PDA

View Full Version : Bomb threat at Chick-Fil-A in WV yesterday -- prob. didn't make the news

Hubie
08-02-2012, 10:54 AM
http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/01/bomb-threat-closes-w-va-chick-fil-a-on-appreciation-day/

A bomb threat closed a Chick-fil-A franchise in West Virginia for several hours on Wednesday as supporters across the country participated in an organized “appreciation day” of the fast-food chain.

The Journal-News reported that a Chick-fil-A in Martinsburg was closed for about three hours after a bomb threat was called in around lunchtime. According to the report, the caller said a “device” had been put inside the restaurant.

Police allowed customers back inside after no bomb was found inside the restaurant.

Must've been one of those crazy teabaggers!

Novaheart
08-02-2012, 11:26 AM
“We prosecute to the fullest extent that the law allows for anyone making these types of threats,” Martinsburg City Police said in a news release.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/01/bomb-threat-closes-w-va-chick-fil-a-on-appreciation-day/#ixzz22P1qQTGs

What is the fullest extent of the law for placing a device in a restaurant and then calling them and telling them about it?

Definition of DEVICE

: something devised or contrived: as
a (1) : plan, procedure, technique (2) : a scheme to deceive : stratagem, trick
b : something fanciful, elaborate, or intricate in design
c : something (as a figure of speech) in a literary work designed to achieve a particular artistic effect
d archaic : masque, spectacle
e : a conventional stage practice or means (as a stage whisper) used to achieve a particular dramatic effect
f : a piece of equipment or a mechanism designed to serve a special purpose or perform a special function <an electronic device>

My guess is that the caller amused himself with the notion that the "device" was the idea (see definition one) of calling and simply saying that there is a device in the WTT (white trash temple). Or perhaps he left a pair of pliers or a wind up toy in the WTT.

Still, it was a mean thing to do. Bad hillbilly!

Gina
08-02-2012, 11:59 AM
“We prosecute to the fullest extent that the law allows for anyone making these types of threats,” Martinsburg City Police said in a news release.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/01/bomb-threat-closes-w-va-chick-fil-a-on-appreciation-day/#ixzz22P1qQTGs

What is the fullest extent of the law for placing a device in a restaurant and then calling them and telling them about it?

Definition of DEVICE

c : something (as a figure of speech) in a literary work designed to achieve a particular artistic effect
e : a conventional stage practice or means (as a stage whisper) used to achieve a particular dramatic effect
f : a piece of equipment or a mechanism designed to serve a special purpose or perform a special function <an electronic device>

My guess is that the caller amused himself with the notion that the "device" was the idea (see definition one) of calling and simply saying that there is a device in the WTT (white trash temple). Or perhaps he left a pair of pliers or a wind up toy in the WTT.

Aren't you a liberal? The keepers of the tolerance gene? Why so many intolerant posts today?

Hubie
08-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Aren't you a liberal? The keepers of the tolerance gene? Why so many intolerant posts today?

Because liberals are also the keepers of the "refuse-to-see-their-own-hypocrisy" gene.

Hubie
08-02-2012, 12:09 PM

Definition of DEVICE

GFY.

Novaheart
08-02-2012, 12:11 PM

God said so. Don't be unequally yoked and don't hang out with different folk.

Novaheart
08-02-2012, 12:11 PM
GFY.

If I could do that, I'd be busy and rich... making movies.

Gina
08-02-2012, 12:16 PM

You're right about the first one but not the second. Jesus hung out with 'different folk'. He didn't let them bring Him down though, He tried to bring them up. Go and sin no more. Getting forgiveness works best when you disavow yourself from the sin and try to do better.

Hubie
08-02-2012, 12:26 PM

It's always sad and tragic when a liberal tries to cite the Bible. 9 billion 999 million 999 thousand and 999 times out of 10 billion times, they get it completely wrong. This is no exception.

Odysseus
08-02-2012, 12:37 PM

Definition of DEVICE

Wow, but you're on a tear today. First, given the nature of the controversy, it's unlikely that the caller was a "hillbilly" or any other less than subtle epithet for an opponent of gay marriage. It's far more likely that it was a gay marriage supporter who called it in. Also, the "White Trash Temple" is an amusing comment, in that it presumes a certain elistis disdain for people whose ancestors came over in steamships, rather than leaky wooden tubs. Steerage is still steerage, no matter what century, and your ancestor's accomplishments don't tell us anything about you, personally, but your incessant riding of their coattails does.

Gina
08-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Wow, but you're on a tear today. First, given the nature of the controversy, it's unlikely that the caller was a "hillbilly" or any other less than subtle epithet for an opponent of gay marriage. It's far more likely that it was a gay marriage supporter who called it in. Also, the "White Trash Temple" is an amusing comment, in that it presumes a certain elistis disdain for people whose ancestors came over in steamships, rather than leaky wooden tubs. Steerage is still steerage, no matter what century, and your ancestor's accomplishments don't tell us anything about you, personally, but your incessant riding of their coattails does.

Bam! :smile-new:

FlaGator
08-02-2012, 12:41 PM

You need to understand the meaning of that bit of scripture before you use it...

Just a suggestion.

Novaheart
08-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Also, the "White Trash Temple" is an amusing comment, in that it presumes a certain elistis disdain for people whose ancestors came over in steamships, rather than leaky wooden tubs.

White-trash is not an ethnic subgroup of caucasian, it's a deliberate choice. Granted, one can be raised as white-trash but in today's world it would be hard to not realize that most people don't have junk cars in the front yard and an entire family with criminal records.

FlaGator
08-02-2012, 12:50 PM
White-trash is not an ethnic subgroup of caucasian, it's a deliberate choice. Granted, one can be raised as white-trash but in today's world it would be hard to not realize that most people don't have junk cars in the front yard and an entire family with criminal records.

It is still an elitist and bigoted term to use.

Novaheart
08-02-2012, 12:55 PM
It is still an elitist and bigoted term to use.

It's also racist, don't forget racist. It's an insult to blacks (or Canadians as they are known around here) when you think about it- but since it's free speech then it's OK, right?

TVDOC
08-02-2012, 12:57 PM

Well......let me put it to you this way......I noted your bigoted and racist post on the Michelle Malkin thread, a worse post I've never seen before here. On another board and in another time, I'd have banned you on the spot.

My wife and I both enjoy CFL occasionally, and we both come from humble roots.......farmers......that said, I'd be willing to bet you a substantial sum that I have significantly more education than you do, and before I retired, I likely earned more in a week than you do in a year.......if that makes me "white trash", I'll wear that title as a badge of honor.......

I suspect that the old adage about people, rocks, and glass houses applies......if you continue to impune folks backgrounds and means here, don't be surprised if the "faggot" expression rears its ugly head.........

doc

Novaheart
08-02-2012, 01:00 PM
You need to understand the meaning of that bit of scripture before you use it...

Just a suggestion.

No I don't. When you agree with the straight read then it's the "100 percint akkeritt word of God" and when you don't then you "need to understand it" or interpret it. It's bullshit. The Bible is a wonderful artifact and book of Asian folk history, laws, and stories.

Novaheart
08-02-2012, 01:01 PM
Well......let me put it to you this way......I noted your bigoted and racist post on the Michelle Malkin thread, a worse post I've never seen before here. On another board and in another time, I'd have banned you on the spot.

My wife and I both enjoy CFL occasionally, and we both come from humble roots.......farmers......that said, I'd be willing to bet you a substantial sum that I have significantly more education than you do, and before I retired, I likely earned more in a week than you do in a year.......if that makes me "white trash", I'll wear that title as a badge of honor.......

I suspect that the old adage about people, rocks, and glass houses applies......if you continue to impune folks backgrounds and means here, don't be surprised if the "faggot" expression rears its ugly head.........

doc

If the shoe fits wear it.

FlaGator
08-02-2012, 01:03 PM
It's also racist, don't forget racist. It's an insult to blacks (or Canadians as they are known around here) when you think about it- but since it's free speech then it's OK, right?

It's ok by me. I have no intention of stifling someones right to speak their mind. Personally I try to maintain some standards and not insult the individual but rather I attack the point of view I disagree with. I am not perfect at this, but I do try.

TVDOC
08-02-2012, 01:22 PM
If the shoe fits wear it.

I'd suggest that this applies to you as well.......too much starch in your tights today? Dry cleaner lose your toutou?

Just because people decided that they agree with CFL management, and stage an imprompu demonstration of that fact, which destroys the homosexual agenda specifically, and in general makes liberals look stupid, and makes this tiny, insignificant minority angry, you decide to besmirch people that you don't even know.

You are aware that you and your ilk are not doing your cause any good? Tantrums like yours today just convince the rest of us to further sequester homosexuals in our opinions and actions, and become just as militant as you to resist your objectives.

Not smart.....

As an aside, since you asked upthread, "threatening" to place a bomb in a public place, whether or not the threat is real, is a felony under the Patriot Act.......it's called domestic terrorism, and the minimum sentence is ten years in "club fed"......just so you know.

doc

FlaGator
08-02-2012, 01:27 PM
No I don't. When you agree with the straight read then it's the "100 percint akkeritt word of God" and when you don't then you "need to understand it" or interpret it. It's bullshit. The Bible is a wonderful artifact and book of Asian folk history, laws, and stories.

My faith does tell me to hang out with others not of the faith. Because I have friends that are not of the faith that I hang out with doesn't carry the same weight as being yoked to someone spiritually. I am yoked to by Christian brothers and sisters because we are working for a common goal, to share the good news of salvation and to herald the Kingdom of God. With people I associate with on a spiritual level then we should be equally yoked. With people I work with I am equally yoked to them because of a common goal at work and we have the skills between us to get our work done.

What you are doing is taking a simple comment from Paul found in 2 Corinthians and using it in a broad way to make your point seem to have some merit. You're using the word in a one size fits all fashion when their are different "yokes" for different relationships. Paul was discussing the spiritual relationship that Christians share.

The Bible teaches me how to live my life and to deal justly and kindly with those people outside my faith. It shows me the nature of my Creator and what He expects of me. Before my faith was given to me I was a hateful individual who yoked himself to other individuals (some hateful) because we had mutual goals... we walked along the same path through life. Christ showed me a new path to walk one that bound me to those who also are walking the path but also allows me to reach out to others and offer then what has been given freely to me.

noonwitch
08-02-2012, 01:47 PM

Have you ever really studied the Bible? Not just read it, but studied it, maybe with the help of a study guide or a group? When you do that, you are able to put the words into context. Paul's letters were written, for example, to address issues that had come up in the congregations he was writing to. Plucking a verse out of that context is not an accurate presentation of the meaning of the words. It's sort of like when a video of someone's speech is spliced so that one comment appears offensive, but when put in the context of the overall speech, is not offensive at all.

You can find study groups that won't condemn you for being gay. The Quakers (Society of Friends) are who I would recommend seeking out for that type of study-not that they are the only gay friendly denomination, but the UCC/UMC/PBUSA don't always offer Bible Study, and those that do, usually offer it during the hours that most of us are working. Or, if you want to pick out a book to study on your own, N. T. Wright's series are good. I did the study of the Book of John a few months ago. He asks really good questions in each section, to answer at the end of each reading.

Hubie
08-02-2012, 02:44 PM

Um, yeah. Why don't you take a few days to go live in countries where Christians were not those who influenced the foundations and culture and where the Bible is not welcomed now and tell us again about how awful the Bible is. Go ahead. Pick one: China, Iran, India, etc. Come back and tell us how your experience was.

Hubie
08-02-2012, 02:46 PM
It's sort of like when a video of someone's speech is spliced so that one comment appears offensive, but when put in the context of the overall speech, is not offensive at all.

Ironically, that's just what has been happening with a Republican state representative here recently.

Novaheart
08-02-2012, 02:47 PM
Have you ever really studied the Bible? Not just read it, but studied it, maybe with the help of a study guide or a group? When you do that, you are able to put the words into context. Paul's letters were written, for example, to address issues that had come up in the congregations he was writing to. Plucking a verse out of that context is not an accurate presentation of the meaning of the words. It's sort of like when a video of someone's speech is spliced so that one comment appears offensive, but when put in the context of the overall speech, is not offensive at all.

You can find study groups that won't condemn you for being gay. The Quakers (Society of Friends) are who I would recommend seeking out for that type of study-not that they are the only gay friendly denomination, but the UCC/UMC/PBUSA don't always offer Bible Study, and those that do, usually offer it during the hours that most of us are working. Or, if you want to pick out a book to study on your own, N. T. Wright's series are good. I did the study of the Book of John a few months ago. He asks really good questions in each section, to answer at the end of each reading.

I rather read Proust , which is to say that I have no interest in either.

Hubie
08-02-2012, 02:47 PM
White-trash is not an ethnic subgroup of caucasian, it's a deliberate choice.

No, no. It's obvious genetic and not a choice, thus there needs to be special laws to protect them from people like you. Think about it. Who honestly would CHOOSE to be that?

noonwitch
08-02-2012, 04:10 PM
I rather read Proust , which is to say that I have no interest in either.

Your lack of intellectual curiosity is amazing, although I agree with you about Proust. I tried to read Remembrance of Things Past and was totally bored. Never buy a book because a good-looking guy on "Northern Exposure" reads the only good passage in 3 volumes.

JB
08-02-2012, 07:59 PM
...You are really taking this loss hard aren't you. I don't know why. You lose in opinion polls, you lose at the ballot box and you lose when it comes down to common sense.

Keep those tears coming though. It's quite entertaining.

Hubie
08-02-2012, 08:44 PM
You are really taking this loss hard aren't you. I don't know why. You lose in opinion polls, you lose at the ballot box and you lose when it comes down to common sense.

November is going to be tons of fun, isn't it?

Novaheart
08-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Your lack of intellectual curiosity is amazing, although I agree with you about Proust. I tried to read Remembrance of Things Past and was totally bored. Never buy a book because a good-looking guy on "Northern Exposure" reads the only good passage in 3 volumes.

I wish there was a radio station like KBear. Having Chris read obscure crap makes it somehow more palatable and accessible.

I actually know a guy who is somewhat like Chris. He only has a high school education, and not an exceptional one at that, but he is the best read person I know.

Novaheart
08-02-2012, 09:11 PM
It's always sad and tragic when a liberal tries to cite the Bible. 9 billion 999 million 999 thousand and 999 times out of 10 billion times, they get it completely wrong. This is no exception.

I wasn't quoting the Bible you idiot, I was mocking it.

Novaheart
08-02-2012, 09:19 PM
You are really taking this loss hard aren't you. I don't know why. You lose in opinion polls, you lose at the ballot box and you lose when it comes down to common sense.

What loss? I got to amuse myself at the expense of right wing morons. Here's a funny story: I went to Chik Fil A yesterday to see if anyone in Pie-Nellas Park showed up for the event. It wasn't record breaking, in fact from the highway I wasn't sure it wasn't just a normal rush hour. But up close, clearly something was going on, and the line to order was looping the building. Some guy wanted to back out a parking space, so I looked behind me, and backed up about four feet towards the SUV behind me. When Felicia Fundie saw me do that, she backed up too: right into the car behind her. A couple of minutes later, I was in a position to cause gridlock, which I gleefully did, causing some person who had just bought her bag of Christian victuals to become quite nasty towards me. After another couple of minutes, I wrapped up my conversation with my mother on the phone and left. It was OK for grins but not worth a major time investment.

Novaheart
08-02-2012, 09:21 PM
The Bible teaches me how to live my life and to deal justly and kindly with those people outside my faith. It shows me the nature of my Creator and what He expects of me. Before my faith was given to me I was a hateful individual who yoked himself to other individuals (some hateful) because we had mutual goals... we walked along the same path through life. Christ showed me a new path to walk one that bound me to those who also are walking the path but also allows me to reach out to others and offer then what has been given freely to me.

It's childish.

NJCardFan
08-02-2012, 10:36 PM

So says the person calling yesterday bigot day. Shame you are so blinded by your own hypocrisy. I really feel sorry for you.

NJCardFan
08-02-2012, 10:42 PM

Says the person who called yesterday bigot day. :rolleyes:

Hubie
08-02-2012, 10:52 PM

I didn't say you were quoting it. I said you were citing it. Big difference.

In any case, if you try to mock something, you should really endeavor to first understand it. You clearly do not.

Hubie
08-02-2012, 11:39 PM
It's childish.

What's childish is your hypocritical intolerance and bigotry.

Zathras
08-03-2012, 01:51 AM
What's childish is your hypocritical intolerance and bigotry.

Nova should get a job working in a movie theater. The last few days have proven that he's an expert projectionist.

txradioguy
08-03-2012, 04:19 AM
Nova should get a job working in a movie theater. The last few days have proven that he's an expert projectionist.

Yup. Complete denial of what he saw happening yesterday.

Adam Wood
08-03-2012, 07:27 AM
What loss? I got to amuse myself at the expense of right wing morons. Here's a funny story: I went to Chik Fil A yesterday to see if anyone in Pie-Nellas Park showed up for the event. It wasn't record breaking, in fact from the highway I wasn't sure it wasn't just a normal rush hour. But up close, clearly something was going on, and the line to order was looping the building. Some guy wanted to back out a parking space, so I looked behind me, and backed up about four feet towards the SUV behind me. When Felicia Fundie saw me do that, she backed up too: right into the car behind her. A couple of minutes later, I was in a position to cause gridlock, which I gleefully did, causing some person who had just bought her bag of Christian victuals to become quite nasty towards me. After another couple of minutes, I wrapped up my conversation with my mother on the phone and left. It was OK for grins but not worth a major time investment.So, you've just admitted that you fled the scene of an accident that you knowingly caused. I'm pretty sure that's a jailable offense in Florida.

Odysseus
08-03-2012, 08:25 AM
There are quite a few people whose wealth and privilege guarantee that they won't have a junked car in the front yard, but thanks to the left, millions of people from affluent backgrounds have criminal records. In fact, OWS is pretty much a repository for such persons. Throw in the trashed parks and you basically have people reverting to trash despite having been raised to know better. In your case, the junker isn't the car that you don't have on your lawn, but the hatred in your soul that you feel for those who don't slavishly pay homage to your lifestyle. The head of CFL doesn't believe in gay marriage. So? That doesn't make him a bigot, it makes him someone who disagrees with you on a contentious social issue that your own activists swore up and down wasn't on their agenda just a few years ago. Was Obama a bigot when he spoke out against gay marriage during the 2008 campaign? Was Bill Clinton when he signed the Defense of Marriage Act? There's enough real bigotry in the world without you having to invent new categories for it. In another thread, I saw a viciously bigoted post from someone who apparently has a real problem with Fillipinas, and who really ought to consider the adage about glass houses. And speaking of which...

You may want to avoid calling others bigots as you viciously mock their beliefs.

What loss? I got to amuse myself at the expense of right wing morons. Here's a funny story: I went to Chik Fil A yesterday to see if anyone in Pie-Nellas Park showed up for the event. It wasn't record breaking, in fact from the highway I wasn't sure it wasn't just a normal rush hour. But up close, clearly something was going on, and the line to order was looping the building. Some guy wanted to back out a parking space, so I looked behind me, and backed up about four feet towards the SUV behind me. When Felicia Fundie saw me do that, she backed up too: right into the car behind her. A couple of minutes later, I was in a position to cause gridlock, which I gleefully did, causing some person who had just bought her bag of Christian victuals to become quite nasty towards me. After another couple of minutes, I wrapped up my conversation with my mother on the phone and left. It was OK for grins but not worth a major time investment.

So, you caused an accident, tied up traffic and generally made a nuisance of yourself in order to be cruel to people whose sole offense was ordering chicken from a restaurant that you disdain? Clearly, you didn't go far enough in your attack on the non-violent protest that you were attempting to interfere with. Perhaps you can take a page out of a previous generation of Democrats' anti-protest playbook and break out the fire hoses and dogs. Congratulations, Nova, you've finally found a parallel with the Civil Rights Movement. You're becoming the new Bull Connor.

Novaheart
08-03-2012, 10:40 AM
So, you caused an accident, .

GO back and read my post. I didn't cause an accident. I backed up safely and came to a full stop. Raylene took it upon herself to back into the car behind her, because the idiot who had waited in line for an hour to get a chicken crap sandwich was grumpy and wanted to back his truck out of his parking space. I allowed him to do that. Raylene didn't have to back up and into the car behind her, she was just careless.

Novaheart
08-03-2012, 10:44 AM
......... people whose sole offense was ordering chicken from a restaurant that you disdain? .

If you think those people waited over an hour for food from CFA just because they wanted to eat, then you are an idiot. It would be interesting to know how many of them believe in a worldwide communist Jewish banking conspiracy.

txradioguy
08-03-2012, 11:30 AM
If you think those people waited over an hour for food from CFA just because they wanted to eat, then you are an idiot. It would be interesting to know how many of them believe in a worldwide communist Jewish banking conspiracy.

What bothers you more about this Nova...that millions of people turned out to show their support...blowing open the left theory that the majority of Americans support gay marriage...or the realization yet again of jsut how much in the minority you and your closely held beliefs really are?

Odysseus
08-03-2012, 03:11 PM
GO back and read my post. I didn't cause an accident. I backed up safely and came to a full stop. Raylene took it upon herself to back into the car behind her, because the idiot who had waited in line for an hour to get a chicken crap sandwich was grumpy and wanted to back his truck out of his parking space. I allowed him to do that. Raylene didn't have to back up and into the car behind her, she was just careless.

Careless, or trying to accommodate you? From your post:

Some guy wanted to back out a parking space, so I looked behind me, and backed up about four feet towards the SUV behind me. When Felicia Fundie saw me do that, she backed up too: right into the car behind her. A couple of minutes later, I was in a position to cause gridlock, which I gleefully did, causing some person who had just bought her bag of Christian victuals to become quite nasty towards me. After another couple of minutes, I wrapped up my conversation with my mother on the phone and left. It was OK for grins but not worth a major time investment.

So, you backed up, she backed up, and somebody behind her didn't, or moved forward (you have no way of knowing). Whether you caused the accident or not (and we don't know, although from your tone, you were quite proud of it until called on it), you certainly enjoyed the result. And, by your own admission, you sat there chatting on your cell phone while you blocked traffic. I stand by my assessment that you were being a jackass.

If you think those people waited over an hour for food from CFA just because they wanted to eat, then you are an idiot.
I didn't say why they ordered the food, only that they did so, and that you considered that justification for causing a traffic jam and being a general douche. Frankly, I suspect that most of them were more concerned about free speech and bullying than about gay marriage, but since you're on the side of the bullies, you can't see that.

It would be interesting to know how many of them believe in a worldwide communist Jewish banking conspiracy.

Probably very few. That's more of an OWS talking point. See below, and thanks for playing.

http://palestinechronicle.com/uploads/1320089119wall_street_palestine_sign.jpg
http://cdn.pjmedia.com/tatler/files/2011/10/aag2.jpg
http://jhate.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/wallst.jpg?w=328&h=449

JB
08-03-2012, 05:17 PM
If you think those people waited over an hour for food from CFA just because they wanted to eat, then you are an idiot.And if you think they waited because gay marriage was the issue then you are an idiot.

JB
08-03-2012, 05:25 PM
It's childish.Then so is the belief that a person is born gay.

Odysseus
08-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Then so is the belief that a person is born gay.

Some are. Some are sucked into it. :evil-grin: