PDA

View Full Version : So what happened to the Chick-Fil-A "kiss-in?"

Hubie
08-03-2012, 11:58 PM
Not seeing much about it. No reports of blocks-long lines of cars and people. No traffic disruption. Nothing much. I found exactly ONE video on YouTube and it's pretty pathetic. The gays didn't actually kiss in a Chick-Fil-A, but in the food court area near a shopping mall location. The Chick-Fil-A employees probably didn't even notice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ldMDDAlMb4

Cowards.

Apocalypse
08-04-2012, 12:11 AM
Well lets see here...

Besides all the gays kissing. As expected. There were the usual idiots.

http://cdn.pjmedia.com/tatler/files/2012/08/chix1.jpg

Not to forget the police were called in.

Drama at the Chick-fil-A same sex "Kiss-In" event in Hollywood ... TMZ has learned the chicken joint called police today claiming the MEDIA was harassing its employees.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... the Chick-fil-A staff wasn't bothered by the pro-gay marriage event taking place inside the restaurant, but felt the media was being too aggressive in trying to get commentary from Chick-fil-A employees.

Hubie
08-04-2012, 12:28 AM
Wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9WGG1Y-PQ8

NJCardFan
08-04-2012, 12:44 AM
Well, when your maturity leveled off at 6 years old, acting like a petulant child shouldn't be that surprising.

FlaGator
08-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Let's see, millions peacefully line up at Chick-fil-A to by breakfast, lunch or dinner to make a cultural statement or a few malcontents vandalizing stores, throwing tomatoes and generally making a nuisance of themselves.

Which side consists of liberals?

Hubie
08-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Let's see, millions peacefully line up at Chick-fil-A to by breakfast, lunch or dinner to make a cultural statement or a few malcontents vandalizing stores, throwing tomatoes and generally making a nuisance of themselves.

Which side consists of liberals?

All they had was some nebulous, unproven claims of "hate speech" like "Let the gays starve."

Odysseus
08-04-2012, 11:31 AM
Wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9WGG1Y-PQ8

So, the best that they could do was turn one of their own into a human pinata. Seriously?

LukeEDay
08-04-2012, 12:46 PM
The MSM was real quick to report this, but not the appreciation day. I guess that should tell you whose side they are on. As for the Kiss-in? It was an epic failure.

Rockntractor
08-04-2012, 07:23 PM
This was billed as the greatest protest since Occupy Wall Street. Thousands of scantily clad gay men and lesbians said they’d lock lips in a coast-to-coast red-hot make-out session.

They were to blast anti-gay-marriage comments made by Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy. But gays preferred staying home to watch “The Real Housewives of New Jersey.”

Tumbleweeds could have rolled through the Paramus Park Mall in New Jersey yesterday as a symbol for the lack of stamina in the national kissing campaign.

From Georgia to California, protests drew yawns, not saliva.

Even in Atlanta, the home of Chick-fil-A, only two dozen kissers showed up. And there was a similar lack of necking in Chicago, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and San Francisco.

At NYU, 20 people weren’t allowed in the dorm that hosts the city’s only Chick-fil-A. Just three pairs of guys kissed on the street.

In Jersey, I only found eight kissers — and two weren’t even bi!

Giggling like overaged cheerleaders, Jessi Friechter, 42, and Claudia Campagna, 51, stared into each other’s eyes. And in full view of the Chik-fil-A neon sign, the coworkers pecked each other on the cheek — handing me an iPhone to record the event.

“My husband would love this,” teased Friechter.

Nearby, an older gent who refused to give his name was freaking out.

“That’s disgusting! That’s not why I came here,” he said.

“Why don’t they go to Sbarro and do that? Why don’t they go to Subway?”

So much for the kiss-fest. It couldn’t even draw New York’s Lesbian-in-Chief Christine Quinn, who wants to boot Chick-fil-A from the city.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/chicken_lips_are_scarce_YjYD7gxNbcBd4WhzBWcJgN#ixz z22cfpBP3p

Hubie
08-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Somewhere (I can't recall right now), I stated "What do you expect from a group that is less than 2% of the population?" and someone tried to "debunk" me by claiming homosexuals number 8 million in the U.S. The figure is likely inflated, but in any case, 8,000,000 / 311,000,000 = 2.6%, which is a far cry from their usual 5-10% claim. They aren't helping their case.

JB
08-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Wow.It's always about the violence with these clowns.

ABC in Georgia
08-04-2012, 09:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ldMDDAlMb4

Don't particularly care to see it, but ...small time Yech!

Just keep it between themselves at home ... and *between their maker and themselves when they die.*

As someone else in here said, I also have a family member (cousin in his 60's ... retired) that is gay (in Canada) and is doing very well for himself (Capitalist, don'tcha know?) ... :biggrin-new:

As far as his sex-life goes, am not interested, nor does he ever expose the rest of us to it.

He knows that we love him, and carry on with our lives and our relationship to him, regardless.

Except for family ... he is not ready to come out of the closet, as is my friend in Toronto, who helps with young gays that are "suicidal" that I told you about not long ago in here.

~ ABC

ABC in Georgia
08-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Well lets see here...

http://cdn.pjmedia.com/tatler/files/2012/08/chix1.jpg

As for this pic ... and his t-shirt? Are no words to suffice!

Will just have to post: :vomit: ... :vomit: X 100!

~ ABC

ABC in Georgia
08-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Now must get back to reading the rest of the thread!

Only got that far, before re-acting! :smile-new:

~ ABC

Rockntractor
08-04-2012, 09:55 PM

~ ABC

He hasn't seen bath water in a long time!

Apocalypse
08-06-2012, 09:42 PM
Get this, since the "Kiss In" was such a success.

Gays Planning Starbucks Appreciation Day To Counter Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day…
Via LA Times (http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-chickfila-starbucks-gay-20120806,0,2945774.story):

Gay marriage activists are planning to swarm Starbucks on Tuesday in an attempt to counter the record sales from last week’s Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day.

The chicken chain enjoyed a surge of support during the Wednesday event, dreamed up by former presidential candidate Mike Huckabee after Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy went on the record backing the “biblical definition of the family unit.”

A follow-up protest from Chick-fil-A critics on Friday, which was dubbed Same Sex Kiss Day, was more subdued.

Advocates for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender rights are trying again Tuesday with National Marriage Equality Day, initiated by Equally Wed, a lesbian and gay wedding magazine. So far, nearly 28,000 people have signed up to attend.

The event was originally called National Starbucks Appreciation Day in honor of the coffee giant, which recently threw its support behind efforts to make gay marriage legal.

-----------------------------

So your going to have a counter protest at a gay supporting business to outdo the sales of the other.

Lets see, a $5 Chicken Sandwich and a $1 drink verses a small overpriced $8 coffee?

Yea, I don't see this going down well ether. They will be too busy blogging about their protest then spending money.

SaintLouieWoman
08-07-2012, 12:27 AM
The Tampa anchors on the affiliate stations on the kiss-in day were asking viewers to call in to let them know if anyone showed up at the local Chick-Fil-A's. Apparently no one called, as they had no pics that I recall of any great numbers (or any) of folks locking lips at the chicken place.

Even in Florida (at least this part) their protest was a big flop that was derided by the local MSM.

LukeEDay
08-07-2012, 01:11 AM

Gays Planning Starbucks Appreciation Day To Counter Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day…
Via LA Times (http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-chickfila-starbucks-gay-20120806,0,2945774.story):

Gay marriage activists are planning to swarm Starbucks on Tuesday in an attempt to counter the record sales from last week’s Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day.

The chicken chain enjoyed a surge of support during the Wednesday event, dreamed up by former presidential candidate Mike Huckabee after Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy went on the record backing the “biblical definition of the family unit.”

A follow-up protest from Chick-fil-A critics on Friday, which was dubbed Same Sex Kiss Day, was more subdued.

Advocates for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender rights are trying again Tuesday with National Marriage Equality Day, initiated by Equally Wed, a lesbian and gay wedding magazine. So far, nearly 28,000 people have signed up to attend.

The event was originally called National Starbucks Appreciation Day in honor of the coffee giant, which recently threw its support behind efforts to make gay marriage legal.

So your going to have a counter protest at a gay supporting business to outdo the sales of the other.

Lets see, a $5 Chicken Sandwich and a $1 drink verses a small overpriced $8 coffee?

Yea, I don't see this going down well ether. They will be too busy blogging about their protest then spending money.

Lets see. it is estimated that over 600,000 people participate in the Chick-Fil-A appreciation day. And 28,000 gays are going to participate in the Starbucks appreciation day? Yeah, that will make a statement *roll eyes*

I love Starbucks. And of course like the whiny crybaby liberals, I won't boycott them because I don't agree with their position on gay marriage. Now if they would act on it, like Target did, I would.

It is the same with Apple Computers and Ben & Jerry's (who support the occupy movement by the way) .... I don't care what a businesses political view is, as long they don't act on it and don't build their business plan around it.

Odysseus
08-07-2012, 08:33 AM

They'll probably get a few thousand to show up at these things, maybe they'll consolidate it so that one or two Starbucks show long lines, which will then be photographed as "proof" of the strong support for gay marriage, or they'll use creative camera angles to make the stores look more crowded than they are, but the media will do whatever it takes to make this look like a mass event.

noonwitch
08-07-2012, 08:59 AM

~ ABC

A shirt like that is grounds for refusal of service in any family restaurant. He'd get kicked out of most malls for wearing that, not because of an anti-religious sentiment, but because of obscene language.

LukeEDay
08-07-2012, 12:32 PM
They'll probably get a few thousand to show up at these things, maybe they'll consolidate it so that one or two Starbucks show long lines, which will then be photographed as "proof" of the strong support for gay marriage, or they'll use creative camera angles to make the stores look more crowded than they are, but the media will do whatever it takes to make this look like a mass event.

Maybe they will have hollywood do some computer generated mind manipulation by creating video of thousands of people there. Look out for there to a lot of triplets on site.

Bailey
08-07-2012, 12:37 PM
I went to a local CFA during the KISS IN and got some chicken in preparation to seeing some hot lipstick lesbian kissing but alas no such luck.

FlaGator
08-07-2012, 12:46 PM
Maybe they will have hollywood do some computer generated mind manipulation by creating video of thousands of people there. Look out for there to a lot of triplets on site.

I live right up the street from a CFA and there is a Starbucks a block away. I'm going to do what I did to confirm the turn out for CFA. I'm going to take a short right up the street and look. I am willing to bet that their will be more people in CFA that day than Starbucks.

Bailey
08-07-2012, 12:54 PM
I live right up the street from a CFA and there is a Starbucks a block away. I'm going to do what I did to confirm the turn out for CFA. I'm going to take a short right up the street and look. I am willing to bet that their will be more people in CFA that day than Starbucks.

For the life of me I dont know why starsucks is still in business, their sludge is awful.

noonwitch
08-07-2012, 02:21 PM
When I was in college, I had a couple of gay friends who liked to kiss each other in public, even though they were not involved with each other in a romantic manner. They called it "flaming". It was something for them to do in a mostly conservative community (K-zoo) during the Reagan years.

They had the excuse of being 19 years old. I don't know either of them now, but I doubt they would find it so much fun now that they are pushing 50.

FlaGator
08-07-2012, 02:27 PM
For the life of me I dont know why starsucks is still in business, their sludge is awful.

I like their cappuccino's but that is it.

FlaGator
08-07-2012, 04:21 PM
It seems that Starbucks is no busier than usual.

Rockntractor
08-07-2012, 05:04 PM
It seems that Starbucks is no busier than usual.

When I drove past an hour ago there were 2 cars parked there rather than the normal 1, so sales must be up 50% today.

Chuck58
08-07-2012, 06:58 PM
We just got back from Santa Fe. The mall we were at has a Starbucks. Didn't notice anything strange, or stranger than usual. We don't visit the place since there's a Dunkin Donuts right up the street where people look and act normal.

In any case, the Santa Fe Starbucks showed nothing exceptional, and given the number of homos and lezzies in Santa Fe it seems nobody got the word there.

NJCardFan
08-07-2012, 07:57 PM
We got lunch from CFA today which is about 100 yards from the Starbucks. Guess which one had more traffic? Hint: It wasn't Starbucks.