PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: Shooting at Family Research Council office in DC

txradioguy
08-15-2012, 12:14 PM
Two people, including one security guard, were shot at the office of the Family Research Council in Washington, D.C., this morning. The suspect is reportedly in custody.

“The police are investigating this incident,” said FRC President Tony Perkins in a statement on the shooting. “Our first concern is with our colleague who was shot today. Our concern is for him and his family.”

The shooter was also reportedly shot, according to a local news report, which notes that the FBI is at the scene. The suspect is in custody, the FBI told Talking Points Memo.

The Family Research Council is a socially-conservative non-profit that participates in cultural debates about abortion, traditional marriage, and religious liberty.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/shooting-at-family-research-council-office-in-dc/article/2504989#.UCvKZal1538

MountainMan
08-15-2012, 12:20 PM
I'm sure this will be all over ABC, NBC, CBS, PMSNBC, CNN, and NPR any minute now.......................

Yep, any minute..........................

I'm sure it will be any minute now....

Yep............

txradioguy
08-15-2012, 12:46 PM
For those not familiar with the group...this organization was started by Dr. James Dobson of "Focus on the Family" fame.

FNC is now saying that, before he opened fire, the gunman "expressed disagreement with the conservative group's policy positions."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/15/guard-at-family-research-council-shot/

FlaGator
08-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Not before the DUers label this as an act by an agent provocateur put on by the VRWC to put those peace loving libs in a bad light.

MountainMan
08-15-2012, 12:53 PM
For those not familiar with the group...this organization was started by Dr. James Dobson of "Focus on the Family" fame.

FNC is now saying that, before he opened fire, the gunman "expressed disagreement with the conservative group's policy positions."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/15/guard-at-family-research-council-shot/

That will be downplayed as much as possible.

I would bet dollars to donuts he was either a member of or admirer of OWS and probably got this his from the Southern Poverty Law website who mistakenly thinks the FRC is a hate group.

txradioguy
08-15-2012, 12:57 PM

I would bet dollars to donuts he was either a member of or admirer of OWS and probably got this his from the Southern Poverty Law website who mistakenly thinks the FRC is a hate group.

What's this idiots DU name. You KNOW Skinner and Co. have to be pouring over their membership logs incase a purge is needed.

Hubie
08-15-2012, 01:03 PM
I'm sure this will be all over ABC, NBC, CBS, PMSNBC, CNN, and NPR any minute now.......................

Yep, any minute..........................

I'm sure it will be any minute now....

Yep............

*passes out from holding breath while waiting*

MountainMan
08-15-2012, 01:08 PM
What's this idiots DU name. You KNOW Skinner and Co. have to be pouring over their membership logs incase a purge is needed.

I would love to see the headline on Drudge....."FRC gunman was a member of Occupy Wall Street and DemocraticUnderground.com"

Priceless....

noonwitch
08-15-2012, 01:15 PM

OWS is more about the economy/banks/Wall Street. I'm guessing, since the shooter is a man, it's probably some crazy gay guy who heard a voice in his head telling him to go and shoot people at the FRC.

txradioguy
08-15-2012, 01:19 PM
I would love to see the headline on Drudge....."FRC gunman was a member of Occupy Wall Street and DemocraticUnderground.com"

Priceless....

I'd screen cap that...print it and frame it

MountainMan
08-15-2012, 01:26 PM
OWS is more about the economy/banks/Wall Street. I'm guessing, since the shooter is a man, it's probably some crazy gay guy who heard a voice in his head telling him to go and shoot people at the FRC. noonwitch, you are wrong. OWS is the new "Weather Underground". They are involved at every level of the democrat machine.
The sane democrats should try and distance themselves from the group.

txradioguy
08-15-2012, 01:51 PM
Update to the story via FNC website:

A security guard at the Family Research Council's headquarters in Washington, D.C. is being hailed as a hero after he stopped a gunman posing as an intern, taking a bullet in the arm before wrestling the suspect to the ground.

The gunman entered the lobby of the organization's Chinatown headquarters around 10:45 and expressed disagreement with the conservative group's policy positions, Fox News has learned. When the guard, who was not identified, asked him where he was going, he opened fire, according to police.

“The security guard here is a hero, as far as I’m concerned,” D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier said. ”He did his job. The person never made it past the front.”

“The security guard here is a hero, as far as I’m concerned.”
- D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier

The guard, who was not identified, was shot in the arm and was conscious after the shooting and was in stable condition. The gunman, who also was not identified, was being questioned by the FBI, sources said. Sources said he is in his twenties.

The suspect "made statements regarding their policies, and then opened fire with a gun striking a security guard," a source told Fox News. WJLA-TV7 reported the suspect was also shot

AmPat
08-15-2012, 02:56 PM
"Wrestling him to the ground?" Why didn't he make a huge blowhole in his forehead?

noonwitch
08-15-2012, 03:31 PM
"Wrestling him to the ground?" Why didn't he make a huge blowhole in his forehead?

He might not have been armed. It costs more to hire security guards who are trained to use firearms on the job. One of our security guards explained it to me once, that her company offered two different levels of security coverage-unarmed for most office buildings, and armed, for banks and armored trucks. She was working on her CCW and the other training required to do armed security, because she would make more money that way.

This guy deserves a raise, at the least.

Hubie
08-15-2012, 04:17 PM
The guard's name is Leo Johnson.

Well done, good and faithful servant.

I think people should send cards of thanks to him via FRC.