PDA

View Full Version : Reid aide talks about source for Romney attack, but quickly retracts

Hubie
08-10-2012, 10:44 AM
This is utterly pathetic:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/10/reid-aide-divulges-details-on-source-romney-tax-claim-then-retracts/

Reid aide Jose Parra first made the claims in an interview on Los Angeles' KTLK radio, defending his boss' decision to trumpet the tax charge last week on the Senate floor and explaining a bit about the source.

"This person is an investor in Bain Capital, a Republican also, and somebody ... who has been dealing with Romney's company for a long, long time and he has direct knowledge on this," Parra said.

Parra's statement comes after Romney, in an interview with Fox News, challenged Reid to identify his source.

However, after some media attention on Parra's radio interview, Parra issued a statement taking those remarks back.

"I do not know the party affiliation of the source, how long he invested with Bain, or his relationship to Romney beyond the fact that he was an investor with Bain Capital, as Senator Reid has previously stated," he said.

Asked Friday about the mix-up, a Reid aide told FoxNews.com the senator "does not have any plans to reveal further information about the identity of his source."

To be a liberal is to have no shame.

LukeEDay
08-10-2012, 11:07 AM
This is getting the left nowhere. Romney can just add this to the list of things to pound obama about at the debates, and on the campaign trail.

Odysseus
08-10-2012, 11:13 AM
How would a Bain investor know anything about Romney's personal returns, especially after he left Bain?

On the plus side, the aide doesn't have the same privileges as Reid. He made his comments in a public forum, and unlike comments made in the well of the senate, he can be held accountable for them under libel law. Romney has grounds for a case, and a subpoena should clear up the talk about the "source" of the story.

LukeEDay
08-10-2012, 11:17 AM
How would a Bain investor know anything about Romney's personal returns, especially after he left Bain?

On the plus side, the aide doesn't have the same privileges as Reid. He made his comments in a public forum, and unlike comments made in the well of the senate, he can be held accountable for them under libel law. Romney has grounds for a case, and a subpoena should clear up the talk about the "source" of the story.

That is true. Good find. I wonder if Romney will push it now?

Gina
08-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Democrats definitely have no shame. Their theory is that even if something is totally false, if it forwards their agenda, it's worth it to run the falsehood. Dan Rather made the 'fake but accurate' thing a way of doing things for them.

AmPat
08-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Is it true that Harry Reid wears women's underwear???:vomit:

Hubie
08-10-2012, 03:39 PM

Yes, but I'm not revealing the source that told me so.

Odysseus
08-10-2012, 03:39 PM

Only when he is molesting kittens. I've heard that, so it must be true.

JB
08-10-2012, 08:12 PM
We need a "Heard it from Harry" meme.

The check is in the mail? Yep, heard it from Harry.
The moon is made of cheese? Yep, heard it from Harry.
Romney killed a woman? Yep, heard if from...wait, that I heard from someone else.

AmPat
08-11-2012, 09:40 AM

Yes, but I'm not revealing the source that told me so.

Only when he is molesting kittens. I've heard that, so it must be true.
Three sources? Yep, it's true!

Unreconstructed Reb
08-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Democrats definitely have no shame. Their theory is that even if something is totally false, if it forwards their agenda, it's worth it to run the falsehood. Dan Rather made the 'fake but accurate' thing a way of doing things for them.

Democrats/liberals have no shame and no honor. They stood by that murderous chicken-shit Ted Kennedy. Libs/dems spend their lifetimes defending crime, corruption, perversion, queers, pedophiles and any form of deviant behavior as long as the deviants vote demorat. When you spend all your time wallowing with the lowest forms of humanity it's no wonder that they have no shame or honor.

Gina
08-11-2012, 12:10 PM
The thing that creeps me out about Reid is, he looks like Granny Clampett.

http://www.moonbattery.com/Reid%20boycott.jpg

Odysseus
08-12-2012, 01:01 AM
The thing that creeps me out about Reid is, he looks like Granny Clampett.

http://www.moonbattery.com/Reid%20boycott.jpg

OMG but that's perfect!!!

That needs to go out to every conservative website in the US. Reid will not be done in by outrage, because Democrats have a lock on that, but ridicule is our best weapon against him, and that's a great start.

It also proves the questions about him wearing women's clothing. :evil-grin: