PDA

View Full Version : Harry Reid's Cow and Joe Biden's Parrot

Rockntractor
08-16-2012, 11:32 AM
By R. Emmett Tyrrell, Jr. on 8.16.12 @ 6:10AM

The Senate majority leader continues to stonewall on a sensitive matter.

WASHINGTON -- A week passes, and thus far the Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has yet to tell us whether he is or is not having sexual relations with a cow. As was reported in this column last week, based on sources in the field, Mr. Reid has been involved with the cow for at least three months, possibly more. My sources cannot be identified for obvious reasons. Even the New York Times would not reveal their identities. The story is that hot.

It is, of course, possible that the relationship is purely platonic. On the other hand, possibly Mr. Reid is more involved with the cow than might have been anticipated. It is time for him to come clean. He owes it to the American people and conceivably to the Department of Agriculture. Preferably he should make his statement on the floor of the Senate, which he reserves for such solemn occasions. For instance, his recent charge that the probable Republican presidential candidate, Mr. Mitt Romney, has paid no taxes for the better part of ten years was made there. His statement about the cow is no less important. Mr. Reid, we are waiting.

Yet let us now move on from Mr. Reid and his relationship -- platonic or otherwise -- with that cow (Bos primigenius), and let us come to the heart of the matter. What does President Barack Obama have to say for himself and his party? In this election year, does not the President as leader of his Democratic Party have an obligation to the American people to look into such serious charges? There are, of course, moral questions here and possibly questions regarding animal rights. Perhaps the Democrats are expanding the moral parameters in this affair. Well, it is not like them to refrain from boasting about it.

Naturally, there are also political questions. Will the Democratic Party extend the franchise to cows? This could become a whole new constituency for the Democrats. They could extend the franchise to the entire world of barnyard animals. Think of the consequences! They could sew up a massive majority for years to come, especially in rural areas. Talk about diversity, though there will have to be adjustments made in voting machines.

However, let us to return to Mr. Reid. My charge has gained credibility throughout the nation. Just the other day in Denver, Mr. Ross Kaminsky on 630 KHOW, the top-rated show in Colorado, commented favorably on my column, and its gravamen is gaining credence throughout the western United States. Soon its charges will be spreading to Mr. Reid's home state of Nevada. Is Mr. Reid simply going to ignore the matter? The Democrats are going to have to answer these charges eventually. After all, we are talking about the House Majority Leader!

As for Mr. Obama and the Obama presidential campaign, what do they have to hide? Already their credibility is in tatters owing to their shoddy charges against Mr. Romney. First there was the charge regarding his taxes. Then there was the charge that his decisions at Bain Capital killed the wife of a man felicitously named Mr. Joe Soptic. His charge was leveled against Mr. Romney despite the fact that he left Bain Capital two years before Mr. Soptic lost his job and his health insurance. At any rate, it really does not matter whether Mr. Soptic had health insurance because Mrs. Soptic was covered by her own insurance policy. Mr. Soptic told CNN she worked until 2002 or 2003 when she quit because of an injury. However, there is good news. She did not die until 2006. Still the Democrats lay her death to Mr. Romney. That is what we call Sophistry!

Reid More>http://spectator.org/archives/2012/08/16/harry-reids-cow-and-joe-bidens

AmPat
08-16-2012, 11:48 AM
LOL! I heard there was video out there. :rotfl:

noonwitch
08-16-2012, 01:18 PM
As long as Romney doesn't release his tax returns, like every other presidential candidate in the last 5 elections has done, people are going to speculate as to what he might be hiding.

If he released them, then the media would at least be quiet for the week or so it would take their experts to read what are probably long, tedious documents.

Rockntractor
08-16-2012, 01:22 PM
As long as Romney doesn't release his tax returns, like every other presidential candidate in the last 5 elections has done, people are going to speculate as to what he might be hiding.

If he released them, then the media would at least be quiet for the week or so it would take their experts to read what are probably long, tedious documents.

He has released all tax returns required by law just like every other candidate, when will Obama be releasing his school records and all other records we have asked for?

wasp69
08-16-2012, 02:30 PM

He has, what is the problem?

No, they wouldn't. Please tell me you're not that naive...

FlaGator
08-16-2012, 03:13 PM

No matter what his tax returns show, Obama will find a way to use them as a weapon. I don't blame him for playing things close to the vest.

Perhaps he can pull a Pelosi and say that if you want to know what is in them you'll have to elect him first.

AmPat
08-17-2012, 10:06 PM

Come on Nooner, you're better than that. We both know that isn't true. SoDadblame OStoopid will be all over anything they find that can be exploited.

He has released all tax returns required by law just like every other candidate, when will Obama be releasing his school records and all other records we have asked for?
I heard today that they should turn this back on O Dumbo. Tell him they will start by releasing High School records, then college, etc. As soon as the O Blow Hard administration releases the requested records, so will Romney. Put the DUmmyRATS on defense for awhile.

Unreconstructed Reb
08-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Romney should release the tax returns of all the people that have lost their jobs since 0blowme ruined the economy. Those are the tax returns that we really ought to be interested in; the ones that show little or NO income since Zero took office.

Odysseus
08-19-2012, 12:06 PM

As pointed out by others, he has released his tax returns "like every other presidential candidate." Reid is lying. That is, Reid is stating something that is patently, objectively and obviously false, and it is being repeated by the media without any attempt at fact-checking. Here is a typical example:

Aug 17, 2012 10:23am

Obama Campaign Offers Romney Tax Return Dealhttp://abcnews.go.com/images/Politics/ap_barack_obama_mr_120813_wblog.jpgNati Harnik/AP Images

BOSTON — The Obama campaign has an offer for Mitt Romney: Release five years of tax returns and they’ll promise not to pester him about the matter anymore.
The offer, made in a publicly released letter from Obama campaign manager Jim Messina, came a day after Romney revealed that he never paid less than 13 percent (http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/08/mitt-romney-says-he-never-paid-less-than-13-percent-in-taxes/) in taxes in the last 10 years.
“I am prepared to provide assurances on just that point: if the governor will release five years of returns, I commit in turn that we will not criticize him for not releasing more–neither in ads nor in other public communications or commentary for the rest of the campaign,” Messina wrote in the letter.
Messina’s would have Romney release three years of tax returns in addition to his 2010 return that has already been made public and his 2011 returns that the GOP candidate has promised to release by October.
Just before 9 a.m. this morning, Romney’s campaign manager brushed aside the offer in an e-mail that was distributed to the press by the campaign.
“It is clear that President Obama wants nothing more than to talk about Governor Romney’s tax returns instead of the issues that matter to voters, like putting Americans back to work, fixing the economy and reining in spending,” wrote Matt Rhoades.
“If Governor Romney’s tax returns are the core message of your campaign, there will be ample time for President Obama to discuss them over the next 81 days,” he wrote. “In the meantime, Governor Romney will continue to lay out his plans for a stronger middle class, to save Medicare, to put work back into welfare, and help the 23 million Americans struggling to find work in the Obama economy.”
Rhoades signed off with a curt “See you in Denver,” a reference to the location for the first presidential debate.
Yesterday, Romney told reporters that he looked at his tax rates, following up on a promise made to ABC News to see if he ever paid less than 13.9 percent, his rate in the one year of tax returns he has so far made public. ”I did go back and look at my taxes and over the past 10 years I never paid less than 13 percent,” Romney said. “I think the most recent year is 13.6 or something like that.”
“But every year I’ve paid at least 13 percent and if you add in addition the amount that goes to charity, well the number gets well above 20 percent,” Romney added.
Romney has said he will only release two years of tax returns — like Sen. John McCain did during the 2008 election — out of concern that releasing more would really do nothing to appease critics who would simply keep requesting more.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/08/obama-campaign-offers-romney-tax-return-deal/

The bolded parts of the article, direct quoting Obama's campaign manager, are what most people refer to as extortion. They are demanding that Romney provide more documents than required by law, in return for not being further attacked for it. Of course, they will naturally use the information in those returns to harass Romney, so it's hardly a bargain. Meanwhile, where are Obama's college transcripts? Where are his published articles in law school? His entire record is a cipher, and the media's narrative of it is based entirely on his highly unreliable autobiography, which has been shown to contain numerous falsehoods. An objective media would make a point that Obama is demanding what he has refused to do himself, and note the hypocrisy. A gaggle of partisan hacks would provide the kind of coverage that we've seen above.

AmPat
08-19-2012, 12:20 PM
As pointed out by others, he has released his tax returns "like every other presidential candidate." Reid is lying. That is, Reid is stating something that is patently, objectively and obviously false, and it is being repeated by the media without any attempt at fact-checking. Here is a typical example:

Aug 17, 2012 10:23am

Obama Campaign Offers Romney Tax Return Deal

http://abcnews.go.com/images/Politics/ap_barack_obama_mr_120813_wblog.jpgNati Harnik/AP Images

BOSTON — The Obama campaign has an offer for Mitt Romney: Release five years of tax returns and they’ll promise not to pester him about the matter anymore.
The offer, made in a publicly released letter from Obama campaign manager Jim Messina, came a day after Romney revealed that he never paid less than 13 percent (http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/08/mitt-romney-says-he-never-paid-less-than-13-percent-in-taxes/) in taxes in the last 10 years.
“I am prepared to provide assurances on just that point: if the governor will release five years of returns, I commit in turn that we will not criticize him for not releasing more–neither in ads nor in other public communications or commentary for the rest of the campaign,” Messina wrote in the letter.
Messina’s would have Romney release three years of tax returns in addition to his 2010 return that has already been made public and his 2011 returns that the GOP candidate has promised to release by October.
Just before 9 a.m. this morning, Romney’s campaign manager brushed aside the offer in an e-mail that was distributed to the press by the campaign.
“It is clear that President Obama wants nothing more than to talk about Governor Romney’s tax returns instead of the issues that matter to voters, like putting Americans back to work, fixing the economy and reining in spending,” wrote Matt Rhoades.
“If Governor Romney’s tax returns are the core message of your campaign, there will be ample time for President Obama to discuss them over the next 81 days,” he wrote. “In the meantime, Governor Romney will continue to lay out his plans for a stronger middle class, to save Medicare, to put work back into welfare, and help the 23 million Americans struggling to find work in the Obama economy.”
Rhoades signed off with a curt “See you in Denver,” a reference to the location for the first presidential debate.
Yesterday, Romney told reporters that he looked at his tax rates, following up on a promise made to ABC News to see if he ever paid less than 13.9 percent, his rate in the one year of tax returns he has so far made public. ”I did go back and look at my taxes and over the past 10 years I never paid less than 13 percent,” Romney said. “I think the most recent year is 13.6 or something like that.”
“But every year I’ve paid at least 13 percent and if you add in addition the amount that goes to charity, well the number gets well above 20 percent,” Romney added.
Romney has said he will only release two years of tax returns — like Sen. John McCain did during the 2008 election — out of concern that releasing more would really do nothing to appease critics who would simply keep requesting more.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/08/obama-campaign-offers-romney-tax-return-deal/

The bolded parts of the article, direct quoting Obama's campaign manager, are what most people refer to as extortion. They are demanding that Romney provide more documents than required by law, in return for not being further attacked for it. Of course, they will naturally use the information in those returns to harass Romney, so it's hardly a bargain. Meanwhile, where are Obama's college transcripts? Where are his published articles in law school? His entire record is a cipher, and the media's narrative of it is based entirely on his highly unreliable autobiography, which has been shown to contain numerous falsehoods. An objective media would make a point that Obama is demanding what he has refused to do himself, and note the hypocrisy. A gaggle of partisan hacks would provide the kind of coverage that we've seen above.As usual, Nooner is taking a lying POS at face value, even after repeated and ample proof of his many lies. If a somewhat reasonable liberal like Noon believes in the lying pile of skin that is Harry Reid, what chance does the rest of the drones have?