PDA

View Full Version : The Progressive Left's Secular Theocracy

Rockntractor
08-05-2012, 09:30 AM
By Jonathan Wakefield

I'm a Christian and a Tea Partier. Obviously I want to overthrow America's constitutional government and replace it with an oppressive theocracy.

Or so the progressive left tells me.

I encounter this accusation often, as wild-eyed MSNBC anchors shout it toward their cameras, increasingly silly columnists write it in the New York Times, and my own acquaintances say it in our political conversations. I don't know if these people actually believe their rhetoric or if they're simply trying to scare others away from all things Tea Party and religious. I suspect that it's a combination of both. Regardless, I can't help but chuckle at the irony my friends on the left are simply too partisan (devout?) to notice.

The Tea Party is a small-government movement that supports freedom of religion, not the establishment of one. I -- and many Christians like me -- believe in the maximum freedom possible under the minimum government required to protect us and our property. This type of system bears no resemblance to a theocracy, which is based on strict and specific religious code. It is God's -- not government's -- role to teach us right and wrong and our role to live by His standards. This is best done in a free society without government intervention wherever possible.

Now -- what type of system does the left support, especially those most vocal against the supposed theocratic Tea Partiers?

Massive, centralized command-and-control, of course.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/08/the_progressive_lefts_secular_theocracy.html#ixzz2 2g71wEkH