PDA

View Full Version : Swedish student fails bio. class simply because she called homosexuality "abnormal"



Hubie
08-11-2012, 01:41 AM
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/swedish-high-school-student-fails-bio-class-for-saying-homosexuality-abonor/


A Swedish high-school student recently failed a biology class for saying that homosexuality is abnormal, according to Swedish national news-site, svt.se.

The site reports that a grade 8 student at Nynäshamn Highschool in Stockholm County, Sweden, expressed the opinion that homosexuality was “onormalt” — literally “abnormal” — and, as a result, received a failing grade.

When the student questioned the grade, the teacher reportedly replied that it was because of the student’s opinions. The goal of the school’s curriculum, the teacher said, was that students show respect for different sexual orientations, and the student’s views did not correspond with that goal.

Coming soon to America...

AmPat
08-11-2012, 09:57 AM
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/swedish-high-school-student-fails-bio-class-for-saying-homosexuality-abonor/



Coming soon to America...
Already here.

Odysseus
08-12-2012, 01:15 AM
http://monstergirl.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/abby-normal.jpg?w=490&h=339


http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/norm
norm   [nawrm]
noun
1. a standard, model, or pattern.
2. general level or average: Two cars per family is the norm in most suburban communities.

Homosexuals make up roughly 3-4% of the population, while the remainder are heterosexual. When the split is 96% to 4%, the 96% is the norm, and the 4% is outside of the norm, or abnormal. This is not a value judgement and does not imply a moral condemnation, nor is there anything in the article to suggest that the student expressed disapproval of homosexuality, merely that it was outside of the norm.

Failing a student for having an opinion demonstrates that the school is more focused on promoting totalitarian groupthink than education.

Wibbins
08-12-2012, 10:08 AM
http://monstergirl.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/abby-normal.jpg?w=490&h=339


http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/norm
norm   [nawrm]
noun
1. a standard, model, or pattern.
2. general level or average: Two cars per family is the norm in most suburban communities.

Homosexuals make up roughly 3-4% of the population, while the remainder are heterosexual. When the split is 96% to 4%, the 96% is the norm, and the 4% is outside of the norm, or abnormal. This is not a value judgement and does not imply a moral condemnation, nor is there anything in the article to suggest that the student expressed disapproval of homosexuality, merely that it was outside of the norm.

Failing a student for having an opinion demonstrates that the school is more focused on promoting totalitarian groupthink than education.

These are the same people that think "climate change" is real and that teaching children to have 'safe' sex is better than teaching them to abstain and not bothering with the emotional, physical, and mental problems that come from such things.

NJCardFan
08-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Failing a student for having an opinion demonstrates that the school is more focused on promoting totalitarian groupthink than education.

Which will help you pass leftism 101. The left only want you to have independent thought when it comes to art and music. Anything else and you're accused of wrong think which could get you sent to room 101.

Novaheart
08-12-2012, 12:18 PM
http://monstergirl.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/abby-normal.jpg?w=490&h=339


http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/norm
norm   [nawrm]
noun
1. a standard, model, or pattern.
2. general level or average: Two cars per family is the norm in most suburban communities.

Homosexuals make up roughly 3-4% of the population, while the remainder are heterosexual. When the split is 96% to 4%, the 96% is the norm, and the 4% is outside of the norm, or abnormal. This is not a value judgement and does not imply a moral condemnation, nor is there anything in the article to suggest that the student expressed disapproval of homosexuality, merely that it was outside of the norm.

Failing a student for having an opinion demonstrates that the school is more focused on promoting totalitarian groupthink than education.

Blue eyes, left handedness, and homosexual orientation are all variations occurring in predictable percentages of the population. They are normal at those percentages.

By your choice of definition, rain is not normal; neither is night.

NJCardFan
08-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Blue eyes, left handedness, and homosexual orientation are all variations occurring in predictable percentages of the population. They are normal at those percentages.

By your choice of definition, rain is not normal; neither is night.

I would suspect that the % of left handed people or with blue eyes or blue eyes left handers is far greater than the % of homosexuals. But since you want to play this little game, let's talk biology. The main purpose of sex is procreation. No matter how hard you try, 2 people of the same sex wull never, ever procreate. That in itself makes homosexuality abnormal.

Apache
08-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Blue eyes, left handedness, and homosexual orientation are all variations occurring in predictable percentages of the population. They are normal at those percentages.

By your choice of definition, rain is not normal; neither is night.

Still grasping at straws, I see...

txradioguy
08-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Still grasping at straws, I see...

And making it up as he goes along.

Thorn
08-12-2012, 03:29 PM
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/swedish-high-school-student-fails-bio-class-for-saying-homosexuality-abonor/



Coming soon to America...

Apologies, but can anyone provide a working link to this article? I tried to google it and can only find the one source: Lifesitenews.com but the link is broken even there. I'm also concerned that the article in question was not at all vetted. I am disinclined to believe every little story that pops up on the internet without documentation and evidence supporting the claims that are being made.

Hubie
08-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Blue eyes, left handedness, and homosexual orientation are all variations occurring in predictable percentages of the population. They are normal at those percentages.

Utter fail at logic attempt. By this argument, every deviation from the norm is "normal" because it happens "in predictable percentages." Sheesh!


By your choice of definition, rain is not normal; neither is night.

No, that's not by anyone's choice of definition. That's by YOUR straw man. Go dunk your head in the toilet and keep it there. It's where it belongs because it's so full of crap.

Hubie
08-12-2012, 11:40 PM
Already here.

Seems you're right, except here, students get suspended:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/09/22/texas-school-punishes-boy-for-opposing-homosexuality/


An honors student in Fort Worth, Texas, was sent to the principal’s office and punished for telling a classmate that he believes homosexuality is wrong.

Holly Pope said she was “absolutely stunned” when she received a telephone call from an assistant principal at Western Hills High School informing her that her son, Dakota Ary, had been sent to in-school suspension.

“Dakota is a very well-grounded 14-year-old,” she told Fox News Radio noting that her son is an honors student, plays on the football team and is active in his church youth group. “He’s been in church his whole life and he’s been taught to stand up for what he believes.”

And that’s what got him in trouble.

Dakota was in a German class at the high school when the conversation shifted to religion and homosexuality in Germany. At some point during the conversation, he turned to a friend and said that he was a Christian and “being a homosexual is wrong.”

“It wasn’t directed to anyone except my friend who was sitting behind me,” Dakota told Fox. “I guess [the teacher] heard me. He started yelling. He told me he was going to write me an infraction and send me to the office.”

Dakota was sentenced to one day in-school suspension – and two days of full suspension. His mother was flabbergasted, noting that her son had a spotless record, was an honor student, volunteered at his church and played on the school football team.

Of course, you then have the typical pro-gay lies about the incident:

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/was-student-suspended-for-anti-gay-comments-part-of-homophobic-harassment-group/discrimination/2011/09/28/27628


Was Dakota Ary, the Ft. Worth, Texas student who was given detention (reportedly, “in-school suspension,”) for making the anti-gay comment that “homosexuality is wrong,” also part of a group of students who have a recorded history of harassing their German class teacher for being gay?

...

On the particular day in which this incident occurred, Mr. Franks was opening class when the topic of Christianity in Germany was broached by one student, who asked what churches were there, another whether they read the Bible in English, etc. Franks asserts that the topic of homosexuality was not broached in any way, and that Ary‘s assertions to the contrary are entirely false. At this point, Ary declared, with a class audience, “Gays can’t be Christians; homosexuality is wrong,” looking directly at Mr. Franks.

But thankfully, this whole thing had a more positive ending:

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/09/22/3389839/western-hills-student-suspended.html


Pope said that she met with Principal James Wellman on Wednesday morning and that he reversed the suspension. The suspension will not be on Ary's record, she said, and he will be allowed to make up missed class work.

http://www.christianexaminer.com/Articles/Articles%20Oct11/Art_Oct11_06.html


The teacher that imposed a suspension on a 14-year-old high school student for opposing homosexuality has been placed on administrative leave with pay.

...

According to the Liberty Counsel, the teacher had displayed a picture last week of two men kissing on a “World Wall” and told the students that homosexuality is becoming more prevalent in the world and that they should just accept it.

Hmm... Gee... That last part sounds a little like indoctrination, doesn't it?

Odysseus
08-12-2012, 11:54 PM
Blue eyes, left handedness, and homosexual orientation are all variations occurring in predictable percentages of the population. They are normal at those percentages.

Actually, blue eyes are the norm among some peoples, and an abnormality among others (How many African Americans or Asians have them?). Left-handedness is statistically rarer than right-handedness, which is the norm. Homosexual orientation occurs in less than 5% of the population. It is outside of the norm. Night occurs roughly 12 out of 24 hours throughout the year, with variations based on season and distance from the Equator, so it is not abnormal. Night occurring at noon in July in the Northern Hemisphere would be abnormal. Night occurring at midnight is not. As for rain, in Seattle, it's the norm, and sunlight is abnormal, but comparing abnormalities human populations to weather phenomena is comparing apples to oranges. Nice flail there, but not exactly a winning argument.


By your choice of definition, rain is not normal; neither is night.

Actually, it's dictionary.com's definition, but thank you for playing.

Now, let's go to the crux of the matter. Should the student have failed for having an opinion that differed from the mandatory groupthink of the Swedish school system?

Rockntractor
08-13-2012, 12:12 AM
Night occurring at noon in July in the Northern Hemisphere would be abnormal.

Although a liberal telling you it was night in the middle of the day and expecting you to believe that would be perfectly normal.

noonwitch
08-13-2012, 10:41 AM
It's not fair to fail a kid in a class because he or she stated an unpopular or wrong opinion, unless that opinion is stated on an assignment and the student can't back up his claim with facts.

If the opinion was stated in a way that targeted another student or was just plain obnoxious, it should be handled through the school's disciplinary code. It shouldn't be dealt with in a way that discourages the student's academic progress.