PDA

View Full Version : Gov. Brewer’s EO Blocks IDs, Benefits for Illegal Aliens Granted Obama Amnesty

Gina
08-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Gov. Brewer’s Executive Order Blocks IDs, Benefits for Illegal Aliens Granted Obama Amnesty
Link (http://standwitharizona.com/blog/2012/08/15/gov-brewers-executive-order-blocks-ids-benefits-for-illegal-aliens-granted-obama-amnesty/)

Not in my state, you don’t!

After a day of lawlessness, with hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens lining up across the nation to apply for Obama’s “deferred action” amnesty plan, and with spineless politicians cowering in the shadows, it took an Arizonan to stand up to Obama once again.

Obama’s old nemesis Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer tonight signed an executive order directing state agencies to deny driver’s licenses and other public benefits to young illegal immigrants who obtain work authorizations under a new Obama administration program.

Brewer’s order issued Wednesday says she’s reaffirming the intent of current Arizona law denying taxpayer-funded public benefits and state identification to illegal immigrants.

Illegal aliens who are – or claim to be – under 30 were able to start applying Wednesday with the federal government for work permits under the Obama administration’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals – a “policy note” signed by Obama on June 15th, bypassing Congress and enabling 1.76 million illegal aliens to receive blanket amnesty and work permits through the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

The edict permits illegal aliens to apply for nearly automatic 2-year stays from deportation and work permits, but with little verification of claims made, and no safeguards against, nor penalties for, fraud committed by illegals who apply.

But Brewer’s order rejects Obama’s decree and says the program’s federal paperwork does NOT make them “legal” and won’t entitle them to Arizona public benefits:

The issuance of Deferred Action or Deferred Action USCIS employment authorization documents to unlawfully present aliens does not confer upon them any lawful or authorized status and does not entitle them to any additional public benefit.

Gov. Brewer says that the up to 80,000 eligible illegals in the state applying for deferred action would present the state with “significant and lasting impacts on the Arizona budget, its health care system and additional public benefits that Arizona taxpayers fund.”

Complying with the new federal policy, writes Brewer, would go against “the intent of Arizona voters and lawmakers who enacted laws expressly restricting access to taxpayer funded benefits and state identification.”

Brewer directs state agencies to start emergency rulemaking processes as necessary to implement her order.

Way to go, Governor!

Stand With Arizona calls on other state governors to follow suit, and mandate that illegal aliens receiving Obama’s lawless, Congressionally-bypassed amnesty are barred from receiving any state benefits for which ordinary illegal aliens would not qualify.

And we call on Gov. Brewer to go even further – and deny the use of these unlawfully-issued UCSIS work authorizations in Arizona, and bar these illegals from working in Arizona under the state’s mandatory E-Verify and employer sanction provisions. The Obama drones will go nuts, and sue. Let them sue. FIGHT THEM tooth and nail. With pathetic politicians made impotent for fear of the mythical “Hispanic vote”, someone must fight this corrupt Administration on their cynical, political decrees.

It might as well be Arizona, where it all began.
You go girl!

There's a petition at the link if anyone is interested.

Bailey
08-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Its refreshing to see someone fight the good fight knowing its a lost cause, but at least she isn't given in.

LukeEDay
08-16-2012, 12:59 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Look for the Justice Department and Eric 'My People' Holder to sue the state.

noonwitch
08-16-2012, 01:15 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Look for the Justice Department and Eric 'My People' Holder to sue the state.

And they'll win.

LukeEDay
08-16-2012, 01:31 PM
And they'll win.

More than likely.

ThinkingBig
08-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Brewer's a dumb skank and now the DOJ has to waste time taking her to court.

You far-righties sure know how to waste government resources.

And fan the flames of xenophobia.

Rockntractor
08-16-2012, 01:51 PM

and you are banned garbage.

LukeEDay
08-16-2012, 02:03 PM

I love it when a ignorant liberal repeats the talking points he heard on MSNBC. That dude, was a moron. If anyone needs to learn history, it is him.

If he did take a history class, it would be obvious that it was taught by a flaming liberal who skewed it to match what he believes.

Rockntractor
08-16-2012, 02:06 PM
I love it when a ignorant liberal repeats the talking points he heard on MSNBC. That dude, was a moron. If anyone needs to learn history, it is him.

If he did take a history class, it would be obvious that it was taught by a flaming liberal who skewed it to match what he believes.

Every other thing out of his mouth was vile with little to contribute, liberal or otherwise.

Zathras
08-16-2012, 02:09 PM

About damned time we stomped a mud hole in this troll and walked it dry.

Zathras
08-16-2012, 02:10 PM
Every other thing out of his mouth was vile with nothing to contribute, liberal or otherwise.

FIFY. :adoration:

txradioguy
08-16-2012, 03:13 PM
And they'll win.

Bullshit.

wasp69
08-16-2012, 03:16 PM
And they'll win.

How so?

SaintLouieWoman
08-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Thanks, Rock. I just read this thread and was getting ready to pull the plug on him. It's amazing how people like him take advantage of the opportunities they're given here to express their opinions freely. He just didn't know when to stop hurling the insults.

LukeEDay
08-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Thanks, Rock. I just read this thread and was getting ready to pull the plug on him. It's amazing how people like him take advantage of the opportunities they're given here to express their opinions freely. He just didn't know when to stop hurling the insults.

He is a typical liberal. That is all they know....

Hubie
08-16-2012, 05:22 PM

Welcome back. Now get lost.

SaintLouieWoman
08-16-2012, 05:30 PM
Let's get back to the main topic of this thread. Cheers and congrats to Gov Brewer for having the guts to defend the citizens of her state by not bowing to Obama's grab for power and possibly illegal votes. She's saving her state (hopefully) a whole lot of money.

Here's hoping some other states have the guts to support her and follow her lead.

Hubie
08-16-2012, 05:48 PM
Let's get back to the main topic of this thread. Cheers and congrats to Gov Brewer for having the guts to defend the citizens of her state by not bowing to Obama's grab for power and possibly illegal votes. She's saving her state (hopefully) a whole lot of money.

Here's hoping some other states have the guts to support her and follow her lead.

I'd almost move to Arizona just so I could have the pleasure of voting for her. Hopefully she'll run for president someday.

Adam Wood
08-16-2012, 05:55 PM
Bullshit.
How so?IIRC from the last time around, this goes to the Ninth Circus, so all bets on reality, judges not being stoned, etc. are off.

Chuck58
08-16-2012, 07:51 PM
I'd almost move to Arizona just so I could have the pleasure of voting for her. Hopefully she'll run for president someday.

Last night when we heard about her order, my wife said, "Let's sell and move to Arizona."

I was tempted, but we're stuck with this house until the economy comes back.

Brewer is term limited anyway. She can't run again in 2014. I'd like to think our Gov would step up, but there's just been dead silence out of Santa Fe. Maybe she's banking on a Romney win and him getting rid of these damned obama dictates.

LukeEDay
08-16-2012, 09:59 PM
I agree. Jan Brewer is a great Governor. I just sent one of my good friends who live in Arizona a message telling her that she is lucky to have a governor that cares about the citizens of the state.

Janice
08-17-2012, 12:11 AM
A bold and excellent move Governor Brewer!

She's obviously not sipped the establishment GOP koolaid thats prone to pass the lips of many on our side.

Good for her and good for Arizonas citizens. Real leadership is so refreshing these days.

Dang... it just occurred to me. She's just returned the finger Maobama has been flipping at the nation. :cool:

noonwitch
08-17-2012, 08:47 AM
I just want to be clear on something-TB got banned for calling Jan Brewer a bad name. Is it still okay to call a skanky woman a skank? I mean the poster women for the word, like Courtney Love or that slutty white girl at my office whose hair is always greasy, not politicians I don't like.

SarasotaRepub
08-17-2012, 09:08 AM
I just want to be clear on something-TB got banned for calling Jan Brewer a bad name. Is it still okay to call a skanky woman a skank? I mean the poster women for the word, like Courtney Love or that slutty white girl at my office whose hair is always greasy, not politicians I don't like.

No worries noonwitch, I just don't want the C word used...

Odysseus
08-17-2012, 09:27 AM

In the case of TB, it was a cumulative effect. He's been given several time outs for his conduct here, and that was simply that last straw.

You can call Courtney Love a skank, and the same for the slutty girl at your office.

wasp69
08-17-2012, 09:29 AM
IIRC from the last time around, this goes to the Ninth Circus, so all bets on reality, judges not being stoned, etc. are off.

True, but things do not end there.

Rockntractor
08-17-2012, 09:34 AM

Thinkingbig has been warned several times to tone it down, he was just now coming back from a month time out and had had 2 time outs before that. He picked up right where he left off with most of his posts vulgar and offensive, he was not banned for any one post.

Everyone has their days and we all say things off color from time to time and that is not a problem, TB was nasty with just about everything and most of us had had enough, he offered the board nothing, after awhile he wasn't even entertaining.

Odysseus
08-17-2012, 10:49 AM
And they'll win.

Not if the judge reads the law. Obama's amnesty is not legal. He does not have the authority to unilaterally order the repeal of legislation, he is simply refusing to enforce it. The states are therefore under no obligation to cooperate by expanding their services to illegals. Now, that doesn't mean that some judge at the Ninth Circus won't find an emanation of penumbras of rights in the lint in his navel and rule for the illegals, but that's a different issue.

Hubie
08-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Not if the judge reads the law. Obama's amnesty is not legal. He does not have the authority to unilaterally order the repeal of legislation, he is simply refusing to enforce it. The states are therefore under no obligation to cooperate by expanding their services to illegals. Now, that doesn't mean that some judge at the Ninth Circus won't find an emanation of penumbras of rights in the lint in his navel and rule for the illegals, but that's a different issue.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Obama overstepped his authority and only Gov. Brewer has the guts to call him out on it. Part of me hopes Obama tries to have her arrested.

Unreconstructed Reb
08-19-2012, 10:08 AM
I wonder what 0blowme and the rats would do about the border jumpers if polling indicated that, if allowed to vote, the border jumpers would overwhelmingly vote Repub?

Bondai
08-20-2012, 03:31 PM
That's my Governor..way to go Jan.:biggrin-new: