012, 10:24 AM
http://i.imgur.com/vDWY3.jpg

Sounds like 0dummys re-election campaign is facing something similar to what he has been facilitating against our nation ... "death by a thousand cuts".

What goes around comes around?

AmPat
08-02-2012, 12:21 PM

97.5% will vote for Obama instead of the usual 97.8%
Check, check, and check.

The Blacks are not very intelligent or informed voters. They vote based upon feelings and misinformation. They will dutifully pull the lever for the DUmmy In Chief in November. They are stuck on stupid and obeying LBJ's predictions that "we'll have them Nigras voting DIMoRAT for the next 200 years."

O DUmmy could come out on live TV snacking on his late term aborted fetus' and they will vote for him.

TVDOC
08-02-2012, 01:48 PM

I'd counter with the defeat of the "homosexual marriage" proposition in California.........it was largely voted down because black pastors took to their pulpits and denounced the practice.......the homos were outraged, primarily due to the fact that they (and they only) identify their "struggle" with the civil rights movement........this position pisses off blacks even more.......

I believe that the vast number of black people will vote for Obama, but if as few as 5% defect, or simply don't show up, that can be a game-changer in a close election.

doc

Madisonian
08-02-2012, 04:29 PM
Just a shakedown by the black pastors to get more gimme gimme stuff from the administration before the election.

Bailey
08-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Trust me most African Americans are sheep when it comes to obama, no way in hell he doesnt get at least 90% of their vote.

Retread
08-02-2012, 10:56 PM
If the preachers take the message to the pulpit it could make a huge difference. If they just talk to reporters - nada.