PDA

View Full Version : Georgia lumberyard owner hammers Obama on 'You didn't build that'

MountainMan
08-01-2012, 07:22 PM
President Obama's message to entrepreneurs that "you didn't build that" prompted one Georgia business owner to respond with a not-so-subtle retort.

"I built this business without gov't help. Obama can Kiss my ass," reads the sign outside Gaster Lumber & Hardware in Savannah, Ga. Owner Ray Gaster posted that and two similar ones at all three of his company's locations in response to Obama's comments during a speech to supporters in Virignia, which struck a nerve with small business owners around the nation.

FoxNews link (Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/01/georgia-businessman-posts-sign-after-didnt-build-that-debate/#ixzz22L7ajdcY)

http://global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/U.S./ray%20gaster.JPG

dixierat
08-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Even if you give Obama the benefit of the doubt and concede that he was discussing roads and bridges, etc, where does he think the money the government used to build and uses to maintain the infrastucture comes from? The money fairy? An idiot can tell that the government gets their money from the taxpayers. Unless the idiot is wearing the blinders of Keynsian Economics.

Odysseus
08-02-2012, 09:32 AM
Even if you give Obama the benefit of the doubt and concede that he was discussing roads and bridges, etc, where does he think the money the government used to build and uses to maintain the infrastucture comes from? The money fairy? An idiot can tell that the government gets their money from the taxpayers. Unless the idiot is wearing the blinders of Keynsian Economics.

Even Keynes wasn't that stupid. Keynes saw economic downturns as the result of a glut of supply and reduction of demand, which is certainly one of the effects of a recession or depression, if not the cause. Keynes argued for counter cyclical public spending, that is, stimulus when demand for goods depressed the economy, using debt to pay for the temporary stimulus, but using flush times to pay down the debt through reduced spending, so as to unleash private demand. He has since been proven wrong, but he never argued for a permanent debt/stimulus state, something that liberals have always sought to impose, and he also argued against confiscatory tax rates during economic downturns. Compare this to Obama and the Democrats, whose budgets impose permanent deficits and crushing muligenerational debt on the economy. Keynes would have been appalled by that, but Obama and his cronies have probably never really read Keynes, so they don't know what it is that he thought, much less whether or not it was valid.

Hubie
08-02-2012, 10:12 AM
The fact that this is a LUMBER COMPANY that provides materials for people to build things is all the more satisfying.

Starbuck
08-02-2012, 10:19 AM
I love free speech.
It may make some people mad (remember all those Bush/Moron/liar/toast comments?) but it is the law. Unless you own Chick-Fil-A.....heh heh:smile-new:

LukeEDay
08-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Latest polls show that only 30% of business owners support obama. I think I am safe to say that this guy (Caster) is one of 70% that don't.